Photo

Any way to open a quest without a password?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the confusing title. I just played through Rise of Ganon for no real reason other than I was bored, but I noticed I left some bugs. I'd like to go fix them, but embarrasingly, I forgot the password! icon_lol.gif

Is there anyway I could maybe hack into Zquest or something to get back into my quest and fix the bugs? Is there a program or something that can do that, or is it not possible at all?

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

If there was, passwords would be kind of pointless in the first place, wouldn't they? icon_shrug.gif

But you could send it over to one of the developers and hope they're willing to help you out. I mean, naturally they have a way around it, so it's not like you've lost access to the file for all eternity icon_razz.gif

#3 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(Robin @ May 15 2011, 11:22 PM) View Post

If there was, passwords would be kind of pointless in the first place, wouldn't they? icon_shrug.gif

But you could send it over to one of the developers and hope they're willing to help you out. I mean, naturally they have a way around it, so it's not like you've lost access to the file for all eternity icon_razz.gif

How would be able to do that? Sorry if I sound stupid, but what do I need to do that, because I don't think we have developers that have accounts on here, not that I know of anyway.

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(RockinRollFan64 @ May 16 2011, 05:25 AM) View Post

How would be able to do that? Sorry if I sound stupid, but what do I need to do that, because I don't think we have developers that have accounts on here, not that I know of anyway.
Of course we do! We actually have a usergroup called "ZC Developers", so yeah icon_razz.gif

In fact, if you take one look at the forum index, you'll see that the ZC-related forums are moderated by (as well as staff, naturally) the ZC developers. Here's a list. icon_thumbsup.gif You'll want to check which of them has been active lately though. Messaging a member who's not around anymore isn't going to get you anywhere :B

Also, as a side-note, remember searching next time you run into a problem. There's usually at least one or two topics about the more common problems, and I know for a fact that this one, as well as varieties of it has been asked many times in the past icon_wink.gif

#5 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:17 AM

There is a program in existance to look it up. No you can't have it, though. :/ I don't even have it anymore.

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ May 16 2011, 07:17 AM) View Post
There is a program in existance to look it up. No you can't have it, though. :/ I don't even have it anymore.
And I can't find it even when I go looking for it :/ (I know what it's called, but all the links have gone dead).

#7 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ May 16 2011, 10:05 AM) View Post

And I can't find it even when I go looking for it :/ (I know what it's called, but all the links have gone dead).

I found a torrent of it once... with 0 seeders icon_sweat.gif

Yeah, I think zcheat (if that's what it was called) is pretty much lost unless someone has it floating around their files.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

A search for zelda classic zcheat quickly returned results. Sending it to the devs is probably a better option, though.

Also inb4 this thread locked because of password cracking discussion

#9 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ May 16 2011, 09:37 AM) View Post

A search for zelda classic zcheat quickly returned results. Sending it to the devs is probably a better option, though.

Also inb4 this thread locked because of password cracking discussion

If you'd stop mentioning it they wouldn't have to.

Despite what Robin (and especially) NoEL claim, searching is only effective about 75-80 percent of the time. PureZC has a type of cutoff date, caused by a loss of data and a need to reconstruct the board (from an old backup or otherwise). Said cutoff date goes pretty far back though, at least four or five years. This has become a much more common topic on Armageddon Games.

Edited by Old-skool, 16 May 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ May 16 2011, 08:55 AM) View Post

If you'd stop mentioning it they wouldn't have to.

This is true. Let's do the responsible thing and stop mentioning it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users