randomizer omega

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

I have been waiting for this game for awhile, and I appreciate that it's finally out. Kudos to HeroOfFire for pulling this off.

I did play about an hour to make sure I understood the new differences (and test out my new controller). There was something I noticed that feels...well, different. I think previous Randomizer quests included not only the dungeon name, but also what set they were in. I did not see set names on the dungeons I saw. With 16 possible dungeon sets throughout the game, it is hard to recall which dungeons paired with what.

For the purpose of the main dungeons (levels 1 - 9), are we allowed to know which dungeon names belong to which sets? I don't necessarily need to know the names of the sets: just how they group.

#2 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

I have been waiting for this game for awhile, and I appreciate that it's finally out. Kudos to HeroOfFire for pulling this off.

I did play about an hour to make sure I understood the new differences (and test out my new controller). There was something I noticed that feels...well, different. I think previous Randomizer quests included not only the dungeon name, but also what set they were in. I did not see set names on the dungeons I saw. With 16 possible dungeon sets throughout the game, it is hard to recall which dungeons paired with what.

For the purpose of the main dungeons (levels 1 - 9), are we allowed to know which dungeon names belong to which sets? I don't necessarily need to know the names of the sets: just how they group.

Maybe it has Something todo With the Randomizer Itself The Dungeon are Always Totaly Random I Think maybe Thats The Reason The Set Name is Not Included :D

#3 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

So no more guaranteed sets with dungeons? Ooh...that makes things interesting. I admit I kind of like that.

...is there a list of the previously known sets from older series titles at least?

#4 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:39 AM

So no more guaranteed sets with dungeons? Ooh...that makes things interesting. I admit I kind of like that.

...is there a list of the previously known sets from older series titles at least?

As far as I Know no But The Randomizer has one Specific Dungeon Set Named Lost Levels This Levels all Have a Unique Gimmick :D and as for Dungeon Sets I Think There are Defintivly More than In Alpha Dungeon Sets I Think there are In are

1st 2nd 3rd Lost - + Outlands Outlands Second New Some Speculations 4th 5th New Second And Then Is there Special Boss Rush which Remains me a bit of Other Quests Like Mirage Island and Pokemon Warrior :D

#5 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

Fair point. Alright, time for a new question.

q6rM3dC.png

Basically...is there supposed to be something here? No seed, but I did generate a max size game. This is on version 2.53 Build 33.

Edited by Wolfman2000, 04 August 2019 - 04:16 PM.

#6 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 04 August 2019 - 07:17 PM

Fair point. Alright, time for a new question.

q6rM3dC.png

Basically...is there supposed to be something here? No seed, but I did generate a max size game. This is on version 2.53 Build 33.

Ok Thats a Good Question It is a Bit Since my Last Playtrough and that was The Beta Before The Full Version My Question And Idea Maybe it Opens the Door to the South :D

#7 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

We can ignore my current question. The picture in question was a passageway destination, but is intentionally not for taking. I just found the part I was missing. In a few ways, I get why the room uses the pushable block configuration, but I wonder if it should be communicated better via the non-pushable one.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#8 xenomicx

xenomicx

Zelda Arcade

• Members

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM

So how do I open the secrets in the entrances of the Level 9's? I've got all 3 triforces and 8 fairies, and have completed all the levels except the 1 of the final Light World Level 9's (Ying Yang). Still haven't figured out how to open those stairs in the entrances of level 9's.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:19 AM

We can ignore my current question. The picture in question was a passageway destination, but is intentionally not for taking. I just found the part I was missing. In a few ways, I get why the room uses the pushable block configuration, but I wonder if it should be communicated better via the non-pushable one.

I like to put those gray "warp destination" tiles (From ALTTP) somewhere in the room to let people know the player will be arriving on that screen via a warp. Finding a room that seems mysterious and trying various things on it only to be met with disappointment isn't always the most fun thing.

#10 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:07 PM

While my randos have pretty much always had that one "oops, copied a push block flag where it wasn't supposed to be one", that isn't the case here. What is happening is a more subtle mechanic.

Shutters opened by Push Blocks STAY open. Obviously the push block is still there, but no longer does anything. Kinda surprised no one has noticed that yet (and have had THAT screen brought into question a few different times).

As for the hidden stairs in Level 9s... those have a purpose, but it's 99% convenience. When you find out what opens them (or more specifically, where), their existence will make more sense.

#11 xenomicx

xenomicx

Zelda Arcade

• Members

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:36 PM

While my randos have pretty much always had that one "oops, copied a push block flag where it wasn't supposed to be one", that isn't the case here. What is happening is a more subtle mechanic.

Shutters opened by Push Blocks STAY open. Obviously the push block is still there, but no longer does anything. Kinda surprised no one has noticed that yet (and have had THAT screen brought into question a few different times).

As for the hidden stairs in Level 9s... those have a purpose, but it's 99% convenience. When you find out what opens them (or more specifically, where), their existence will make more sense.

Well I've completed 145 dungeons including Ganon's tower. Still nothing opens them. I had a Guy tell me something about using powder on statues, but I don't have powder anymore. I know I found it, but its not in my inventory. I don't know if it was upgraded to something else earlier in the game or what....but nothing in my inventory opens them.

TXzwYSt.png
2AC9FpK.png

gtxaYbu.png

gincwQt.png

Somehow I got one to open, but I don't remember how. It was literally the last Level 9 I completed...before I went to Ganon's Tower.

Edited by xenomicx, 06 December 2019 - 11:05 PM.

#12 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 06 July 2020 - 03:42 PM

Old thread but I'm legit stuck. I'm in a dungeon called "Level 3 Meat" and I seriously can't figure out where the hell to go. I'm missing the Boss Key and one hidden item, but I've been in every room except the final rooms and four other ones that I can't get to. I've been over every other screen of the dungeon at least three times, and killed every enemy and pushed every block. One thing I noticed about this dungeon is that the doors don't seem to be set up properly; sometimes walls will just open up like shutters. Anybody have any ideas?

#13 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:58 AM

So there is a subtle visual clue in the first room. This isn't random, once you know this clue you can look out for it in other dungeons. An old man hint does point this out, but I think that hint appears in higher levels, and Meat is the earliest level with this secret.

#14 Ant0824

Ant0824

• Members

Posted 16 March 2022 - 03:01 AM

If anyone can Find a Hidden Overworld other Than Distant or Lost, Let me Know

#15 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 December 2023 - 03:45 PM

Maaaaan, Randomizer Omega is still the best thing since sliced tea.  Such a fun experience. <3  Thank you so much for it.  Absolutely.

EDIT:  I have answered the two questions that were here for myself, and they were fairly obvious once I saw what was happening.  Thanks though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: randomizer, omega

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users