A few questions from a newbie...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:18 AM

Ok, I guess I can try it that way. I've been reading up on the scripting tutorials, but if I have to totally learn and not be able to use another script, I'd rather do it the 2.10 way. It'll use a lot more screens, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

#47 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Usually when I create a quest I always have a set number of maps I want to use, for example 1,2, and 3 are for the overworld and 2 layers, 4, 5, and 6 are for the dungeons and 2 layers, and I leave 7 out for extra stuff such as a Title Screen, Storyline, Cutscenes, or NPCs.

#48 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:51 PM

Ok, I've figured out most of what I need, however I have one more question. Is is possible to download subscreens somewhere? I want to make mine look like the Oracle games subscreen, which I could do I guess, but it would be a lot easier to download it. I checked here and didn't see any, but I could've easily overlooked it. Any help would be great, thanks!

#49 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:44 AM

I don't beleive you can download subscreens, but I bet there are loose tiles for them.

#50 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

you can export and import subscreens, if I remember correctly. But, the tiles have to be at the right place, or it may appear like a jumbled mess if you're using a different tileset as the creator.

Edited by Alestance, 03 August 2009 - 06:39 AM.

#51 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

Is there a way to remove the flames that come up when you use a guy for the cutscenes?

#52 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

Check "No guy fires" or something like that in the "Rules" options.

#53 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:53 PM

Oh, that's really easy. Thanks. icon_smile.gif One more question, and I think I've got everything pretty much figured out. Is there a way to make it warp after you press "A" after someone talks? Like for the 2.10 way I'm doing these cutscenes, I want someone to talk, then after they finish, Link moves (so it warps to another screen for this to happen), then I time it so it warps again to the next screen so the person talks again, then I press "A" and then it warps once more to where you can then play as Link.

Edited by Rossk, 03 August 2009 - 11:57 PM.

#54 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

No, I believe you can only set custom actions on buttons through scripts only.
Currently on my newest quest travels I'm doing the "2.10 way" of doing NPC's. I have it set up so that when you step in front of the person's tile, you direct warp to a dmap and screen with the dialog box open and then after he/she is done talking you move away to get rid of the dialog box and warp back to the same screen but on the normal dmap.

#55 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:31 AM

Here try this:

CODE

ffc script PressA_Warp{
     void run(int combo, int frames){
            if(frames == 0) frames = 60;
                  while(true){
                       if(!Link->InputA){
                       Waitframes(frames);
                       this->Data = combo;
                       }
                       Waitframe();
                  }
            }
      }
}

Is a little something that came to my head and wrote it quick. There's probably a better way to do it, but if anything you can use this and see if it helps.

The "combo" argument is the combo i.d number of an Autowarp combotype.
The "frames" argument is the number of how many frames you want to wait until the code warps you to your destination. There are 60 frames in a second and well, it is set to 60 frames by default.

Edited by Christian, 04 August 2009 - 06:24 AM.

#56 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

Thanks. I'm not quite sure what you mean by...

The "combo" argument is the combo i.d number of an Autowarp combotype.

This.

The "frames" argument is the number of how many frames you want to wait until the code warps you to your destination. There are 60 frames in a second and well, it is set to 60 frames by default.

Just to be sure, this is frames after you press A, correct?

#57 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Yes, after you press A the script will activate and it will warp you.

#58 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

But what is an autowarp combo type? icon_confused.gif

Edited by Rossk, 04 August 2009 - 08:48 PM.

#59 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

Enter the combo i.d type of an autowarp combo.

When you right click a combo it will tell you it's properties. For example, it's i.d number is on the top left on the window. when you enter the combo i.d number of an autowarp combo type in the D0 argument, you must also set the warp destination on the screen you are trying to warp from in the sidewarp dialog.

Like i said, there could be a better way on doing it, but that just came to the top of my head. so try that.

#60 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

Ok, thanks! I think I have that figured out.

I have another problem though. Is there some reason it wouldn't display a string? I made an invisible guy (not even sure if this is necessary, but I did it), set the string to the screen, and it just doesn't show up. I played around with it a lot but couldn't seem to figure out what the problem was. So any ideas? icon_confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users