6th Quest (Mani) Help thread

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:56 AM

I've finished this quest, thank you for a very enjoyable quest!

By the way I couldn't find the ladder...

Does anyone know where to find the ladder? 

#17 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:52 AM

I've finished this quest, thank you for a very enjoyable quest!

By the way I couldn't find the ladder...

Does anyone know where to find the ladder? 

Some concerns with the ladder means it's not really accessible in the current version, you didn't miss it.

I'm currently working on an update which will re-add it again along with other things, but I'm currently bug testing it.

Thanks for playing the quest!

#18 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:49 AM

Some concerns with the ladder means it's not really accessible in the current version, you didn't miss it.

I'm currently working on an update which will re-add it again along with other things, but I'm currently bug testing it.

Thanks for playing the quest!

Thank you for your quick response! I convinced the result of my play.

Someday I will be able to go to the cave over the river and find something there!

#19 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:52 AM

Thank you for your quick response! I convinced the result of my play.
Someday I will be able to go to the cave over the river and find something there!

This cave is accessible without the ladder, just so you know. Though it might require a bit of thinking outside the box.
  • RedHouse likes this

#20 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:14 PM

So I usually try to get as far as I can without help, but I just finished L6 and have lots of hearts but no ladder to get the letter. If I'm reading right, there is no ladder so no chance of getting letter?

#21 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:19 PM

So I usually try to get as far as I can without help, but I just finished L6 and have lots of hearts but no ladder to get the letter. If I'm reading right, there is no ladder so no chance of getting letter?

The letter is on raft docks, you raft out there to get it.

If you missed the raft:

Spoiler

While the ladder would be convenient, it's not actually required to get anywhere in the game in the current version either.

Edited by Mani Kanina, 27 January 2021 - 05:21 PM.

#22 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

Ahh, silly me I just assumed it was a ladder area when I passed by like the first quest heart container. Should have noted the distance, thanks.

#23 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:15 AM

This cave is accessible without the ladder, just so you know. Though it might require a bit of thinking outside the box.

Thank you for the surprising information...!

I NEVER noticed that while I believed I could get the ladder.

And would you mind giving me one more clue?

I had another place I couldn't visit in this quest.

It is a room in Level 9, located 2-blocks north, 2-blocks east from the entrance.

#24 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:14 AM

And would you mind giving me one more clue?
I had another place I couldn't visit in this quest.
It is a room in Level 9, located 2-blocks north, 2-blocks east from the entrance.

That room is just flavour on the map, you can't access it. Instead you access the same room that is unmarked on the map in the reverse shape (Which you probably have already done if you have beaten the game).
  • RedHouse likes this

#25 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:59 PM

That room is just flavour on the map, you can't access it. Instead you access the same room that is unmarked on the map in the reverse shape (Which you probably have already done if you have beaten the game).

Thank you again for reply.

Do you mean the space located 2-blocks north, 1-block west from the entrance of Level 9?

I didn't find any unmapped place in Level 9, except the room with Zelda!

I thought I pushed every blocks and exploded every walls, but now, I feel I've missed many secrets...

#26 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:44 AM

Thank you again for reply.
Do you mean the space located 2-blocks north, 1-block west from the entrance of Level 9?
I didn't find any unmapped place in Level 9, except the room with Zelda!

What? No. I'm talking about Zelda's room, that room is an unmarked room on the map. You have seen all the dungeon has to offer.

Spoiler

#27 filth001

filth001

• Members

Posted 29 January 2021 - 02:15 PM

can someone tell me when i save the game there are triforce how becom i te thrifore where are the fourth triforce thanks roy

come back when you had the thriforce how can i become the threforce

#28 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 08 February 2021 - 08:14 PM

An update to the quest have been submitted to the database and should appear shortly.

OLD SAVE FILES WILL NOT BE COMPATIBLE

I know that is a pain, but due to coding changes it had to happen. Future updates should hopefully not have this issue, however.

This update includes:
An overworld overhaul for Normal mode. (Old School is untouched)

Normal mode now starts with a weak weapon.
The Ladder can now be found and used.

Fixed the pesky level 7 bug.
various other misc things.

I did a lot of overhaul on the backend for how the quest works, so if something shows up and don't work how you expect it to or seems weird, please post here about it, it might very well be unintentional. I think I found most oddities in my test run, but I might very well have missed something.

I will be pushing another update in the near future with some other changes/additions, but it needs a bit more refinement still.

#29 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:24 PM

I think I found a bug. I got out of level 8 before killing the boss. Went all the way left to reach the cave with changing raft path. The cave where there is a challenge. When I got out, the map was blank as if I went nowhere. I could get all the treasure again. So now, have more than 16 hearts. I also never found the map to level 7, but I found 9 different entrances. Is there more?

https://i.imgur.com/FbYdxyH.png

Edited by kimeramon, 25 February 2021 - 10:25 PM.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#30 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 February 2021 - 01:16 AM

This one was recently discovered and reported to Mani and SHOULD be fixed pretty quickly, hopefully. Basically every cave or dungeon needs to have a script tell it to send you to the old overworld (Z1) or the new one. That cave probably didn't have the script, so it dumped you into the old OW. On the plus side, you should still be able to finish the game.

• Mani Kanina likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users