• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:05 AM

icon_aggravated.gif

...I've told you THREE TIMES already how to solve this problem! Check your inbox, READ the PM I typed up for you.

If you STILL don't get it, send me the quest file and I'll fix it for you.

EDIT: One more thing...

PROOF READ YOUR POSTS!!!!

I'm sick of EVERY post you make being FULL of spelling errors. Even the topic title! WTF is "AGEN"??? "Again" is NOT a hard word to spell! "Please" is NOT a hard word to spell!!!

You're SIXTEEN years old for ****'s sake!

Edited by NoeL, 08 August 2007 - 06:22 AM.

#32 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

Hold on, geez... Alright, now first off I thought it was a problem we couldn't fix since the translucency table usually gets an improper fix for the rest of ZQuest's runtime(caused when the sprite Csets are used for a moment in Tiles). This is not the problem as for now.

However, this is the problem. You're never going to end up with a completely black shadow with the translucency ZQuest offers; However, there are 2 ways that I know can fix this problem.
  1. Make the screen for the shadows take up layer 5 and 6 for a darker effect, or
  2. Edit the Level Palette(If you press 0-9 on your keyboard, these are what you're cycling through. Or F4 for all of them) to where you can get the desired effect. I recommend to copy the palette you're using into a picture and then into an unused level palette, so if you don't like it, you can revert to the original level palette.

I believe this is the answer you're looking for, and please be patient. Just keep to your original thread and someone will finally find your answer. icon_wink.gif

#33 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

I wonder if his problem is when ZC and ZQuest get messed up colors in full screen mode. When I have a quest open with shadows on a screen, and the colors are screwed up from that allegro bug, the shadows have a screwed up color. But I know that that's because of the allegro bug, causing CSet 0 and some other colors to be messed up, including layers.

If that's not the problem, though, then you really should show us some screenshots of what's wrong. Show us the problem.

#34 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:04 PM

This shows everything
IPB Image

#35 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

Just do exactly what Noel told you to do.

#36 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

Like i said befor i dont get what he means!! i try to do what i think he ment but i still dont get it and or it dont work!

#37 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(Aaron1046 @ Aug 8 2007, 02:04 PM) View Post

This shows everything
IPB Image

Okay, I know what the problem is.

YOU'RE USING CSET 6 ON THE SHADOWS. DON'T USE CSET 6.

#38 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

Indeed. As TS implied, the shadows change color because they're using the same color set that Link uses. When Link's colors go from green (Same color as the shadows of the leaves.) to blue, it's because the colors used for the leaves were the same colors that Link's tunic uses. If you tie this color of the shadows to the color of Link's tunic, is it any wonder that when you change Link's clothing, the shadows change color too?

Use Cset 2 to draw the shadows, not Cset 6. Not as a general rule, but, rather, just for these shadows, since it happens to be that in the DoR Set, the shadows are best placed in Cset 2 of the main overworld Palette. (Palette 0.)

#39 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:07 PM

Okay, I think I know what the problem is here. It's different from anything that's been mentioned so far, so please read the following calmly and don't expect it to be a rehash.

(Note to people who are suspecting Aaron of using CSet 6: that is probably NOT the problem, so stop accusing him, please.)

Aaron, here's a brief explanation:

You know how sometimes the translucency gets totally fuggered up in ZQuest when you switch between maps? This is because to display translucencies, ZC/ZQuest has to "check" to see what colors it has available. If the available colors change (i.e. from giving Link a ring), translucencies will immediately be screwed up until ZC/ZQuest "checks" again.

Here's the problem: in ZQuest we can tell the program to "check the colors" at any time by pressing "B." In the ZC player, there is no way to manually tell it to do this, because it's supposed to do it automatically. Sadly, ZC is imperfect, so we have to work around its various problems.

You are using a cheat to give Link a blue ring. The problem there is that CSet 6 switches to the blue ring CSet IMMEDIATELY, and that leaves ZC confused about the colors that are available. Cheats aren't the only way to cause this problem, though, because ring CSets are an "Old Feature" while translucencies are a "New Feature," and sometimes New and Old don't play well together.

Here's the easiest way I can dream up to fix the problem:

1. Have Link pick up the ring item on a screen that doesn't use any translucencies.
2. Make sure Link can't access any other screens that use translucencies UNTIL he warps to a new DMap.
3. To be doubly sure that the palette is rebuilt, make sure the new DMap uses a different palette than the first DMap.

The above method SHOULD work. However, be warned: many versions of ZC/ZQuest are buggy. I've encountered instances where translucencies just do not work no matter what I do, particularly with enemy shadows. Ideally, you will be able to avoid this with your tree shadows, but expect ZC to be imperfect.

In some other cases, pressing the "B" key in ZQuest does not fix the translucencies. If this is the case, you can fix it by saving and restarting ZQuest. Unfortunately, that's the only way to override that bug once it starts occurring during a ZQuest session, but at least it works.

If anybody has any questions, please ask them before getting upset, contradicting me, or accusing anybody of doing something stupid. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

#40 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

see, i hav a hard time doing what ppl explain to me so i get more ****en fusterated! im rely geting tierd of all this bull crap im having truble with!
And yes i tride geting the item on the screen and not using cheats to get it, but still!

Edited by Aaron1046, 08 August 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#41 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

Perhaps you're just not phrasing your questions as well as people would want you to? icon_shrug.gif It's certainly a possibility.

It's a given that newcomers won't know all the technical jargon to really understand what the fix to the problem would entail. We're all ready to help, but it's important to meet us halfway so we can help you, by giving us as many details as possible, and making your post entirely clear, and giving (And Labelling!) screenshots for our benefit. You can even give us the unpassworded quest file (Since they've got no monetary value. icon_razz.gif ) for us to look at via www.megaupload.com or something.

Just do whatever you can to make sure that we understand the problem. Once we have all the details we need, we can walk you through exactly what it is that you'd need to do to help solve the particular issue.

#42 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

I DID THE BEST I CANT TO EXPLAIN IT! If you wana try your luck in fixing my quest pm me your email for msn, im not going to bother to put it on magaupload.

#43 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

Aaron, I don't know if you half read Radien's post or not, but you have to get the ring on a DIFFERENT DMap than the one with the layers. You can't put the blue ring on the same screen, as you implied with your earlier post, and don't get mad at us for trying to help you.

#44 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

im not geting mad at you's

#45 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

THX Ebola Zaire!!! For telling me to put it ring on a dif Dmap in simple words!! thx! this fix everything!!! Thx!!!! now i can work on my quest!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users