LP Forum Changes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

We're making the following changes to the LP Forum.

First, we feel the current rules for the LP Forum are overly restrictive and confusing, so we've decided to loosen them up considerably. Some members feel it functions best as a sort of feed for video or stream updates, so we're going to go back to allowing posts of whatever type of announcement there. Given how few ZC let's players there are, we figure it's best to make it as simple as possible for members to connect with LP's that may interest them. It may not make a big difference in the overall activity of the forum, but we'd like to encourage let's players to post video upload announcements, stream announcements, or advertise their LPs within the forum. You're also welcome to use the #streaming channel on the PureZC Discord server.

We've also made two technical changes to the forum.

1. Post count won't increase in the LP Forum.

2. These posts won't show up in View New Content or search results.

Be sure to check out the forum regularly if you're interested in following the LPers there.

• ShadowTiger, Nathaniel, Anthus and 7 others like this

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

This is a good change. I feel I've found the format that works best for me so I'll continue doing that, but I also see no problem as it being a place to drop LPs, but my only worry now is if the damage has already been done for other Lets Players. :(

• Avaro likes this

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:06 PM

I'm just hoping that it isn't a situation of 'too little, too late', as several of the LPers who did ZC LPs abruptly stopped at the last forum change,IDK if we can get them back, now, but I hope that we can.

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

Hey, if any of you have any friendly contact with those particular LPers who left due to the previous changes, feel free to let them know.  The "too little too late" thing is something time will ultimately tell on, of course.  Better late than never though.  We have come to terms with the fact that our previous post quality goals with the LP forum were not exactly realistic.

#5 xenomicx

xenomicx

Zelda Arcade

• Members

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

How about changing the htaccess or index file to direct users to the home page, instead of to the forums. As of right now, no matter what location or PC or device I connect from (whether logged on or not or cookies present on the system), I'm directed straight to https://www.purezc.net/forums/ when I type into the address bar "purezc.net". If you actually type out "www." before that, you're taken to the home page which is what it should do. Examples: when you type in "youtube.com", "facebook.com", "twitter.com",...you're taken to the home page if you're not logged on, instead of a discussion forum.

This is the only site I've visited that does this and its annoying. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users