Remembrance of Shadows- Help/Bug Topic

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#91 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 27 December 2021 - 12:28 AM

I'm at the end of the trading sequence after level 6. I have the wrapped gift. I have to find Richard but I don't remember him. I know the warp point Richard's Villa and that's it. No one seems to be around.

I've completed the trading sequence while vivisting Zelda. She took me to Farore and I gained the Ocarina of the Sirens.

The wrapped gift is what you get from Richard.

The Ocarina of the Sirens is the end of the trading sequence.

#92 Zoldeus

Zoldeus

• Members

Posted 30 December 2021 - 10:36 AM

Hi, I finished everything up to the last fairy, but where is the entrance to the true final dungeon? The fairy mentioned the windfish slumbering somewhere deep under the island...but I have no clue where I should go.

#93 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 30 December 2021 - 11:13 AM

Hi, I finished everything up to the last fairy, but where is the entrance to the true final dungeon? The fairy mentioned the windfish slumbering somewhere deep under the island...but I have no clue where I should go.

The entrance is in Martha's Bay.

I really should have provided some kind of clue about that.

I've recently expanded it and reworked the boss.

If you haven't updated within the last few days, you should do so for the desired experience.

#94 telepot

telepot

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 31 December 2021 - 07:06 PM

When I receive any item other than armor, heart pieces, Zol fragments, or seashells after acquiring the level 3 boomerang, it replaces the level 3 boomerang with the level 2 boomerang, halting quest progress.

Edited by telepot, 31 December 2021 - 08:24 PM.

#95 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 01 January 2022 - 12:31 AM

When I receive any item other than armor, heart pieces, Zol fragments, or seashells after acquiring the level 3 boomerang, it replaces the level 3 boomerang with the level 2 boomerang, halting quest progress.

That is weird.

I have no idea what might cause this or how to fix it.

I'm sorry that I can't help any more.

#96 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 January 2022 - 06:53 PM

I'm stumped.  Where is level 8?

#97 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:07 PM

I'm stumped.  Where is level 8?

You have to get the proper dungeon key before it will open.

That means finding the boss which guards it.

First you have to hammer the bird statue in Mabe Village.

Follow the path there are go through the Dream Sequence which follows.

This will give you the 4th Sword Tech.

Afterwards, hit the switch in that cave and go back the way you came.

A path to the right will have opened along the way.

Fight the Sleepy Darknut within to get the key.

Once you have the key, go to the graveyard in North Koholint.

This is east of both the Mysterious Woods and the Witch's Hut.

Inside you will find a key block on the screen where the Color Dungeon was in Link's Awakening DX.

Use the key there to open level 8.

#98 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 20 January 2022 - 10:51 PM

A note to anybody who wants to try the quest after this point.

I've done a few essential updates and bug fixes which you'll probably like if you happen to fall into the pit of unintended consequences.

Short version is, update the quest if your file is older than this post or I can't be held responsible.

Have fun otherwise!

#99 Nino

Nino

• Members

Posted 17 February 2022 - 07:22 PM

Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen!

It seems that I encountered a possibly game breaking bug. Here is the situation:

Spoiler

Also, can someone tell me which reward one should receive from Richard after recruiting all 3 NPCs? When I entered the house, the cutscene immediately stopped and I was teleported back. After entering again, the quest was done, but I never received an item. My assumption was, that I would get a ring, so I checked the inventory, but couldn't find any new ring inside.

Anyhow, despite the frustrating bugs, I want to say a big thanks to the creator and everyone involved for the dedication to create this amazing quest!
So far I enjoyed it a lot and hope the bugs can be resolved. :D
(will write a proper review after finishing the quest completely and figuring this forum out, since i am new :D)

#100 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 February 2022 - 12:17 PM

Spoiler

I've never heard of this bug before.

I don't really know what might have caused it.

However, i can assure you that the upgraded boomerang should not be required for completing the post-game dungeon.

You should be able to use the regular boomerang for all puzzles.

Also, can someone tell me which reward one should receive from Richard after recruiting all 3 NPCs? When I entered the house, the cutscene immediately stopped and I was teleported back. After entering again, the quest was done, but I never received an item. My assumption was, that I would get a ring, so I checked the inventory, but couldn't find any new ring inside.

You should have received the Green Joy Ring.

Check your ring subscreen to see if this is true.

If not, this is probably a bug.

There's nothing I can think of which might have prevented this from working.

Anyhow, despite the frustrating bugs, I want to say a big thanks to the creator and everyone involved for the dedication to create this amazing quest!

So far I enjoyed it a lot and hope the bugs can be resolved. :D
(will write a proper review after finishing the quest completely and figuring this forum out, since i am new :D)

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the quest!

I look forward to your review.

Please try the other quests in this series.

You can find links to them in my signature under "The 4 Lands".

#101 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 06 April 2022 - 06:37 PM

NVM I asked the dumbest question in history and figured it out.  Went too long w/out playing.

Edited by SofaKing, 07 April 2022 - 01:09 PM.

#102 LuskiSnowpaws

LuskiSnowpaws

• Members

Posted 01 May 2022 - 08:50 AM

Hey am Great game by the way^^
Mmmm Am stuck in the level 4 Boss i have the boomerang who stun him very a little but i dont know how to hit him Xd 

Can i have help please ! Just found by hasard Thanx XD

Edited by LuskiSnowpaws, 01 May 2022 - 08:55 AM.

#103 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:43 AM

Hey am Great game by the way^^
Mmmm Am stuck in the level 4 Boss i have the boomerang who stun him very a little but i dont know how to hit him Xd 

Can i have help please ! Just found by hasard Thanx XD

When the boss is stunned by the boomerang, his defenses against other types of attacks are lowered for a brief period of time.

There's very little visual identification of this fact, due to various glitches in his design I've been unable to fix.

Basically, if the body stops moving or the appearance changes after using the boomerang on him, try other attacks to damage him.

#104 Odanaki

Odanaki

• Members

Posted 27 May 2022 - 05:14 PM

I played this game twice and I encounter the same situation at Level 9. There is a Level that looks like an arrow to the bottom, first line up and first square to the left, I just cannot find the way out of this puzzle. There is that unmovable block, right to the double arrow block, that makes it impossible to get by. Can anyone help me with this.

I got 19 Secret Seashells, 10 Zol Fragment, 8 Shadow Shard and 8 Heart Rings.  By the way, I could not beat Zol. Maybe I'm not strong enough.

In YouTube SCKnucles Part 41 (24:50 / 32:30) this block can be moved and is shown with an arrow to the bottom.

Edited by Odanaki, 28 May 2022 - 08:51 AM.

#105 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 28 May 2022 - 08:50 AM

I played this game twice and I encounter the same situation at Level 9. There is a Level that looks like an arrow to the bottom, first line up and first square to the left, I just cannot find the way out of this puzzle. There is that unmovable block, right to the double arrow block, that makes it impossible to get by. Can anyone help me with this.

In YouTube SCKnucles Part 41 (24:50 / 32:30) this block can be moved and is shown with an arrow to the bottom.

You're right, I'm not sure when this was changed or why.

I will update the quest to fix this issue immediately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users