What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#4156 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

I spent a couple of hours on making BS styled house interior walls from Spacemandan's infamous "dojo tileset" from way back. I also had a bunch of interior resources I found online a couple of months ago. Here are the results:

RGAFv7E.png

I will have to edit the furniture tiles to be a lot heavier on black outlines and maybe I will have to edit some black outlines into the walls too. But I have to say that I am pretty happy with the way everything turned out.

Edited by Sheik, 26 June 2017 - 05:13 PM.

• Alestance, Neppy, Moonbread and 4 others like this

#4157 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

Ltq3val.png

I worked on a new map, shown above. I'm going for a gloomy sort of tone.

• Shane, Eddy, Jenny and 4 others like this

#4158 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

I pooped out some character sprites. I also posted them in the original graphics thread, but I thought I'd share it here since it was inspired by ZC, and will hopefully see completion as a full sheet for a project of mine. She will stay 16x16, which makes it even harder for a complete character spriting novice to do. I'm actually fairly happy with it, but I'm wondering if I'd really be able to produce a full sheet considering this one unusable pose took like.. 45 minutes? I'd actually use this pose (with her hand on her hip, looking to the side slightly) as the file select icon.

cdP3hwr.png

Those aren't animations, they are just different versions, or phases rather, of drawing the character. Sorry for posting this in two places, but I want feedback. I'm also intentionally going for an outlineless, quasi-8-bit style.

EDIT: Here's a slightly cleaner version of the first 'pose', which I'll probably be using. The bandanna is less of a cluster of pixels, and I tried to make some facial expressions. Emotions include: "Normal", "Shitting my pants", "Pensive", and "Doubtful". I guess, anyway.

MfDCKVK.png

EDIT 2: Ignore that stray gray pixel near her left eye in pose 2. That's supposed to be the background color.

• Shane, Eddy, Jared and 5 others like this

#4159 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:25 PM

I made a Jabu Jabu's Belly dungeon walls set for the BS tileset.

• Anthus, Eddy and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#4160 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

I borked Z3 Animation. Also made a nine-frame downward walk cycle for the character I posted yesterday. The sprites have also been cleaned up, but could still use some work. This is my first from-scratch character (no sketch, no model, no base sprites), let alone character animation :P

Whoops

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#4161 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

I finished the forest area in my quest.

Epp6ztP.png

Can't find the translucent leaf shadows that make it look like tall trees are casting a shadow on the area to rip.  :(

• Anthus, Eddy, Sheik and 4 others like this

#4162 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

I completed the initial implementation of the new ZScript classes, NPCData, ComboData, and SpriteData. These allow reading from, and writing tot he enemy table, combo table, and sprite table, respectively. The ComboData functions are particularly interesting, as they may allow making hybrid combos, that have multiple types of 'flag' properties, and trigger properties, at one time.

This is untested, and unproven. All of this requires quite a lot of testing, and in fact, I could use some guinea pigs. but those seem in short supply.

This is for Zelda Clasic 2.55/2.60, main, legitimate, canonical; if any of you are curious. It is not simply some side-project that will never see the light of day. :P

• Alucard648 likes this

#4163 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

Finished my pickup and throwing code. Still on the fence if I want it to allow you to throw bombs. Maybe if I can think of some good puzzles that could be used.

Started prepping a map for Goron City, Zora's Domain and the Hylian Village. I'm. It very good with names so I might need ideas for the Hylian Village.
  • Jared likes this

#4164 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

Wrote dozens of strings, made a subscreen (still WIP though) and finished some playable character sprites. :)

• Eddy likes this

#4165 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

Lost woods tiles and palette.

• Eddy likes this

#4166 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

Bosses, bosses, and more bosses! That was a pain.

• Lüt likes this

#4167 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

O3bN6VC.gif

Animated my right facing Link.(looks a little better in game)

#4168 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

Finally fully finished my eight frame down walking cycle. If I spend any more time on this animation, I won't get anything else done, so I gotta draw the line (or pixel?) somewhere. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it though. I learned a few things while doing this, and accidentally had fun making it. The other directions are still being worked on, and aren't really worth showing off yet. I'm not sure what this character's outfit would look like if drawn, since I literally made it with the sole intent of just having it be clearly visible without much thought to the actual costume design.

Are those blue dots shoulder pads, or earrings? I dunno! :D

EDIT: I'm not sure how good the up walking sprites will look, since you're going to be staring at a bunch of bouncy blue hair, with legs under it.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#4169 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

I spent a couple of hours on making BS styled house interior walls from Spacemandan's infamous "dojo tileset" from way back. I also had a bunch of interior resources I found online a couple of months ago. Here are the results:

RGAFv7E.png

I will have to edit the furniture tiles to be a lot heavier on black outlines and maybe I will have to edit some black outlines into the walls too. But I have to say that I am pretty happy with the way everything turned out.

Update:

Ui4f3PN.png

• Avaro, Jared, Naru and 1 other like this

#4170 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Everything up to the end of Level 6 has been tested and bug free. This has become an onerous task.

• Lüt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users