"No spawn" enemy flag

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:18 AM

Sometimes you'll have a room with blocked off areas where you don't want enemies to spawn. However, through player interaction, like pushing blocks, that room's area can become accessible later on, and you want enemies to be able to access it too at that point (so you can't use the "no enemy" flag there).

Would it be possible to have a "no spawn" flag to use in these situations, so enemies won't initially spawn on these combos, but may go there once the path has been opened?

I know you can work around this by using the enemy spawn flags in the rest of the room. You can even retain the randomness by placing the same enemy placement flag several times. However this is a bit more complicated than just telling ZC not to spawn enemies on certain combos.

• Jared, Alucard648, Aquamentus (Facing Right) and 1 other like this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:23 AM

I'm deeply spooked by this because I just posted this exact same request on OpenZC. Just shows it's a doubly good idea.

• Jared, Aquamentus (Facing Right) and Bagu like this

#3 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:06 PM

...I was legitimately questioning "Wait, didn't I reply to this request already?"

The reply was, for the record, that this should be simple enough, and once my desktop is finished being rebuilt and working again, I'll have this on my list.

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 August 2020 - 12:07 PM

Sometimes you'll have a room with blocked off areas where you don't want enemies to spawn. However, through player interaction, like pushing blocks, that room's area can become accessible later on, and you want enemies to be able to access it too at that point (so you can't use the "no enemy" flag there).

Would it be possible to have a "no spawn" flag to use in these situations, so enemies won't initially spawn on these combos, but may go there once the path has been opened?

I know you can work around this by using the enemy spawn flags in the rest of the room. You can even retain the randomness by placing the same enemy placement flag several times. However this is a bit more complicated than just telling ZC not to spawn enemies on certain combos.

I'm deeply spooked by this because I just posted this exact same request on OpenZC. Just shows it's a doubly good idea.

This request has been filled as of 2.55.0 Alpha 79. The new flag, placed or inherent, is flag 163 Spawn No Enemies. I paired this by adding flag 164, Spawn All Enemies.

Please see the topic for this alpha for more details.

• Jamian likes this

#5 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 August 2020 - 11:32 AM

Beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users