Photo

LoR II: Mistress of the Wind (Old)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#31 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

The Royal Kingdom's skeleton is done, so all that's left is to add the life to the town. (So, people, and other things.) Won't be long before I finish the Royal Kingdom.

#32 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

Fnished the Royal Kigndom exterior. Now to work on the interior...

Also, I did some palette swapping for the Romia Mainland and Conrai Heights:

RML:
Old:
IPB Image

New:
IPB Image

Conrai Heights:
Old:
IPB Image

New:
IPB Image

I don't like the browns for the Romia Mainland, so I'll tweak it around until it works out.
What do you think of the new palettes?

#33 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(blaman @ Jul 19 2008, 10:32 AM) View Post

Fnished the Royal Kigndom exterior. Now to work on the interior...

Also, I did some palette swapping for the Romia Mainland and Conrai Heights:

RML:
Old:
IPB Image

New:
IPB Image
Conrai Heights:
Old:
IPB Image

New:
IPB Image

I don't like the browns for the Romia Mainland, so I'll tweak it around until it works out.
What do you think of the new palettes?

I personally love the new palletes! And I thinnk the browns look fine. icon_wink.gif Amazing screenies too! icon_smile.gif

#34 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

RML:
Can't decide between the two... the first seems more deep and detailed, but the second seems somewhat newer and such... lets just say good change.

Conrai Heights:
The new one is definitely better, at least the mountains are. The old red trees look better than the new brown ones.

#35 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

First shot: New palette is better.
Second shot: Old palette is better. Especially the water. The purple water is killing me.

#36 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

1st: New seems so much livelier.

2nd: Unless you're aiming for a sunset look, the new one just doesn't work. Cept for the mountains. So much nicer.

#37 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

I like both new palettes, unlike Russ and Daiv. Purple water can sometimes look great, as long as it's still at least blue-ish, such as in this case. And stuff.

Your work looks amazing, Bla. I would say you do a better job with PTUX than I do. icon_thumbsup.gif This is for 2.5b, right? Are you using any custom items and such? I thought maybe you could get the Prinny to walk when you place it, using scripts. Just an idea. icon_wink.gif

#38 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Jul 19 2008, 10:37 AM) View Post

I personally love the new palletes! And I thinnk the browns look fine. icon_wink.gif Amazing screenies too! icon_smile.gif

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif It's likely I'll mess around with them a bit, but they *should* keep their original feel.

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jul 19 2008, 12:53 PM) View Post

RML:
Can't decide between the two... the first seems more deep and detailed, but the second seems somewhat newer and such... lets just say good change.

Conrai Heights:
The new one is definitely better, at least the mountains are. The old red trees look better than the new brown ones.

I can try messing around the colours a bit, maybe making the trees more red?

QUOTE(Russ @ Jul 19 2008, 01:30 PM) View Post

First shot: New palette is better.
Second shot: Old palette is better. Especially the water. The purple water is killing me.

I'll be able to mess with the water colour a bit, and make it a little more blue-ish.

QUOTE(Daiv @ Jul 19 2008, 02:48 PM) View Post

1st: New seems so much livelier.

2nd: Unless you're aiming for a sunset look, the new one just doesn't work. Cept for the mountains. So much nicer.

I was actually aiming for a more rugged mountainy feel.

QUOTE(Schwa @ Jul 19 2008, 11:58 PM) View Post

I like both new palettes, unlike Russ and Daiv. Purple water can sometimes look great, as long as it's still at least blue-ish, such as in this case. And stuff.

Your work looks amazing, Bla. I would say you do a better job with PTUX than I do. icon_thumbsup.gif This is for 2.5b, right? Are you using any custom items and such? I thought maybe you could get the Prinny to walk when you place it, using scripts. Just an idea. icon_wink.gif

Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif Yeah, I'm using the betas. I've been messing with custom items a bit. I like the idea of the prinny moving around, though. That would be pretty neat to see. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Did I mention that I'm working on the interiors on the Royal Kingdom? I hope to wrap that up tommorrow, and finish Conrai Heights.

Edited by blaman, 21 July 2008 - 03:14 PM.

