My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

• Please log in to reply
3580 replies to this topic

#16 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

We get it. You're indifferent to it. So let the fanatics have their way with the thread. The floodgates have been opened for all the people who were too embarrassed to admit they watch it. Which reminds me, I'm watching the season finale as we speak.

So now I pose a question to you all, since just about everyone who's seen this show has an answer:

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER?!

< Fluttershy fan, all the way.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 11 May 2011 - 07:54 AM.

#17 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

You know what I've noticed lately? If someone disagrees with the main idea of a general thread, everyone else who's all about the thread gets all up in their face about it. This is a forum, not some "only fans may discuss, so see your way out" group, PowerGauntlets; he can talk about why he doesn't understand a bunch of guys getting into "My Little Pony". It's a bit understandable. Besides, they haven't kicked me out of all the OoT threads...yet. icon_heh.gif

So, I guess I'd have to say Pinkie Pie. ADD-ridden pony who breaks out into songs? Yeahhhhhhhh, spirit of manliness right there. Fluttershy is a close second, though.

#18 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

I clicked on the first video you posted, thinking it was some weird opening sequence, but then when "Master of Puppets" started playing I was like, WTF? icon_lol.gif

Anyway, I haven't seen it so my first opinion doesn't mean anything, but isn't My little Pony for little girls?

#19 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

It's also for guys who aren't insecure with their masculinity icon_blah.gif

Nah, the way I see it is that if I enjoy something, it shouldn't matter whether or not it was made specifically for men or women (on the plus side, real men wear pink) Besides, put a Benny Hill chase scene in just about anything and I'll watch it. I mean, I'm not gonna watch a Barbie movie for sure, but I came in with an open mind for this. It's honestly not that bad, and at least they don't defeat evil by having a tea party and learning to share. >.>

#20 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

Well, I have all Fushigi Yuugi mangas and it is considered a girl manga. But I still love it!

Is there really just thing as, "For girls" or "For boys"? I mean, it would be a bit weird if a boy bought a Barbie doll, but seriously, do we really need to separate the two genders? I mean, for some things it is necessary like clothing but TV shows and stuff like that. Just because it's cute and adorable and pink and rainbow-y doesn't mean a man can't watch it!

#21 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ May 11 2011, 07:52 AM) View Post
We get it. You're indifferent to it. So let the fanatics have their way with the thread. The floodgates have been opened for all the people who were too embarrassed to admit they watch it. Which reminds me, I'm watching the season finale as we speak.
Well, I thought this was obvious, but in case anyone misinterpreted it: my last post was aimed solely at Lithium for his terrible horse puns, and we know each other well enough that it's not gonna offend him. I wasn't saying anything about anyone else. icon_razz.gif
QUOTE(Prospekt @ May 11 2011, 08:01 AM) View Post
You know what I've noticed lately? If someone disagrees with the main idea of a general thread, everyone else who's all about the thread gets all up in their face about it. This is a forum, not some "only fans may discuss, so see your way out" group, PowerGauntlets; he can talk about why he doesn't understand a bunch of guys getting into "My Little Pony". It's a bit understandable. Besides, they haven't kicked me out of all the OoT threads...yet. icon_heh.gif
Well, I should clarify that I understand why individuals would get into this show. It's got good animation (and if you wanted to go further, "good voice acting," although I seldom pay attention to it in shows that I watch). It's also different enough to satisfy some people's desires to be hipster viewers ("This show about ponies really tells people I'm not afraid to challenge gender norms!"). I just don't understand why it's so incredibly pervasive on the internet. icon_shrug.gif

I mean, I loved the shows from my childhood. Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, all that jazz. But I don't have any desire to follow those shows and post about the characters online. icon_razz.gif But whatever, enough, I'm not gonna harass you guys for watching a show.

#22 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

I was thinking about making this topic... then I found out it was already here! icon_awesome.gif

Also, people made bingo charts before the final episode, while I did not make one myself, I did find a filled in one! icon_razz.gif

I must admit the that the show was great, even though I did not like most episodes, there where some good ones. But the main appeal to this series for me is the characters, which have been very well developed! icon_biggrin.gif

Also, princes celestia is a big troll, as seen in episode one and 26. icon_razz.gif

Edit: This image is also quite funny! icon_razz.gif

Edited by green-kirby, 12 May 2011 - 09:26 AM.

#23 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

I like how this is like the new Gurren Lagann thread. Now that it's been posted, all the closet bronies have changed their avatars (and I'm tempted to do the same).

Also, just discovered http://www.rainbowdash.net/, which is like the MyLittlePony version of Twitter. I'm lovin' it right now. And equestriadaily.com is becoming increasingly interesting to look at.

#24 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

IPB Image

I'm just waiting to find a better Pinkie Pie avatar :B

#25 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

You could look for a new avy on ponibooru or ponychan, both sites have plenty of images! icon_razz.gif

#26 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

Well, we had a Gurren Lagann fad on the forum... I am sensing that My Little Pony is next.

#27 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE(green-kirby @ May 13 2011, 05:46 PM) View Post

You could look for a new avy on ponibooru or ponychan, both sites have plenty of images! icon_razz.gif

There's already a Ponibooru and Ponychan? O_o I don't think that took very long. XD Or has it been out longer than I'm thinking?

Anyway, I don't think I can consider myself a bronie. I've only watched a few episode and thought it was entertaining, but not as into it as others seem to be. It's all cool though. Honestly, I think it's awesome to see that something like this has taken to an entirely different demographic. Shows a bit more open-mindness, I'd say. :3

#28 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

Don't trash Michael Bay. He's making the My Little Pony movie and it's gonna be awesome:

My Little Pony Movie Trailer

#29 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

The reality of it all is really starting to sink in, for me. Anyone else ever wake up in a cold sweat and the first thought that occurs to them is "holy crap, I'm watching a kid's show about talking ponies!"

As for that Michael Bay fake trailer...that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I MEAN, WHEN THERE ARE HIGH SCHOOL GUYS WHO WANT FLUTTERSHY AND RAINBOW DASH FIGURES-! ...okay, that's STILL pretty weird, but you get the point. It's not about being normal anymore. It's about watching what you want to watch and not giving a damn if other people look down on you for it. Obviously there are things one could watch that severely destroy the intentions of this purpose but still comply with the definition, but in this particular situation it's a fairly good excuse to watch.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 16 May 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#30 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

I was thinking of doing some sort of real life pony stunt, but I don't know. Sorta like what some other pony did. icon_razz.gif

Also, who cares about target demographic as long as the show is good? ยด:3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users