Top Half of Special Rooms Are Solid?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

Is there any way to fix this? I want to have a potion shop that's out in the overworld like the Kakariko merchant from LttP, but this is screwing with it.

#2 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

Quest Rule.

Messages Disappear The Text from a Message String Disappears after it has finished by pressing the A button. This DOES remove the invisible 5 combo tall wall that prevents Link from accessing the upper half of the room, unless the room type is Feed the Goriya.

#3 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

Quest Rule.

Messages Disappear The Text from a Message String Disappears after it has finished by pressing the A button. This DOES remove the invisible 5 combo tall wall that prevents Link from accessing the upper half of the room, unless the room type is Feed the Goriya.

I have that rule checked, and its a potion shop so the string isn't even present. Still solid

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

Guy and String are required for Potion Shops. That's why the text about them appears highlighted in yellow (toggled via View > Show Screen Info).

If you haven't set a message string, then the solid "string message block" is still onscreen without a message string. The solid "string message block" will remain onscreen until you dismiss the message string, and you can't dismiss the message string until you set a message string in the first place.

Just make a simple message string such as "Welcome to my shop" or whatever, then when the message string is dismissed, the solid block will go away.

Edited by Cukeman, 22 June 2018 - 08:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users