Graphical issues when playing 2.53 quest in 2.55

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

So I started playing my test quest (that was started in ZC 2.53) with the new 2.55 Alphas and all of a sudden I'm getting some graphical glitches. For example every single scripted enemy now has the very first tile in the tile page appearing on top of them like this:

srvYhfN.png

Also, some misc/weapon sprites are suddenly animating way too fast. It doesn't make a difference if I change the animation values and save the quest in 2.55, they still keep animating super fast (for example the More button, some scripted weapon sprites etc).

Anyone know what could be the cause of this problem? There are no issues when playing with ZC 2.53 but when playing with 2.55 these issues appear. Saving the quest in 2.55 doesn't help. Wasn't 2.55 supposed to be fully backwards compatible?

Edited by Peteo, 03 February 2020 - 05:02 PM.

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:47 PM

This needs to be moved to "Bug Reports".

If something works in 2.53, and then playing that same quest without recompiling scripts in 2.55 does something different and buggy, then it's a ZC bug, and should be reported there (for future reference).

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:33 PM

So I started playing my test quest (that was started in ZC 2.53) with the new 2.55 Alphas and all of a sudden I'm getting some graphical glitches. For example every single scripted enemy now has the very first tile in the tile page appearing on top of them like this:

srvYhfN.png

Also, some misc/weapon sprites are suddenly animating way too fast. It doesn't make a difference if I change the animation values and save the quest in 2.55, they still keep animating super fast (for example the More button, some scripted weapon sprites etc).

Anyone know what could be the cause of this problem? There are no issues when playing with ZC 2.53 but when playing with 2.55 these issues appear. Saving the quest in 2.55 doesn't help. Wasn't 2.55 supposed to be fully backwards compatible?

Please send both the 2.53 and the 2,55 versions of the quest to me. I've never heard of anything like this happening.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:46 PM

Allright, sent the files to Zoria.

#5 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:19 PM

This happens to me to, when I use ghost.zh

NPC scripted enemies don't have this bug

I first recognized it when I tried to make my FatHead Zora Boss, with Newbie Boss Script/EZ Boss

I also think, my save bug (that I found a personal solution for) is caused by a conflict in F6 Menu.
Cause it only happend in 2.55

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:46 PM

I also think, my save bug (that I found a personal solution for) is caused by a conflict in F6 Menu.

Cause it only happend in 2.55

One issue per thread.

• Bagu likes this

#7 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:02 PM

Sorry! That's right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users