#39 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

I almost lost LoRII thanks to my horrid computer freezing in the middle of saving. Thankfully, I had a back-up that held alot of the work I had done. (I only lost two rooms in a house. Not much at all. Would have been alot more without that back-up. Namely, the entire quest, in which I may have just lost motivation.)

Anyways, I've been caught-up in Final Fantasy 4 recently, so I haven't been working on the quest that much, but I have been inching toward finishing the Royal Kingdom.

#40 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

Heh, I've been thinking about this for a bit now, and I thought I'd reveal it:
A new character! Yay!

I haven't gotten things like names down yet; that'll come soon, but here's the basics.

This guy is a constant pest that claims that he, too, is after the Sage Stones. However, he doesn't seem to take them very seriously, thinking he's almighty and powerful. To Link, he doesn't seem very competent in achieving such a high goal, and is often shrugged off, or 'set in line' if he becomes a nuisance that only blocks his path. He thinks he's Link's rival, but doesn't really seem to live up to the name.

He's going to show up most likely in the Rokai Grotto as a mini-boss as his first appearence. For those who have played Disgaea: think Mid-Boss. He's even got a really creepy theme, yet fitting for him. For the curious one: http://www.vgmusic.c...es/Calcobre.mid (It'll give you an error, just click the link seen in number 1.)

Just something I thought I'd share. Comments and suggestions are welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by blaman, 29 July 2008 - 12:08 PM.

#41 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

ANOTHER quaddruple post?! O_o; A guy would think he wasn't wanted or something. Lol! icon_razz.gif Kidding, of course.

Anways, I'm putting this on a temporary hold, since I have to focus all my questing attention to my 4-week quest entry; The Legend of Adlez: Starring Mink. (I haven't posted anything on it yet.) I might be able to slip in some small ammounts of time to work on this, but not much. Excpect me to continue work in the beginning of September.

This kinda screws up my idea of getting a demo out by September, but I'll try for October. No promises, though. In the mean time, keep a look at the L337 screenshot thread, as that's where all my screens of Mink will be posted.

I will get a demo out, eventually. icon_razz.gif

#42 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE(blaman @ Jul 29 2008, 07:46 PM) View Post

Heh, I've been thinking about this for a bit now, and I thought I'd reveal it:
A new character! Yay!

I haven't gotten things like names down yet; that'll come soon, but here's the basics.

This guy is a constant pest that claims that he, too, is after the Sage Stones. However, he doesn't seem to take them very seriously, thinking he's almighty and powerful. To Link, he doesn't seem very competent in achieving such a high goal, and is often shrugged off, or 'set in line' if he becomes a nuisance that only blocks his path. He thinks he's Link's rival, but doesn't really seem to live up to the name.

He's going to show up most likely in the Rokai Grotto as a mini-boss as his first appearence. For those who have played Disgaea: think Mid-Boss. He's even got a really creepy theme, yet fitting for him. For the curious one: http://www.vgmusic.c...es/Calcobre.mid (It'll give you an error, just click the link seen in number 1.)

Just something I thought I'd share. Comments and suggestions are welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

A guy who claims to be after the Sage Stones but in fact doesn't take them seriously? At first, sounds like an annoying kid who taunts Link for searching those stones... but it also can mean that somebody sent him to annoy Link and/or spy on him. Will he be a "returning boss"? Yes or no, he could be annoying in gameplay, too. Like "accidentally" moving a column that falls and block the easier way in a dungeon, or accidentally breaking a vase so spiky particles spread on the floor, etc...

#43 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

He'll definately be a returning boss. When I said he didn't take them seriously, I ment he didn't take the trials to get them seriously. Sorry for not describing that very well... >_<
I really like the idea of him being a pest in game-play as well, so I'll have to try it out. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

#44 Adem

Adem

Water Lizard

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

I like the sub screen and stuff, but I really don't like Hybrid Link. >.< Though, that's just my opinion. But the screens and stuff look good, sounds awesome. But you could add more in some places.

#45 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:11 AM

I replaced the Link tiles some time ago. The screens on the first page are old, so you'd be best looking around the second page.

Edited by blaman, 16 August 2008 - 10:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users