• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

Here is Zelda Classic 2.53.0 Beta 24 for Windows

Here is ZC 2.53, Beta 24, which fixes the following, over the last major beta build:

• Fixed erratic crashes when ZC or ZQuest was left running in the background.

• Re-fixed Dodongos, and patched 1st.qst through 5th.qst to use the correct death sounds in all five default quests.

zq_dark_theme.png

• Added new GUI themes to ZC and ZQuest including a new Dark Theme.
    • The theme configs (gui_colorset in zc.cfg and zquest.cfg) are 2019 (for the Dark Theme) and 201018 for the Autumn Expo Theme, respectively.
  • Fixed input getting stuck. This primarily affected directional input, but it was known to occur with any button.
  • Additional backward-compaibility patches with 2.10 quests.
    • Dodongs now make the correct sound on death.
  • Generating a .key file in ZQuest now also generates two additional files:
  • A zcheatfile, which allows a player to use the cheats menu at level 4, but does not allow opening the quest file in ZQuest.
  • A zpwd file, which allows editing the quest file in ZQuest, but does not enable cheats in the ZC player.
  • Fixed bugs when using F5 (save map image).

• Added settings to Set/GetLayerCombo*() in std.zh, to enable more uniform use on layer 0.
  • Fixed improper whistle warp points, whistle warp order, and Triforce ordering in 2nd.qst; it now matches the true NES game.
  • Fixed the lens stealing sound effects and other properties of other items when mashing buttons.
  • Fixed sword beam and prism combo interaction.
  • Fixed Magic Book with MP cost, and Melee Weapons with MP costs not properly following it, and added QRs for these behaviours.
  • Changed the behaviour of cheat menu hotkeys: They now require Shift+Control modifier keys to be pressed.
  • Fixed hard crash when trying to load an ASM script with an invalid filename that has been around since 2.11!
  • Fixed cheat menu 'Max Bombs' capping at 99.
  • It is now possible to set a manual screen Catchall, on None room types.
  • Fixes DMap Intro String playing in Ganon rooms, and adds a QR for the old behaviour.
  • Init Data values can now go up to 255 for bombs, max bombs, arrows, max arrows, super bombs, keys, and max keys.
  • Fixes the lens costing rupees when Link has the infinite wallet.
  • Fixes vires being frozen if they do not split on hit.
  • Fixed a number of other miscellaneous visual and mechanical issues with items, and enemies.

Older fixes:

• Fixed quests made in 2.50.2 and earlier, using DrawCharacter() or DrawInteger() scale from improperly scaling.
  • Adds QR for Ganon Intro String issue.
    • The Ganon QR prevents showing a dmap intro string during a Ganon fight if the DMap rule 'Always Show Intro String' is enabled.
  • Adds Extra Rule so that quests made prior to 2.53.0 that have a magic cost on sword beams (only) do not apply it to sword blades. This is slated to become an item flag in 2.54.
  • Updated ZCL to 2.6.9.
  • Swords now obey magic costs.
  • Revised Quest Header dialogue and added tooltips to it.
  • Fixed 'About' version details
  • Corrected the tooltip for Slash->Item combos.
  • Improved efficiency of string.zh functions, and updated the docs.
  • Fixed Link->Misc[] not being divided or multiplied (internally) by 10000.
  • Fixed Item Editor InitD values being clamped to -32786/32768.
  • VBound ZQuest combo editor fields: Cset to -15/+15, Aframes (0,255), ASpeed (0,255) to prevent rollover.
  • Optimised some functions in std.zh that returned boolean values and were comparing against != 0.
  • Fixed game ending sequence clipping from carrying over to another quest if ZC is reset during the ending.
  • Diagonally scrolling left and down from a specific pixel no longer crashes ZC.
  • Opening the console now presents the user with a warning that has a yes/no dialogue.
  • Optimised some std.zh functions.
  • Fixed a bug where F9 resetting during the ending sequence would preserve the clipping rectangle through to new quests.
  • Fixes issues with 1.84 quest compatibility.
  • Reworded Controller Directions dialogue.
  • Fixes issues with some 2.50.x quests that use Game->Get/SetCombo* functions (e.g. Panoply of Calatia).
  • Fixes DrawInteger not properly displaying values when set not to display a decimal point.
  • Fixes Size of Game->Lkeys[] and Game->LItems[].
  • Fixes rollover in the combo editor fields.
  • Split ag.cfg into three files: ag.cfg (RomView, ZCL), zc.cfg (Zelda Classic), and zquest.cfg (ZQuest), to prevent a file access clash that caused overwriting of settings.
  • Update for ZCL to use the new config files; and also to use zelda.exe, zquest.exe, and romview.exe, instead of files with a -w extension. This is likewise identical in Linux, dropping the -l extension for binaries. ZCL is now v2.6.4.

See the Changelog below for more information. As before, the Build ID for this release is '31', to distinguish between 2.50.3RC1 (Build ID '30') and earlier ZC releases.

This thread replaces the previous Beta thread for 2.53.0.

