Lost Identity Update Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

Lost Identity is the first quest that I released about a year ago.  It was mostly filled with inside jokes and was mainly just a way for me to be familiar with ZQuest.  Being my first quest, it had a ton of bugs and issues.  Recently looking back at it, I decided to update it by fixing all the bugs and replacing all of the truly bad choices that were made.  This is not Lost Identity DX, this is merely a major update for the original in order to give it the potential I once saw in it.  The DX version is still in the works, but I felt that since that the DX game is going to be very different from this game, I decided to give this one a huge final update.

This will act as a new help thread for the updated version.  You can download the quest and see the list of changes that were made here: http://www.purezc.ne...=quests&id=467.  I hope you enjoy!

• jimbrads likes this

#2 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

I'm stuck in the Music Factory.  I'm in the first room on the left. I'm at the last set of blocks but I can't get the boomerang to hit the orb. It's now become more frustrating than annoying. I have lost 2 lives because of this room. What's the trick to getting past this room?  I went to the room on the right but without a key I can't get anywhere in that room.

Thanks in advance

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 28 July 2015 - 08:10 PM.

#3 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:25 PM

@ms_zelda_lady: I would try utilizing the ladder in some places. At one point you'll have to hit the switch while the pegs in front of you are down and run before the pegs rise, which will get you to the other side. I hope this helps.

#4 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:35 PM

Oh boy that's what I can't get. :tard:

#5 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

Oh boy that's what I can't get. :tard:

Hi ms_zelda_lady,,, I remember this quest from long ago, even if updated is same,, when you got trap at any room, just start walking around til you get out (some invisibles pass on the floor take you out)

#6 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

n/m!  Figure it out.

Edited by congo23, 15 August 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#7 Aussie Riolu

Aussie Riolu

• Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:37 AM

I've beaten the game and I'm going through Level 5 now. Where is the Level 3 Sword? I kinda need that.

EDIT: Beat the boss of Level 5. So you get the Light Rod which is basically the Cane of Byrna. OK. So no permanent Level 3 sword I guess. That was a fun quest. :)

Edited by Aussie Riolu, 06 February 2016 - 08:39 AM.

• Joaish (RedTribeLink) likes this

#8 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

As far as I know, you are the first person to 100% complete the updated version of this game!  With the Level 3 sword, I felt it was just a little bit too overpowered for where I was originally going for this game.

Thanks for playing!  I'm glad you enjoyed it!  :)

#9 blabla

blabla

Initiate

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:37 AM

Hi,

I'm totally stuck in level 3 :(

found map and compas and have been in all (except one) roomes in the top-left part of the map. But that's it; didn't find any keys so far. This seems to be the main problem as I cannot get to the big chest which I guess holds the wand...

Also I cannot kill those orange magic spitting thingies - do I need the wand for those?

Any hints are highly appreciated :)

#10 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Junior

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

@blabla From the first screen that you see pipes in the dungeon (With the two wizzrobes) go down, left, up, down, up, up and it should lead you to the key you need to get to the big chest that holds the wand.  Those red and orange creatures are only killed by the wand.

I will be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the whole random maze thing myself (It was inspired by the warp mazes in Super Mario Bros 3 and thought it was a great idea at the time), but I guess that's just live and learn.

#11 blabla

blabla

Initiate

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the help :)

Now I can continue with this nice quest, although in some parts I find the fights a bit tough

Edited by blabla, 12 April 2016 - 01:17 PM.

#12 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:04 AM

Recently I enjoyed this wonderful quest, and beat Ganon, ... but I need some help.

Could anyone give me helps or clues?

1) I coudn't find the third secret shop even though I got a clue "go to camp." How do you get there?  

2) In Level 5, I couldn't go beyond the entrance, because of the shutterd brown (gold?) lock.

How do you unlock that?

Thanks in advance!

#13 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:31 PM

Hey RedHouse!

1) Uhh that may be an old text string I never edited when doing the update back in 2015.  Oops. :doh: There isn't a secret shop in the university area.  Only the two from the forest and snow area.

2) You'll need to get three special keys to do everything in that dungeon, including getting in.  You got one from beating the game.  The other two you get from:

Spoiler

Hope this helps!  :)

#14 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

Hi RedTribeLink,

Thank you for your reply! I really enjoyed your quest.
It is not a very big quest, but always exciting. Thank you also for this good quest. 

Please never mind the 3rd shop things, this quest is enough entertaining without any more shop.

I've already got 2 of 3 special keys, and now I can try to get the last one thanks to your help!

#15 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 February 2023 - 03:40 PM

Enjoying this quest but perplexed how to retrieve the key located in the closed off area, upper right corner of the 2nd floor of the Music Tower? Thought maybe you needed to go up another floor and drop down but doesn't seem to work. Comment #31 from the other thread says this should work but I get the ladder crossing over the opening and I do not fall through. I'm using ZC2.50.2  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Edited by jccarratl, 16 February 2023 - 03:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users