Zelda Classic 2.53.0 Beta 8 (Official)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

That's likely the issue. Q is mapped to Ex1 by default, and that will override the quick walk accelerator.

Why is ZQuest writing to the ZELDADX section though? Shouldn't ZQ only write to the ZQUEST settings on exit?

It writes the whole file. Anything that hasn't changed, it writes whatever values it read on startup.

I have however, experienced the control settings being lost, but I was not able to reproduce it readily.

Well, try this and see if it doesn't do it.
Start both programs. Order doesn't matter. Remap a button, then close and reopen ZC. The button should still be changed. Close ZC, then close ZQuest. When you reopen ZC, the change should be reverted.

#47 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

That's likely the issue. Q is mapped to Ex1 by default, and that will override the quick walk accelerator.

It writes the whole file. Anything that hasn't changed, it writes whatever values it read on startup.

I guess that's my point here. ZQuest should not read, or write to the ZELDADX config at all. I suppose it probably does, but that behaviour needs to be curbed in the future. I wouldn't be opposed to splitting ag.cfg into separate files for ZC, ZQ, RV, and whatever else, if need be; but I think that we can address this in the next version.

Start both programs. Order doesn't matter. Remap a button, then close and reopen ZC. The button should still be changed. Close ZC, then close ZQuest. When you reopen ZC, the change should be reverted.

I will verify it to be certain that is what is happening, but I do not doubt you in this. I was planning to check this, when I check the controller issues with iBuffalo pads. May as well do both at the same time.

#48 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

I updated the API specification documentation to v1.2, as I had forgotten to define the controller mapping changes in the previous revision. The update is linked int he top post, but you may also grab it here:

Zelda Classic and ZQuest 2.53 API Specification, v1.2 (PDF).

#49 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:34 AM

If Zquest reads the entire file and writes it when it is closed, than of course any changes made in ZC while Zquest is open will be undone when Zquest is last closed.

#50 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:03 AM

Another update addendum to Beta 9:

2.53_Win_Beta_9--fixdrunkguys--fixscrollingmap.zip

This should hopefully fix the issue with dungeon maps displaying improperly through scrolling warps, without creating any new bugs.

• I would appreciate if some of you could help test this, by checking any quests that use scrolling warps and seeing if there are any new issues.

I am not thrilled with how I had to do this patch, but it will need to be this way until 2.60 territory, or whenever I rewrite warping. (I have tried to refactor warping three times !! to date.)

I updated the top post to match this build. 

#51 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

Yet another update addendum to Beta 9:

2.53_Win_Beta_9--fixdrunkguys--fixscrollingmap--extrasanitycombosm.zip

This refactors some sanity checks, and adds error messages for:

• Game->GetComboSolid
  • Game->GetComboCSet
  • Game->GetComboData
  • Game->GetComboFlag
  • Game->GetComboInherentFlag
  • Game->GetComboType
  • Game->SetComboCSet
  • Game->SetComboData
  • Game->SetComboFlag
  • Game->SetComboInherentFlag
  • Game->SetComboType

• I would appreciate if some of you could help test this, by testing any scripts that use these instructions, and reporting if anything has broken.

Invalid inputs for the map, screen, or combo position will now report the specific error to allegro.log, and the function will exit. Getters will return -1 to the user on error, as well as tracing an error message to the log.

#52 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

Right. This will (I hope), be the last addendum to Beta 9.

I fixed the Import ZScript file lister dialogue to list .zh, .zs, .zlib, and other common extensions, rather than only listing.z files, when using the Import button to choose a file.

2.53_Win_Beta_9--fixdrunkguys--fixscrollingmap--extrasanitycombosm--importscriptsimprovement.zip

Updated again at 16:34GMT: This was a minor fix to std_functions.zh to remove a duplicate constant.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 24 September 2017 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users