Hitodama Help and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#31 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

I just uploaded the third part of my walkthrough through this quest. By the way, in Air Luigi's screenshot I see that he has L2 spells. How do I get them? xD

Here's the link to the playlist of my walkthrough:

https://www.youtube....jGGQ5gaG__-G8mM

• Aevin likes this

#32 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

L2 spells? What L2 spells?! ;) I guess we should have been putting some of that stuff in spoilers. You'll get those naturally when the time is right, so don't worry about missing them.

Nice video! Here's a tiny hint: those bosses can be hit with certain magics at a stage in the fight to make them vulnerable ...

• Avaro likes this

#33 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

Success.

One of my five favorite quests, but still four stars for me. I haven't finished it yet, so I'll review it when I'm done.

• Avaro and Aevin like this

#34 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Here's a tiny hint: those bosses can be hit with certain magics at a stage in the fight to make them vulnerable ...

I'm not sure, but I think I couldn't find this one out. I tried all my spells now, but none of them seem to do anything when they are in their unvulnerable state.

Anyways, since I just played more of this, you can expect the fourth part soon. :D (it's uploading and should be in the playlist after it's done: https://www.youtube....jGGQ5gaG__-G8mM)

Edited by Avataro, 01 September 2014 - 02:23 PM.

• Aevin likes this

#35 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

Success.

One of my five favorite quests, but still four stars for me. I haven't finished it yet, so I'll review it when I'm done.

It's much more important to me that people enjoy it than that I get perfect ratings. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. :)

I'm not sure, but I think I couldn't find this one out. I tried all my spells now, but none of them seem to do anything when they are in their unvulnerable state.

Watching the video, it appears you never tried water magic. Both water and dark will hit them when they are in flame form, (although dark won't when they're in human form). During the second phase, if you hit them with either in flame form, they'll revert to their human form soon afterwards.

#36 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

There's so much stuff I can say about your work that it'll be impossible for me to put it all in one review. Impossible because of my lazyness, of course.

Still, I'll try to write a helpful one.

#37 Sobreviviente

Sobreviviente

i like kirby

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

Sobreviviente: Hmm ...  I'll give it some thought. They'd have to be one-way from the end of the areas, since because of how coins are hidden the screen secrets couldn't be used for that purpose.

So, so, are you going to add them or not? :x

zelda005-4.pngzelda004-5.png

I beat it, the game is pretty good, but mainly feels like it was stretched just to fill another 2 hours and thats not nice man xD i gave you a 5 anyways.

I played heros dream before and never actually thought you were good at this, sorry :B now im going to have an eye on your projects.

Edited by Sobreviviente, 01 September 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#38 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Heh ... Your opinions read like a rollercoaster. ;)  I think I'll probably end up adding some shortcuts, as you're not the only one who's mentioned it. Thanks for your suggestions, and I'm glad you seemed to enjoy it overall.

• Sobreviviente likes this

#39 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

I made more progress and collected more items, abilites and powerups! I like the magic regen alot (rain? Why do you use the german word?). It let's me take more advantage of my spells.

I didn't really like Acheron. The gimmick of the quest was pretty much overused in there. xD That's what I think. My walkthrough got 2 new parts since last time I posted here. https://www.youtube....jGGQ5gaG__-G8mM

#40 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Yeah ... nobody likes Acheron. That place has been the biggest challenge for me to balance of anywhere else in the quest. First, I went to one extreme, and it was extremely frustrating and unfair. Then, I went to the other and it was so simple it wasn't even fun. I was hoping this would be somewhere in the middle, with the black blocks outlining basic paths to follow, but you still have to find your way onto those paths ... but I can still see it needs some work. I think one of the biggest problems is that if someone finds their way out and then dies, they continue back inside, and instead of remembering the way out and going "I can get there really quick, now!" they forget and think, "I have to start all over!" Maybe I'll try to outline the exit path a little more clearly. Sorry it gave you such trouble.

Regen means rain in German? Interesting. I use it the same way Final Fantasy games do, as short for "regeneration."

#41 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Mmmm... I love Acheron! The maze is just 9 screens anyway, it's not big deal even if you hate it totally.I found the path intuitive, people simply it's not accustomed to something like that. Retro design philosophies deserves some light at times. Remember that is impossible to please everyone.

#42 Sobreviviente

Sobreviviente

i like kirby

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

I dont get it, people loves the secrets but hates acheron? :P

Well you could always add some portals you know ;D

#43 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

So, I've been playing a lot of Hitodama recently and I'm now in the phase where item collection and stuff is gonna happen.

Gonna try to get 100% :P

Edit: I've been wondering around Jackland for a while and I can't find the last coin (I'm at 5/6), can anyone give me an idea of where to look?

Edit 2: Same problem with Willville.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 07 September 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#44 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

Look for suspicious blocks patterns and remember that some stuff appear when you kill all the enemies in a room.

Edited by Air Luigi, 07 September 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#45 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

remember that some stuff appear when you kill all the enemies in a room.

Oh of course, I keep forgetting this >_< That's probably what I need to find these coins...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users