Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

ecco the dolphin builder

#17 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:41 AM

Shovel knight would be a good game to have in zc lol

I was thinking about trying to do this as a Zelda style top down quest.

#18 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

Honestly, I'd love to see Ocarina of Time adapted to ZC's engine. I wonder how it could truly turn out.

• Thunderfist likes this

#19 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

Honestly, I'd love to see Ocarina of Time adapted to ZC's engine. I wonder how it could truly turn out.

Hasn't that been tried by a couple people? I feel like, after 'Z1 but not', it's the most common idea people have. That said, not sure anyone's actually completed one :P

#20 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:26 PM

Hasn't that been tried by a couple people? I feel like, after 'Z1 but not', it's the most common idea people have. That said, not sure anyone's actually completed one :P

I mean being made by an experienced, competent quest maker though.

#21 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:07 AM

I mean being made by an experienced, competent quest maker though.

Fair enough.

#22 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:24 AM

Hexen

...well, at least in concept:  The ability to choose between at least three classes (such as Fighter, Cleric, and Mage), each with their own separate set of weapons, armor, and other stats.  Thus different gameplay strategies with each.  Even bombs (or flechettes in Hexen) would work differently with each class.  One would work like a throwing grenade, another could be a poisonous gas cloud that lingers for a while, and the other works like the traditional bomb.  Potential quest replay value based on the concept alone.  Good luck with the heavy amounts of scripting, though.  Thus I don't expect to ever see it, but one can dream.

• ShadowTiger, Papa, Twilight Knight and 2 others like this

#23 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:21 AM

...well, at least in concept:  The ability to choose between at least three classes (such as Fighter, Cleric, and Mage), ...

Funnily enough I once made a start on such a quest, in which the player can choose between 3 characters with different skillsets from the beginning. I was planning to make good use of Link Tile Modifiers and only giving the characters specific items. F.e. the warrior would have the sword, the thief the bow, the mage the wand. But like you said, I quickly came to the conclusion that I would need a lot more items and a lot of scripting too. It was overwhelming.

But at least the character selection screen is scripted already  :P

To not drift too far from the topic, I too would love to see an RPG translated into a ZC quest. Something like the Elder Scrolls you know?

Also using the side scrolling mechanics one could recreate 3D platformers such as Banjo Kazooie in 2D!

• ShadowTiger and Papa like this

#24 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:25 PM

Let me just weigh in here.

Gonbare Goemon

Earthbound

Pokemon

RoboWarrior (NES) (I gave up, might return to it someday  :augh: )

Final Fantasy II (SNES) Airship wars (again, backburnered)

• Thunderfist likes this

#25 abdulisgood

abdulisgood

• Members

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:49 AM

So, the new Link's Awakening features Dampe, and you can visit him to build your own modular dungeon.

Think anything like that could be done in ZC, a area of the game that the player can modify in-quest / in-game as they see fit?

#26 xenomicx

xenomicx

Zelda Arcade

• Members

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:47 AM

Never played Golden Axe Warrior or Seiken Psycho Calibur, but I could very easily have these ripped within a few weeks. However, I'm still trying to finalize my Metal Gear rip at the moment. If I could actually get people to help write a few scripts, I could finalize the 1.0 version. Until then I'm stuck trying to learn scripting on my own

#27 xenomicx

xenomicx

Zelda Arcade

• Members

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:08 PM

There was a game for the famicom that i think could be redone in zc very well: Seiken Psycho Calibur

This game is so much like zelda.

Been a while since i played through it, but i seem to recall the final level is partially randomized?

The other game i think zc could pull off a decent version of is golden axe warrior.

I do not pretend to know how to use zquest, so i personally will not be trying to do these, but i would just love to see either of these games in zc.

At the very least, someone should rip the tilesets from these games to zc format.

I've been messing around for a few days now, and I almost have a golden axe warrior tileset release. I have all the palettes, overworld tiles, dungeon tiles, and combos complete. I also have the sword wielding warrior sprites and a few enemy sprites ripped. No sound fx or midis yet. I also have the bottom subscreen complete too. I've never played the game before, so I'm kind of messing with it on an emulator to see how it works.

• abdulisgood likes this

#28 Thunderfist

Thunderfist

Recipient of Ways

• Banned

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:13 PM

I actually want to see my ZC X-Men game Xelda converted within ZC to a Final Fantasy Tactics version, or changed in-game via game mode selection.

#29 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:10 AM

I think it would be interesting if there was a quest or tileset with at least an aesthetic based on Breath of the Wild, though as far as replicating that depth of gameplay in 2D.... Yeah, not happening.

#30 masterlink3000

masterlink3000

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:04 PM

Conkers Bad Fur Day could be really funny and strange at the same time... come on, who doesn't love a skillet wielding, beer drinking squirrel that gets his HP back by eating blocks of chocolate...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users