MZC tileset

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

I love the set. However, I do have one complaint. The palettes. All of them are good, but they all seem dark, and depressing. It needs more light and happy palettes.

By the way, I do over the enemy tiles. Don't change them!

#17 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:34 AM

How do you find my palettes dark and depressing? Everyone else thinks they're too bright. icon_unsettled.gif Whatever, I'll make a bunch of palettes to suit almost any need, I'm just working on getting a good palette structure right now then I'll get back to working on ripping tiles and stuff. I'm for sure gonna change the sprite palettes, I'm still not 100% sure on what enemies I'll change or whatever. I'll see when I get that far. icon_wink.gif

#18 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

the contrast is a bit high, thats about the only issue I have with it.

#19 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

^Nailed it. A little too much contrast. And some of the greens are too bright.

The LttP water look okay, but not amazing. Maybe it's just the pallette the example screen is in. icon_shrug.gif Let's see how MC water would look. And if you're also gonna have transparent water make sure you have riverbank tiles that can have cliffs that are more than one tile deep, in case someone wants water that's more than waist deep.

#20 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

First of all, those screens are awesome, don't change the palette for the screens on the left, AT ALL.
Second, DO NOT USE THE ALTTP WATER, USE THE TRANSPARENT WATER.
Third, stick with the dirt you already have, but maybe ad in another simpler one too.
Fourth, you HAVE TO do something about those northern Minish Cap mountain tiles. It's a little weird seeing northern mountain tiles larger than the west and south ones. 0.o

#21 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

What do you mean about the mountains? They use the same perspective as everything else. The fronts are 2 tiles high and the sides and back are 1 tile high.

#22 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ Jan 29 2009, 02:43 AM) View Post

Ok, well I finally decided on officially announcing my new tileset. This will be a public tileset and will feature many tiles from The Minish Cap, hence the name, MZC. icon_razz.gif

Ok first off, a little about this set. This set is my vision of a perfect tileset, I know some of you may hate me for saying this but its just what I feel. I'm mostly doing exactly what I want with this set, I will need some opinions on some of the more difficult decisions though. I have no idea when this set will be completed but, it will be completed at some point. Hopefully sooner than later. This set will be for 2.5.

I will use this thread for asking for advice, suggestions and also showing off all the new stuff I add when I think its worthy of an update. So without further adieu, screenshots:

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

Also, I'd like to know what water tiles would look best in this set. I already ripped and edited some out of DoR:
IPB Image
I was wondering if the water tiles out of TMC would look any better or not? I can't decide. icon_unsettled.gif

Comments please.

Nice screens of the tileset.
but I would suggest you don't use LTTP water for this set.
I prefer more of the minish cap water tiles.

#23 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

Well I guess I'll put a variety of water tiles in since some people hate one kind and love another while others think the opposite. My new palette structure is really flexible so I can rip almost any MC tiles in now. So I'm gonna try to rip stuff directly from MC, since nobody else seem to want to do it. icon_razz.gif

#24 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(Evile @ Jan 31 2009, 05:48 PM) View Post

Well I guess I'll put a variety of water tiles in since some people hate one kind and love another while others think the opposite. My new palette structure is really flexible so I can rip almost any MC tiles in now. So I'm gonna try to rip stuff directly from MC, since nobody else seem to want to do it. icon_razz.gif

Ha =p
it's not that we don't want to do it, it's that it's a pain in the a** because of zquest palletes limitations.
In other words "laziness" ¬_¬.
Hmmm, what exactly do you want ripped though?

#25 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

Just the water tiles and edges. I should be able to find most everything else online. My internet sucks really bad and it takes forever to download stuff so I can't get my hands on an emulator. icon_frown.gif

#26 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:25 AM

There's a really awesome emulator that I use called Visual Boy, and a program called MWSnap that can take pics of the screens. Just find a MC rom and you're set.
One question-NPC's?

#27 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:22 AM

Please, at least keep the main palette. I love it. When I see it, I dont feel somber, I feel great, its a beautiful piece of work. I think its all great, but mabe use browns on the water edges?

#28 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:01 AM

yea.
visualboy advance is only like 882KB in size so it shouldn't be a problem to download.
get a minish cap ROM and take pics and rip them into ZQ.
you didn't know that?

#29 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

DOUBLE POST! *runs*

Anyways, you'll have to find the emulator and the roms yourself, but here's the MWSnap freeware program that I was talking about earlier.

#30 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(T. Platinum @ Feb 1 2009, 07:40 AM) View Post

DOUBLE POST! *runs*
Anyways, you'll have to find the emulator and the roms yourself, but here's the MWSnap freeware program that I was talking about earlier.

Why would you need that? VBA, or any emulator on the face of the planet for that matter, has built-in screenshot features

But more on topic, I think it's cool you're releasing this set, Evile. Looks like it'd be rather easy to use, and not overloaded with tiles like DoR or Pure. My only gripe is how closely it resembles Hyrule Fantasy, but I'll get over it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users