We would appreciate bug reports on any of the following:

• Playing quests made in 1.92, 2.10, 2.50.x and reporting any compatibility bugs.
  • Verification that scripts made in 2.50.0, 2.50.1, 2.50.2, and 2.50.3RC1 still work.
  • Testing that scripts compiled in 2.53.0 work properly in 2.53.0.
  • Tests that scripted quests compiled and saved in 2.53.0 work properly on 2.50.2 (and/or 2.50.3RC1).
  • Bug reports on any changes, or new features.
  • Bug reports on joystick configuration.

Please note: The std.zh files in this package may not represent what will be included in the final release. It is likely that the std.zh changes will be pushed forward to 2.55 or later, and not included; but they will be available as a separate download. The latest versions of all common ZScript headers will be included in the final release.

This release is built on the Allegro library, version 4.4.3, with some special fixes applies, and it includes new Allegro library files.

Zelda Classic and ZQuest v.2.53.0 API Specification (PDF, Rev. 1.2)

ZLaunch Repository on GitHub

Zelda Classic Changelog for v.2.53.0 Beta 23

ZLaunch Changes v2.6.9

Thank you for testing, and for your feedback!

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 19 October 2018 - 08:21 PM.

• EnnonFenom and Jared like this

#2 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

I specifically tried this build to see whether this was fixed, so this is an old one:

I have Link set to use Z3 animation. In the editor (Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Link), his treading water, swimming, and diving animations have four frames, but in game they seem to have only two. This bug also seems to affect slashing and stabbing animations, and perhaps pounding, but I haven't looked into the last.

edit: In ZLaunch, the option to de-select "Show Misaligns" doesn't work.

Edited by Geoffrey, 29 October 2017 - 06:17 PM.

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:43 AM

Just a quick reminder that the next 2.50.3 bugfix/backward-compatability through 1.93/minor improvement release is based off of the latest 2.53 (I still don't know why it jumped from 50 to 53 ?? [in the ZC repo it is marked as 2.50]) beta, so if there is still anything major that needs fixing you guys should definitely report it and/or test in the latest 2.53 version. Tentative release date: Jafebnuary.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:39 AM

[...]

edit: In ZLaunch, the option to de-select "Show Misaligns" doesn't work.

Fixed. Here is ZCL, Version 2.6.7.

Thank you.

#5 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

Many open-source games end up in a state of decline over the years, but not Zelda Classic. This game is still going quite strong.

When it comes to Linux, are timidity and fluidsynth supported yet? GZDoom and Zandronum do support them, so look at those projects to figure out what to do if that still needs to be done.

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

Many open-source games end up in a state of decline over the years, but not Zelda Classic. This game is still going quite strong.

When it comes to Linux, are timidity and fluidsynth supported yet? GZDoom and Zandronum do support them, so look at those projects to figure out what to do if that still needs to be done.

I'm not sure about FluidSynth. According to Peter Wang, it is possible to use it with Allegro, but I don't have any docs on how to do it.

I know that it is possible to configure TiMidity:
https://wiki.allegro...h_ALSA_raw_MIDI

This shouldn't require any changes to ZC itself.

For the MIDI device in 2.53.0+ (Linux), the correct allegro config file is zc.cfg, (zquest.cfg for ZQuest) but the Linux build isn't yet available.

Neither of these are truly 'supportable' features, but if you have been on Linux long enough to configure Timidity, then I suspect that you can follow the guide.

With all luck, we've solved the general issues with audio on Linux. I should probably set up a Linux build of beta 12 soon, too. I think that I have the ZCL update completed for all three platforms, so that's one fewer issue on the slate.

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:35 AM

I fixed a bug that ywkls reported, that will be in Beta 12:

Apparently, the item editor InitD fields were clamped to an range of -32768 and 32768. (This was a remnant from back when InitD was a signed short.)

The new legal range is clamped between -214748.3647 and 214748.3647.

Here are some recent changes to 2.53.0 that will be in the next beta:

ChangeLog for 2.53.0 Beta 12
29th December, 2017

Applied Item Editor fix for InitD values. (They were clamped from -31768 to 327678, and
    now they are clamped between -214748.3647 and 214748.3647.
    Applied to 2.54 Alpha 22, and 2.53 Beta 12.

VBound ZQuest combo editor fields: Cset to -15/+15, Aframes (0,255), ASpeed (0,255) to prevent rollover from lack
of sanity bounding. ( ZoriaRPG 16th october, 2017 )

Optimised some functions in std.zh that returned boolean values and were comparing against != 0.
VBound ZQuest combo editor fields: Cset to -15/+15, Aframes (0,255), ASpeed (0,255) to prevent rollover from lack
of sanity bounding. ( ZoriaRPG 16th october, 2017 )

Fixed game ending sequence clipping from carrying over to another quest if ZC is reset during the ending.
Possible fix for the crash reported by Lut where scrolling through a specific pixel of the lower-left corner
of screens would crash ZC. ( ZoriaRPG, 16th October, 2017 )

Fixed a bug in std.zh where GetHighestLevelItem() would fail to return the correct values if the item IDs and levels
were not in a matched ascending order (e.g. item 16 is level 2, item 18 is level 1), and similar.
Added GetHighestLevelItemOwned() to std.zh. ( ZoriaRPG, 15th October, 2017 )

Fixed button interface commandline filenames in ZCL. Updated version to 2.6.4. ( ZoriaRPG, 15th October, 2017 )

Fixed issues with 1.84 quests.
Added possible fix for Win10 slowdown. ( Gleeok, 15th October, 2017 )

• ywkls likes this

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:33 AM

Zelda Classic v2.53.0 Beta 12 is ready. See the first post in this thread for the download link, and for details on what has changed.

