Photo

A Gleeok, but with a 3x2 body.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Great Glass

Great Glass

• Members

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:44 PM

I was trying to to script myself a Gleeok with a 3x2 body, but I don't think I'll be able to do it because I have very little scripting experience.

There are only 2 things I want, other than the 3x2 body:

1. Exploding necks, a-la LTTP's Moldorm.

2. The Gleeok should spawn aligned to the default system coordinates for in-engine Gleeoks.

If you need the tiles, contact me via Discord DM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:05 AM

By 3x2 body do you mean with the hitbox included in that or just the tiles like how the existing ones work?

#3 Great Glass

Great Glass

• Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

Just the tiles like how the existing ones work.

Edit: If you're taking about a hitbox like something that can hurt Link, but not the other way around, then do that.

Edited by Great Glass, 16 November 2019 - 12:19 PM.

#4 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

average everyday normal guy

• Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

A hitbox is basicly the physical radius of where you can interact with the object. If you want the hitbox to be the same size as the sprite it will make it easier for players to understand where they can and cant hit. Like say you swipe your sword and clip the edge but the hitbox is smaller than the creature so it misses, people might not like that. Its generally a good idea to have your hitbox the same size. In my experience anyways.

Edited by ChrisHunter64, 16 November 2019 - 03:48 PM.

#5 Great Glass

Great Glass

• Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

Oh yeah, If there's a hitbox, it's gonna be shaved by 4 pixels on its left and right sides.

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Please remember to start specifying versions in these requests.

#7 Great Glass

Great Glass

• Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:30 PM

Oh, yeah, this is 2.5.3.

#8 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:54 AM

Oh, yeah, this is 2.5.3.

Definitely important, because that's where I get off any chance of helping. (2.55 is so much better for scripting, by far)

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

Oh, yeah, this is 2.5.3.

Definitely important, because that's where I get off any chance of helping. (2.55 is so much better for scripting, by far)

I abandoned my own scripted Gleeok ages ago. I could probably put together a 2.53.x script that completely imitates a base Gleeok, and let people edit it from there, but it would be a pure ffc script working with npcs. Converting it to ghost.zh is its own issue.

• Bagu likes this

#10 Great Glass

Great Glass

• Members

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:20 PM

That sounds like a good start to the script itself.

Oh, and another thing: the heads should have firing animations. That shouldn't be too hard to do.

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:22 PM

Oh, and another thing: the heads should have firing animations. That shouldn't be too hard to do.

Oh little do you know.  :(

Zelda 1 enemies don't like being messed with at all. ZScript can't see any of their internal workings such as their various movement clocks and states, or anything. It can't modify the enemy's behavior at all either, except for some universal enemy properties like the X and Y position of the central body. So while drawing a bigger body over the enemy isn't too hard the rest of these requests become increasingly silly with each addition. In the case of firing it may be impossible to predict when a head will fire, awkward to determine when a head has just fired otherwise, and I'm not certain about changing its tiles. Some enemies allow it, others do not.

#12 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

Don't expect a miracle. To me, this is a thought experiment, and with regard to practical results, a mental challenge.##

Look at an engine Gleeok.

Oh little do you know.  :(

Zelda 1 enemies don't like being messed with at all. ZScript can't see any of their internal workings such as their various movement clocks and states, or anything. It can't modify the enemy's behavior at all either, except for some universal enemy properties like the X and Y position of the central body. So while drawing a bigger body over the enemy isn't too hard the rest of these requests become increasingly silly with each addition. In the case of firing it may be impossible to predict when a head will fire, awkward to determine when a head has just fired otherwise, and I'm not certain about changing its tiles. Some enemies allow it, others do not.

It is completely impossible. The firing clock is Rand()%50+50 frames.

#13 Great Glass

Great Glass

• Members

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

Alright, I should clarify/scale back on several things:

-The script can be an Autoghost script.

-The heads should be separate (and maybe scripted) npcs. They should be defined by Attribute 1 in the enemy editor if the script uses Autoghost. I can handle making the heads myself. If this can't be a thing, I'll settle for something like in-engine Gleeok heads, with no firing animations.

-Two Heads only.

-No more exploding necks.

-Using draw tile/combo functions for drawing the necks (assuming they can work for the necks' movement) is acceptable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users