Photo

Screenshot of the Week 311

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (46 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

Molten Onyx
IPB Image
Yes. This tileset is old, and I like it.

Ganon
IPB Image

William
IPB Image
This screen was originally meant for Screen Rebirth, but I didn't finish it in time. I changed it up a bit, so it doesn't look all too similar now.

skulduggery
IPB Image
Grass is Intelligent. It knows where to go.

Rover
IPB Image
Hey, someone move these packages, will ya?!

#2 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

Voted for William. You never disappoint me.

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

Voted for Molten Onyx, your always the best

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

I voted for Molten Onyx. A Golden Memory of the Chain of Destiny Tileset.

#5 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

I voted Molten Onyx. The other one that was close was William, and the others are just iffy...

But MO and William, those were both great.

#6 skulduggery

skulduggery

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

Wanted to vote for everybody other then mine, cause mine is just plain bad. But i couldnt, so Molten Onyx gets ma vote.

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

Rover's is the best and y'all are just jelly. Umad? lol
-Trollpoke (please be aware that no actual trolling was intended)

I like the way how it seems that the tiles were formed by the design of the screen and not the screen formed by a pattern of tiles. Tbh I can hardly tell it's made of 16x16 tiles...:/

#8 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

I voted for Ganon. The Lttp feel is very superior, as it feels right. The squarish isle's placement works.

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:14 AM

Molten Onyx:

Well, you seem to have gotten it all right, insomuch as the tileset itself is made. But old tiles with few to no additions makes this not too exciting. I guess it's possible to do surprising things with old tiles, but this is pretty standard.

Ganon:

Hey, surprisingly good effect on this screen. I see you've used mist to interesting effect. My problem is that you've made some pretty major mountain tile errors here. You're going to have a lot of problems in your quest if you don't learn to solve them. Also, the grass objects seem kinda randomly placed.

Side note: This is an odd place for a gravestone. But whatever.

William:

Simple, but not bad. icon_smile.gif Looks pretty decent for GBC Zelda. Also, about the Screen Rebirth thing: y'know, you really don't need to tell us that. Personally, I'd prefer to see screens from actual quests, but regardless, a screen's a screen. No subscreen in this shot, but you DID take the shot in the player, and for that I give you due credit.

Skulduggery:

Not bad, but not very colorful (I realize certain parts of BS AREN'T colorful). Adjacent to the hammer pegs, I would use square mountain corners, not angled. As it stands, It looks like you should be able to squeeze past the pegs, but you can't. Likewise, the tree placement makes it look uncertain whether you should be able to squeeze past on the right side. In that case, you can. I'd avoid putting trees near diagonal mountains for that reason.

That dungeon entrance? It should probably be pushed down one tile rather than embedded in the wall. But your placement of it ALMOST works.

Hmmm, green skulls? I know you must've done that intentionally, but they look almost like a mistake. Finally, Link with seven hearts versus four Goriyas?... This looks rather tough. o_o Careful you don't overdo it.

Rover:

Is this a rip of castlevania or something? Hmm. Something looks odd about it. Well, for one, those "packages" are rather dull compared to the relatively detailed background. Secondly, this mansion/mausoleum/graveyard/whatever is an odd place for Classic Link to be. But I suppose it could work.

...I think I'll go with William. All of the well-designed screens this week are rather uninteresting, but William's has the most character, while still being correct in every way that I can distinguish. I hope next week we have a little more "wow" factor, though.

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Feb 27 2011, 08:54 PM) View Post

Molten Onyx
IPB Image
Yes. This tileset is old, and I like it.

*Voted*

Ganon
IPB Image

Wow pretty cool... that is all I can say.

William
IPB Image
This screen was originally meant for Screen Rebirth, but I didn't finish it in time. I changed it up a bit, so it doesn't look all too similar now.

Those trees on the edge of the land/water bug me so much icon_confused.gif and one spot it's so crowed with detail and the other is just bland...

skulduggery
IPB Image
Grass is Intelligent. It knows where to go.

As I said with Ganon...

Rover
IPB Image
Hey, someone move these packages, will ya?!

I will move them *shot* through pretty cool, but, those low detail boxes don't match the high detail background...

Voted for MO.

Edited by Midnight_King, 28 February 2011 - 03:49 AM.

#11 skulduggery

skulduggery

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Feb 28 2011, 06:14 PM) View Post

Skulduggery:

Not bad, but not very colorful (I realize certain parts of BS AREN'T colorful). Adjacent to the hammer pegs, I would use square mountain corners, not angled. As it stands, It looks like you should be able to squeeze past the pegs, but you can't. Likewise, the tree placement makes it look uncertain whether you should be able to squeeze past on the right side. In that case, you can. I'd avoid putting trees near diagonal mountains for that reason.

That dungeon entrance? It should probably be pushed down one tile rather than embedded in the wall. But your placement of it ALMOST works.

Hmmm, green skulls? I know you must've done that intentionally, but they look almost like a mistake. Finally, Link with seven hearts versus four Goriyas?... This looks rather tough. o_o Careful you don't overdo it.

Thanks for the advice, im still very new to using zelda classic, my only mapping experiance is with rpgmaker.

Note: Are we allowed to comment on comments in this thread?

OMG, i got a vote. MY LIFE HAS MEANING.

Edited by skulduggery, 28 February 2011 - 06:16 AM.

#12 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:37 AM

I nulled. None of the shots really caught my eye, this week. They are by no means bad...They're just not incredibly unique. icon_shrug.gif I do like Rover's backdrop thinger a bit, though. Pretty interesting.

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

Side note: This is an odd place for a gravestone. But whatever.

Ocarina of Time, Lake Hylia. To the left: The island under which the Water Temple resides.
Well, that's what it reminded me off anyways.

Voted for Molten. I sort of liked it best.

#14 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Null'd because I'm in it. And yes, my low detailed boxes don't fit in with the rest of the shot, I should have removed them all together. Ugggh, anyways...

Molten Onyx Good shot, I really can't complain on this one. It's a good screen, but it isn't the best in my opinion.

Ganon Another good shot as well. Except what is that red thing with a face? It looks like a balloon, but it doesn't blend in, it's bright while everything else is dark.

William Is there a GB screen everytime? Anyways, very good GB screen. It's actually really good, and if I would have voted I would have chose this one.

skulduggery I think this is a very basic screen. Nothing wrong really, but nothing seems too special in this shot to make it the shot of the week. Sorry.

Well, there you go. icon_razz.gif

EDIT: By the way all the tiles (except for horrible boxes) were from Ninja Gaiden.

Edited by Rover, 28 February 2011 - 05:45 PM.

#15 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

I voted Ganon, that screen reminds me a bit of birds eye view of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (which, by the way, is the hardest game in the world).

William is my 2nd place, but don't ever let me catch you using a .jpg again icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users