#9 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

Beta 13 for Windows

Beta 13 is ready. See the first post for more information.

Fixed swords not obeying magic costs. ( ZoriaRPG, 15th January, 2018 )

Added tooltips to the 'Quest Rev' and 'Min Rev' fields in the
Quest Header dialogue.

Updated ZCL, fixing a bug in the video drivers panel.

#10 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:03 AM

I updated the Beta 13 package with ZCL 2.6.9. This fixes a bug where the 'Tile Protection' box was duplicated. There are no changes to ZC, ZQuest, or any of the quests or other support files in the updated ZIP.

ZCL 2.6.9 is also available as a standalone download. Note that ZCL 2.6.x is for Zelda Classic 2.53 and above, and wil not work with 2.50.2.

Beta 14 is forthcoming.

#11 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:43 AM

2.53 Beta 14 is ready:

Adds QR for Ganon Intro String issue.
Adds Extra Rule so that quests made prior to 2.53.0 that have a magic cost on sword beams (only) do not apply it to sword blades. This is slated to become an item flag in 2.54.

The Ganon QR prevents showing a dmap intro string during a Ganon fight if the DMap rule 'Always Show Intro String' is enabled.

ZC 2.53.0 Beta 14 for Windows

Updated OP on 1st April, 2018, at 09:59 GMT.

#12 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

• Fixes issues with some 2.50.x quests that use Game->Get/SetCombo* functions (e.g. Panoply of Calatia).

• Fixes rollover in the combo editor fields.

Fixed an issue where the subscreen did not always update, by checking item validity when changing dmaps. ( DarkDragon, 10th August, 2017 )

Reverted the quest rule for COMBOSDM. We'll come back to this, later. ( DarkDragon )
Added compatibility rule for old quests that rely on screen item pick-up disabling hunger, for old quests. ( DarkDragon, 21st July, 2017 )

Thank you for testing, and for your feedback!

Does any of those fix the issue, I found in the betas 13, 14 and Alpha 23? I still cant delete any combos. And now I found a very detrimental bug in the Alpha 23. Navigating the overworld editor with arrow keys causes crash in zquest. leaving the screen I am on in game causes crash

seen here:  https://youtu.be/KPj8qW0bu2M

Plus some subscreen issues, like mini map showded me in a different location and showed my magic meter full. But this morning it showing the right location on mini map but chopped magic meter. Which wont let me pick which on to use or do any setting myself.

#13 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Does any of those fix the issue, I found in the betas 13, 14 and Alpha 23? I still cant delete any combos. And now I found a very detrimental bug in the Alpha 23. Navigating the overworld editor with arrow keys causes crash in zquest. leaving the screen I am on in game causes crash

seen here:  https://youtu.be/KPj8qW0bu2M

Plus some subscreen issues, like mini map showded me in a different location and showed my magic meter full. But this morning it showing the right location on mini map but chopped magic meter. Which wont let me pick which on to use or do any setting myself.

I'm still unsure precisely what you did, that caused the combo table to behave improperly.

As to this crash, please send the quest file to me so that I can run a debug build with it.

#14 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

I'm still unsure precisely what you did, that caused the combo table to behave improperly.

As to this crash, please send the quest file to me so that I can run a debug build with it.

combo table:

Open a new qst, Then open the combo page. With mouse click the first tile, then press and hold shift then click the last tile and then press delete on keyboard, repeat for entire combo list.

I will pm you the qst in a minute

#15 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:02 AM

combo table:
Open a new qst, Then open the combo page. With mouse click the first tile, then press and hold shift then click the last tile and then press delete on keyboard, repeat for entire combo list.

I will pm you the qst in a minute

I tried doing what you described in 2.53.0 (Beta 15) and 2.54 (Alpha 28), and I am unable to duplicate this issue, at all. I think that you had a saving error, or something random occurred.

I was able to fix your quest in 2.54: Somehow, FFC-2 was corrupted on map 1, screen 0x01. FFC-02 was linked to itself and had a bunch of nonsensical data.

It appears that you used 2.54 to create it? I am not sure what ZC version/build you used.

Did you make this in 2.53, 2.54 (official), or the 2.future build that is defunct?

The header version is greater than 0x250, so, it does not open in 2.53.0.

It is in your PM box.

P.S. I'm not sure what issues you have (e.g., bugs) with the subscreen gauges. Please detail that, if possible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Release, Zelda Classic, 2.53

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users