Photo

Screenshot of the Week 143

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 143 (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Here are this weeks choices

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:05 AM

Thank you Animus, assuming there was no sarcasm there (cause if there was *shakes fist*) icon_razz.gif

Up by three champ, I'm rooting for ya! (even though I voted for the other guy... or gal, technically...icon_heh.gif)

#47 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:00 PM

Can't wait to see NoeL beating the crap out of the competition in the next SOTW!!

Oh yes I voted Animus shot. Not good, but the best of the ones submited.

Edited by Johan, 03 November 2006 - 12:01 PM.

#48 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

Animus01 - Concept is cool and all but... there's a lot of blankness. Not quite sure how it could be filled in... mayhaps a few dark clouds in the sky + a few other things. I was tempted to vote for this considering how great the right side looked, but... a lot of it, as I have already said, is a little too blank.

Old-Skool - Ehh... I don't really have much to say about this one. It's just kind of... repetitive... and I can't really see that much in it. I'm aware that the tileset has limitations, but I'm afraid I can't give that one a good score.

Sharon Daniel - Fairly standard type of shot... but at least it's well detailed and looks good. There could be more improvements in the grass in terms of variation. The dirt is fine... could use a bit of tweaking, but nonetheless, good. One more thing - a little minor, but anyways - ... is that screen supposed to be in the top-left corner of the map (Wind is looking at the subscreen map)? Anyways, I voted for this one.

DragonAtma - ... problem with that screenshot is uhh... well... ya see... just about anyone could easily do that within less than five minutes. Black and white colors and typical dungeon entrance? Oh yeah... too easy.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
It's true that this week's contest was (and still is) a very interesting and close match, but what I'm hearing about who's entering next week (myself included... don't take me for a newb just because this is my first post here on PureZC), that may be an even tougher competition. Ah... who knows...

#49 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:43 PM

Hey man, welcome to the PureZC, look'n forward to seeing your shot... unless you're a screenshot god and whoop all of our arses... in which case I hate you.

And thanks for the enthusiasm Johan, but Radien and Linkus are supposedly entering as well, so I probably won't "beat the crap out of the competition", but it should shape up to be another edge-of-your-seat battle... hopefully.

Edited by NoeL, 05 November 2006 - 06:44 PM.

#50 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:01 PM

Just wondering, this has been up for 10 days, now, hasn't it? So, this is more like So10Days, instead of SotW. I think it's just as much fun voting for other people's screenshots as it is submitting your own, so I think I'll be part of the spectators for a while (until I can make a whole screenshot with my own tiles).

#51 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(NoeL)
Hey man, welcome to the PureZC, look'n forward to seeing your shot... unless you're a screenshot god and whoop all of our arses... in which case I hate you.

Are these godly enough for your hating?
Those are actually a little old... so they're not quite up-to-date, even though they're close to it.
QUOTE(Animus01)
Just wondering, this has been up for 10 days, now, hasn't it? So, this is more like So10Days, instead of SotW.

Looky here.
That said, it SHOULD be out sometime tonight... that, or another little announcement saying whoever knows what.
QUOTE(Wind)
(myself included... don't take me for a newb just because this is my first post here on PureZC)

I just realized a little something about that statement... to PureZC itself, I = Newbie.
;_;

Edited by WindStrike, 05 November 2006 - 07:13 PM.

#52 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:15 PM

Well I thought Hero Link would just end the thing after 7 days, as usual, and have some sort of 3 day break.

#53 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:49 PM

Hmm... knowing him and Hero Lady, they are probably doing something that he finds much, much more entertaining. I think the fact that he hasn't been on since noon has something to do with it.

#54 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(WindStrike @ Nov 5 2006, 06:09 PM) View Post

Are these godly enough for your hating?
Those are actually a little old... so they're not quite up-to-date, even though they're close to it.

Nah, not godly enough for me to hate icon_wink.gif Nicely designed apart from the hodgeypodge of trees and the waterfall basin with no runoff, but nothing we haven't all seen before a thousand times icon_biggrin.gif Good luck though!

I hate being from the future, It's already 12pm Monday and I have to wait for SOTW to be posted on Sunday night... geez, what a jib.

#55 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:08 PM

Smoething more like this
My shots. Well, okay, there's several edits, but they're GOOD edits.(BTW, none of these shots will be in the next SOTW)

#56 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:48 PM

Wow, the second pic looks pretty awesome... the first is so-so..

I'm hoping you go with a shot like the second one. With any luck people will be a bit over seeing ANOTHER grass and trees overworld shot and will love mine for drawing it all from scratch icon_biggrin.gif But it looks like you're delivering the competition I'm after!

*comments on your shot in the other forum*

#57 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:07 PM

So theres a time extension for SoTW eh? If I get around to it Ill enter this week... ho ho wee he... it shall be compeltely random and feature a chef. Somehwere.

Edited by EatinCake, 05 November 2006 - 10:08 PM.

#58 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:46 AM

Animus01 - 26 votes = [46.43%]
Old-Skool - 3 votes = [5.36%]
Sharon Daniel - 23 votes = [41.07%]
DragonAtma - 4 votes = [7.14%]
Total Votes: 56

Animus01
IPB Image
The Hero leaves Eolis after this battle with the Evil One only to get caught in a rebel monster ambush.

Animus is the winner for SotW 143! Congratulations! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users