What Are You Watching?

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#31 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Just about finished with Code Lyoko. Working my way through classic Doctor Who (slowly but surely). When I finish Code Lyoko I'll probably start Madoka Magica.

#32 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

Recently finished watching Digimon Adventure Zero-Two (Season 2). Not quite as good as the previous series, but I noticed a couple funny things. For instance, you know how one of the villains was called Arukenimon? Turns out, the real name was Arachnemon, and the people doing the English dub thought that the Japanese mispronunciation was the actual name. (Japanese pronunciation often makes English words sound funny. For instance, "hotcake" would sound something like "hot-ah-cay-kee". Saw that on a show called "A Channel")

Also finally got around to watching "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" for the first time. It was actually very good. My favorite songs would have to be "My Eyes" (unsure on title), and "Everything You Ever", although the two songs by the Bad Horse Trio come in agonizingly close.

I've got a torrent downloading right now containing a subtitled version of Digimon Tamers (season 3). I found that while streaming it online was nice, the picture quality and reduced loading time for individual videos make torrents very much worth the long downloading times. I've been letting this one download for about three or four days straight, and it still isn't done yet. These things don't seem to have very many seeders, sadly. I should be able to start watching it either tomorrow or the next day, so I'll have it start Digimon Frontier (season 4) when I'm ready to start watching this one. Hopefully by the time I'm done, the download will be ready.

#33 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Still watching Deadman Wonderland. I've gotten though Five episodes so far, I'm really liking this show a lot.

You know this is the first Anime I've gotten addicted too.

#34 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Well, this morning I dug out my old VHS of "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins" and watched the whole hour-long pilot. So, natrually, I am now re-watching the entire 65-episode series.

I'd forgotten how hilariously epic that show was. This is going to be a good month of august as I re-watch it from start to finish.

#35 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

I am watching documentaries about people studying the Pyramids and the Sphinx. It's interesting but useless.

#36 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

Finished with Korra again. Starting soon, I should be making progress through Spider-Man: The Animated Series. This is gonna feed my dormant Spidey geekdom so greatly... icon_heh.gif

#37 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Lately I started getting into Game of Thrones, which is a TV series on HBO (I am watching through Netflix DVDs, since I don't get the channel), set in medieval times. It has gone through one season so far. Fantastic series with fantastic acting. I highly recommend if anybody likes that sort of thing.

I have also been watching an Australian Sci-Fi series from 1999-2002, called Farscape. Got through about half of the first season so far. While not my favorite among Sci-Fi series (It can't beat out a lot of Star Trek series, Firefly, and the newer Battlestar Galactica), I think it's decent, and enjoyable. Certainly a unique perspective on the genre. Most of the characters are interesting, although I am not a fan of the personality of the main character, John Crichton, which seems very one dimensional.

#38 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Yep you guessed right... <__< I'm still watching Deadman wonderland. I've fallen in love with this show.
Have to say though I've taken a liking to ending credits song. it almost makes you forgot how violent the show is...

If anyone is interested in what the music sounds like I'll put it here.

Shiny Shiny

#39 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(DavidReinold @ Aug 7 2012, 09:28 PM) View Post
Well, this morning I dug out my old VHS of "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins" and watched the whole hour-long pilot. So, natrually, I am now re-watching the entire 65-episode series.
Oh my god, I had that tape when I was a kid. Never watched the show, though.

Anyway, I recently got the DVD box set of the Zelda cartoon, so I've been watching that lately. I gotta say, for all the complaining people do about that show, there really was some good to it. For example, Zelda was actually a really awesome character. She was never there just to provide Link with someone to save. More often than not, she was the one saving Link. Plus, I just think it's kind of neat how basically nothing in it is relevant to the series as it is today. Kind of like the two Doctor Who movies from the 60s.

#40 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

I recently finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist, and have been rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood with my brother. I've seen every episode of both series at least once, but I've never managed to see either movie D:

#41 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Big Brother(+Live Feeds) and The Glass House. Also a few other reality shows from time-to-time.

#42 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

Game of Thrones. Need I say more?

#43 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Soul Eater is freakin' awesome. I love the characters and it's a very funny anime with a lot of action.

MAKAAAAAA CHOP! icon_biggrin.gif

#44 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(kurt91 @ Jul 17 2012, 03:28 AM) View Post
Now, for those of you who remember, several years ago, a Digimon movie came out here in the United States. That movie was a horrible abomination on the series. The reason for this (I found this out recently during an archive binge of some JesuOtaku videos) is that the movie was cobbled together by stringing together footage from three Japanese Digimon movies, and trying to tie them together with a unique plot. For anybody unfortunate enough to still own a copy, you can see evidence of this by just looking at the back cover. The information and plot summary is completely wrong and references plot points that were removed from the film entirely.
So I just watched the Nostalgia Critic review of this film, and I think that was good enough to warn me to stay away from the film. Maybe one day I might watch the individual films subbed, but yeah, I'm definitely gonna stay away from this. If it's possible, it looks like the animation was even worse than in the series, which isn't to say it was bad in the series, not at all, but aren't the movie adaptations supposed to have higher-quality animation? O_o

#45 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

For the past couple weeks, I've been watching Star Trek: The Next Generation on Netflix! Loving every moment of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users