Help New Quest

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

You can always edit the actual sprite, in quest>graphics>tiles.

#17 PacmanGamez

PacmanGamez

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

You can always edit the actual sprite, in quest>graphics>tiles.

Ive tried that before back when I was making a game and was pretty far into it... That was just sooo frustrating though.

#18 Cjc

Cjc

Cor Blimey!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

Well, the guy you're using is Abei, and his default CSet is 8.  That's why he's displaying in red.

To fix this, go into the tile editor and do the following:

1.) Go to page 0, where Abei is located.

2.) Use +(=) and - to change CSets until he is the color you want

3.) Press the "b" key.  A prompt will ask if you wish to convert the selected tile to 8-bit graphics.  Select "yes".  If you accidentally convert the wrong tile, you may revert it to 4-bit graphics by pressing "CTRL+b" while the tile is selected.

4.) Open the tile with the Edit button

5.) Select the transparent color from the full palette (It's in the upper left corner) and change the background color to this transparent color.  You can do this all at once using the Fire Rod tool.  If you make a mistake, you may undo one brush stroke by pressing the "U" key.

#19 PacmanGamez

PacmanGamez

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

Well, the guy you're using is Abei, and his default CSet is 8.  That's why he's displaying in red.

To fix this, go into the tile editor and do the following:

1.) Go to page 0, where Abei is located.

2.) Use +(=) and - to change CSets until he is the color you want

3.) Press the "b" key.  A prompt will ask if you wish to convert the selected tile to 8-bit graphics.  Select "yes".  If you accidentally convert the wrong tile, you may revert it to 4-bit graphics by pressing "CTRL+b" while the tile is selected.

4.) Open the tile with the Edit button

5.) Select the transparent color from the full palette (It's in the upper left corner) and change the background color to this transparent color.  You can do this all at once using the Fire Rod tool.  If you make a mistake, you may undo one brush stroke by pressing the "U" key.

Dude, Thanks a bunch! That fixed it. I will come back to this forum if I run into any other problems. Thanks :D

#20 PacmanGamez

PacmanGamez

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Ok here I am, once again posting on this topic. I was wondering if its possible to make a text come up when you pick up a triforce piece or weapon like in the real zelda games. Thanks if anyone knows.

#21 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Ok here I am, once again posting on this topic. I was wondering if its possible to make a text come up when you pick up a triforce piece or weapon like in the real zelda games. Thanks if anyone knows.

The script you are looking for is this one. It will display a message when you pick up an item. Let me know if you need help setting it up. For triforce pieces, I think you'll need to change the cutscene type to 1, but I am not sure about that.

#22 PacmanGamez

PacmanGamez

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

The script you are looking for is this one. It will display a message when you pick up an item. Let me know if you need help setting it up. For triforce pieces, I think you'll need to change the cutscene type to 1, but I am not sure about that.

Oh cool.  I have never used scripts before so I may need help setting it up. Im going out of town for the next couple days. So just curious, how do i add the script to my zquest? Maybe I will look up a tutorial on that.

#23 PacmanGamez

PacmanGamez

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Ok, just curious on how to make the string show up when you pickup the item. May not reply till the 27th or 26th.

#24 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

If you compiled it, apply it to an item there should be be a slot for scripts in one of the tabs, then search through the tabs to find d0 change that to the number of the string you want to use. Hope that helps.

If you have not compiled it, save the script to a notebook file as a .z file, and put import"std.zh" at the top of it. Then go to quest>scripts>compile script (something like that) then import the script you now have.

Edited by Nightmeres, 25 August 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#25 PacmanGamez

PacmanGamez

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

If you compiled it, apply it to an item there should be be a slot for scripts in one of the tabs, then search through the tabs to find d0 change that to the number of the string you want to use. Hope that helps.

If you have not compiled it, save the script to a notebook file as a .z file, and put import"std.zh" at the top of it. Then go to quest>scripts>compile script (something like that) then import the script you now have.

There is no tab for scripts.. Any screenshots i could maybe see? Cause i compiled it and everything, and dont know where to find them. Im using the item pick up message script and enemy music currently.

Also using Signpost script.. Or atleast trying.

#26 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

It should be in item edited when you click on items then edit

#27 PacmanGamez

PacmanGamez

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:25 PM

It should be in item edited when you click on items then edit

Ok it is. What do i do once im in the scripts tab?

EDIT: Got it working, thanks. Now I just need to figure out the signpost script and the enemy music script.

EDIT2: I got it working... But the text stays on the screen.

Edited by PacmanGamez, 26 August 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#28 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Do you have the rules speed up message with b and message freeze all action unchecked, also do you move away from the sign and the text stays there?

#29 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, in the quest rules, you have to check "Messages Disappear" and "Messages freeze all action" in order to make it work right.

#30 PacmanGamez

PacmanGamez

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Yeah, in the quest rules, you have to check "Messages Disappear" and "Messages freeze all action" in order to make it work right.

Thanks, I figured that stuff out from a tutorial online. Now I just need to figure out the enemy music script..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help, New, Quest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users