• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:08 PM

Hey everyone.

Today it's exactly 10 years ago since the original Ballad of a Bloodline was released. I was working on a deluxe version for CastChaos (he's the original author) for quite some time. Though the quest was finished several months ago already, I decided to wait untill this special date.

Now I submitted this to the purezc database, but I guess it could take a little bit untill it's released. In the meantime you could pick it up at my website if you can't wait: http://twccgaming.com/quests

You can use this topic for any questions or feedback about the quest. Of course you can also send me a private message if that suits you better.

I hope you will enjoy the quest!

• DarkFlameSheep, Anthus, judasrising and 2 others like this

#2 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

I can't believe it! I'm the first to comment, AND to stream it!

https://www.twitch.tv/ptux7

• Twilight Knight likes this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:10 PM

Congrats on finishing this, TK. I thought it was canceled, but nope. I'll try to get around to playing it one of these days. :)

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:34 AM

I can't believe it! I'm the first to comment, AND to stream it!

https://www.twitch.tv/ptux7

Awesome!

Will you also be uploading the videos? I most likely can't watch the stream because of timezones and whatnot :'(

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

I'm three dungeons in now, having fun revisiting this quest so far. Before I head to the Inverted World, is there any content new to this update I'd want to check out? I already know there's

Spoiler

Also one quality of life change that I'd really suggest adding in a future update: Could you maybe change the cutscene warps from walk off the screen ones to timed warps? I find it very unusual that there's a 2.5 quest that's still using that old trick and it can at times even be intrusive to gameplay, like the Kokiri Forest to Goron City shortcut where I found myself accidentally going in and out several times by accident. I also could've sworn it's been inconsistent which button to hold from scene to scene...

• ShadowTiger and Twilight Knight like this

#6 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:51 AM

Found a couple bugs.

A8MeOO4.png

Found a secret here, but when you come back, you're stuck in the water, have to F6 to continue.

EiiIZcR.png

When the guard sends you back to town, it takes me to a black screen, have to F6 to continue.

#7 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

Thank you, I will fix them soon.

#8 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

Thank you, I will fix them soon.

It seems that whenever I meet a guard the sends me back to town, it always takes me to a black screen; then I have to F6 to continue.

#9 Varn

Varn

• Members

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:29 PM

So, in the multikey room on F2 of the top dungeon, the last room I entered, that says 'PUSH':

M3Kh4mU.png

I can't get a thing to happen.

I looked in a let's play, and (at least in the original version) there was a block in the upper right, that Myra comments on you pushing downstairs ... but there's nothing like that here.  Ideas?

#10 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:17 AM

I'm three dungeons in now, having fun revisiting this quest so far. Before I head to the Inverted World, is there any content new to this update I'd want to check out? I already know there's

Spoiler

Also one quality of life change that I'd really suggest adding in a future update: Could you maybe change the cutscene warps from walk off the screen ones to timed warps? I find it very unusual that there's a 2.5 quest that's still using that old trick and it can at times even be intrusive to gameplay, like the Kokiri Forest to Goron City shortcut where I found myself accidentally going in and out several times by accident. I also could've sworn it's been inconsistent which button to hold from scene to scene...

Hey Moosh, glad you are enjoying it so far.

It seems you didn't miss anything in the light world. There are, like in the original, many HCPs and magic containers scattered around there, so I suggest you find (a lot of) those before you go into the portal.

And I agree, I should've made them into timed warps. I think I did it to some, but definitely not all. So thank you for the suggestion.

It seems that whenever I meet a guard the sends me back to town, it always takes me to a black screen; then I have to F6 to continue.

When thinking about it, this might be related to Moosh's feedback: that there are many black screens which require you to walk in a particular direction instead of automatically warping you.

But to be sure, I need to check it out. Thanks for the report!

So, in the multikey room on F2 of the top dungeon, the last room I entered, that says 'PUSH':

I can't get a thing to happen.

I looked in a let's play, and (at least in the original version) there was a block in the upper right, that Myra comments on you pushing downstairs ... but there's nothing like that here.  Ideas?

Hmmm, I'd need to check that out. There should indeed be a block on the "upper right" side, but it looks as if you already pushed it. Could you try seeing the screen below this on the lower floor?

But I will check it out in detail once I have access to my windows laptop, which would be tomorrow at earliest.

Thank you for your feedback guys!

#11 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

How do I get into the closed section of the library?

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:00 PM

Walk in under the wall from the shop just the left of the library.
  • judasrising and Twilight Knight like this

#13 Varn

Varn

• Members

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:11 PM

Well - there was nothing in the locked room. 

What I was missing was boomeranging the statue 2 doors down from the actual boss room (is there a hint anywhere that this works?)  

I had no problems accessing the boss - so maybe the block started pushed?  Or I pushed it without the game showing me I did, I guess.

Anyway, moving on!

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

I ran into the same issue, actually. I remembered having to push a block down in that room in the original BoaB, but it seemed already solved here, causing my quite a bit of confusion.

#15 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:39 AM

Thank you for the reports. I will fix these things as soon as I can.

The statue boomerang thing is now replaced with the regular triangular shaped boomerang thingy. It indeed didn't make a lot of sense.

• Russ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)