Photo

Screenshot of the Week 53

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:25 PM

For the love of god. I would like to say something. he grassy stuff that ya'll think is floating. It isn't floating, it's just on the sides to add a little more detail. It isn't really a canopy. I just named it that for no reason. I couldn't think of anything, sorry. So, I wish everyone would quite talking about the screen shot. Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

#47 Matt

Matt

Come on!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Apr 8 2004, 08:50 PM)
And why do so many have a problem if someone wants to see originality here? Can't people have opinions? Should everyone be happy with Zelda shots and always vote Prince's shots when he submits one just because he's the best tile creator?

Absolutely correct.

The point I was trying to make in my post, is that SwordOfSeals is entitled to his opinion, and there's no reason that "I'm getting a little tired of Zelda shots" should not be an acceptable reason for not voting for a shot. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and they are entitled to the one vote that they are allowed. People vote on what they like, and if SwordOfSeals is getting tired of Zelda shots, then it's his right to vote accordingly, and there's no reason for people to get defensive over it and assume he's attacking them, or their shot specifically.

QUOTE(Teilyr @ Apr 8 2004, 08:17 PM)
We're Zelda Classic, Matt.  Zelda screen shots are pretty much implied.  However, from time to time, someome will create a quest that's not Zelda related in the slightest.

But, that is rare.  So, for all you people that ***** about Zelda shots, remember the name of the program that you're using.

While that may be true, why should people be forbidden from liking other types of quests? Aren't polls all about finding out the personal opinions of others?

There was a huge debate in #PureZC over my comments in my first reply, and I still stand strong on what I said. I find it asinine that I've been accused of somehow targeting Nick out to humiliate him. I replied to his post because I disagreed with his implications and assumptions. It's as simple as that. Feel free to reply.

#48 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:48 PM

Yes, your very correct. I don't get offensive over Screen Shots. I just tell my opinion and the truth.

#49 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:22 AM

I personally love to play Zelda type quests, I just hate making Zelda type quests icon_sweat.gif I appreciate the simplicity of the tile layout allowing to make awesome screens, but I prefer the finer and impressive detail of a non Zelda screen.

#50 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(Lotus Eater @ Apr 9 2004, 09:22 AM)
I prefer the finer and impressive detail of a non Zelda screen.

Detail can be applied to a Zelda screen. It all depends on the quest maker.

#51 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:35 AM

Back on topic, please. Keep the conversation to this weeks selections.

#52 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 April 2004 - 02:15 PM

Detail can be applied to a Zelda screen. It all depends on the quest maker.

And that's something Teilyr can do very well. CoD has to be the greatest quest I've EVER played.

BTW people, if you want a non-Zelda shot, you'll see one this coming week. But I agree with Praethus and think we should stop this little fight and get back on topic.

It's pretty close between Nick and Masterlink. I don't see anybody else voting, so I think Nick may win.

#53 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 11 April 2004 - 11:35 AM

Nick wins. SOTW 54 will start tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users