A fantastic opportunity for a very talented quest maker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 19 December 2021 - 10:10 PM

Staff edit: Before considering James's offer, please read Shane's post here and be aware that engaging with James will likely result in no payment being delivered.

This is not intended to start a discussion - it's more an invitation to trade with me.  So, if you are interested in trading with me please reply to this via PM and we'll talk further.  Not interested in trading?  This isn't for you.

I seek the services of a very talented quest maker to make a type B masterpiece quest for me.  A type B quest is one that is extremely combat focused, typically combined with high levels of difficulty and interesting challenges that are creative and varied.  This is not to be confused with type A quests which are puzzle focused and typically have day/night, ice/water, hot/cold mechanics as well as block puzzles, beautiful over-world graphics, easy to non-existent combat and a very complicated and long storyline with lots of NPC interactions.  I am NOT after a type A quest so if that is all you are prepared to make then you need not apply.

In return, I offer the following:

Money - lots and lots of money.  I'm not talking about your normal $50 steam game here.  I'm talking about paying you for the hours you need to make the quest.  A typical quest of any decent quality takes hundreds if not thousands of hours to make and you need this support so that you can comfortably work on it and maintain your a good standard of living.  If you don't have this then the chances of the quest being cancelled is significantly increased and this has happened quite often in ZC which is probably why we see many, many cancelled quests here.

In the computer game industry, people who are making their own game independent of any company are called "indie" developers.  Typically, an "indie" developer makes a demo of their game and starts a kickstarter campaign to raise money to support them whilst they are making their game.  The kickstarter campaign asks the community to contribute money for the game during it's development.  This kickstarter campaign aims to achieve a minimum amount and only when that funding goal is reached does work begin on the full game.  If the minimum amount is not reached then its game cancelled and no effort is even made to make the game which is an indication of just how important money is during a game's development phase.  If the money raised far exceeds the minimum amount then additional features of the game are promised such as easy, medium and hard difficulty. 

See this one that I'm supporting now:  Unsung Warriors: a Story Driven Action-Platformer by Osarion & Mountaineer — Kickstarter.  This raised over 29,000 euro to support their devs during the game's development.  If we work together, I promise you that I'll take care of you and make sure that you have all your worldly needs looked after whilst you're working on our quest.

Scripting - if you can't script then I'll script for you.  I'm not the best scripter and I can only promise you things that are moderately complicated to script.  Certainly any fully scripted bosses or complicated features are out of the question and your pay won't be as good as someone who can script.

Expertise - This isn't the first time I've sponsored a quest here.  In fact, I've sponsored several quests and I boast a 100% completion rate so I think I know very much what I'm doing.  I know about all the uncomfortable truths that surface whilst making a quest and I have dealt with them and solved them.  You can always talk to me about really dicey issues and I'll listen and there's a good chance I can fix them before they become real issues and cause the quest to be cancelled.

A couple of other things:

You don't need to "love" type B quests to apply.  You can be a complete mercenary.  Whilst I don't require that you "love" the type B quest that you will be making, you certainly have to be able to make one and make one that is very good.  If you are a type A player this might pose issues for you since you likely won't know what a good type B quest looks like and you are likely to be incapable of playing a very difficult type B quest.  If you can't play a type B quest then how are you going to know if what you are creating is possible to complete?  How will you know that what you've created is a "beautiful" type B difficulty balance?  These are issues that you need to solve before you apply and I won't be paying for this investment.  The risk/reward investment calculation that you'll have to make is up to you.

Type B quests have an atrocious record of not being popular and not being well-received with the ZC community.  Therefore, its completely up to you whether or not you release the quest (for free in the "normal" way quests are distributed) once it's finished.  If you choose to release the quest, then there will likely be a very small fanbase for it.  If this is a problem for you then please don't apply.

If you're interested in trading with me, then please PM me and tell me of any previous type B quests you've made that are on the database.  If you don't have a type B quest that's on the database then you'll need to make a demo of a type B quest to demonstrate your ability.  And let me know what you would expect to be paid for them so that I have an idea of how much it will cost to make a full type B quest.

• OUCH! and Jenny like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 December 2021 - 10:52 PM

In fact, I've sponsored several quests and I boast a 100% completion rate so I think I know very much what I'm doing.

Citation is needed for this. When money and sponsorship are involved, full disclosure is sorely needed. For all we know, this could be a scam for free labor.

I'm not interested in your money, but I do not want anyone potentially preforming free labor for something as frivolous as Zelda Classic. Speaking of, why not sponsor Zelda Classic's development? 2.55 has a lot of features that a Type B quest could benefit from, no scripting required. You could pay the developers to add even more features therein making more possibilities for Type B quests. You said you're rich and already seem to like wasting money, so you could easily afford that and it'd serve as undeniable proof you are serious with this proposal. 

For everyone considering this offer, be skeptical and use caution. There is no legal binding for James to pay you, nor is there any proof that he will. Just saying so doesn't make it legitimate as confidence tricks are not valid proof and are usually tactics scammers use.

• Haylee, Jared and Riflezen like this

#3 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 19 December 2021 - 11:48 PM

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand type B quests. The fanbase is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of high levels of difficult and interesting challenges most of the gameplay will go over a typical player's head. There's also a type B quest's extreme focus on combat, which is deftly woven into its characterisation - its gameplay philosophy draws heavily from Unsung Warriors, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these quests, to realize that they're not just fun- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike type B quests truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the difficulty in The Liberation of Hyrule: Insanity Unchained, which itself is a cryptic reference to The Liberation of Hyrule. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as James24's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them.

And yes by the way, I CAN beat type B quests. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

• Taco Chopper, Mani Kanina, Russ and 4 others like this

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:09 AM

Do you have a preferred method of applying? Do we send a free demo, or a free quest file or..? Is there a contract? Why can't a Type B designed quest also have good graphics? Like literally why?

If you can explain what you want from an application, I'll consider applying.

• Shane likes this

#5 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 20 December 2021 - 12:45 AM

ScAerxk.jpg?1

Edited by Taco Chopper, 20 December 2021 - 12:46 AM.

• Twilight Knight, Aslion, Russ and 2 others like this

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2021 - 01:00 AM

weren't you banned

• Hergiswi, Mani Kanina, Jared and 1 other like this

#7 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 20 December 2021 - 07:54 AM

"Kaizo! Shutting up! Type B! You want it? It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough dignity!"

#8 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 20 December 2021 - 07:56 AM

Can I pay in Rupycoin?
  • Aslion and Riflezen like this

#9 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 20 December 2021 - 08:06 AM

shake_it_baby.gif

• Aslion likes this

#10 Riflezen

Riflezen

sometimes does stuff

• Members

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:00 AM

"i am a businessm an therefore i am always correct and smart now shut up and listen to me"

This exact sentence can be used summarize two of the threads you've started now, James24. At least. It physically hurt to read your "offer", and I'd explain why, but Shane already did.

• Hergiswi, Shane and ywkls like this

#11 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:29 AM

meme of atlas labelled james24 carrying the world labelled purezc forum activity

• Rambly, Hergiswi, Anthus and 4 others like this

#12 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:43 PM

Please people.  Work gets done through private negotiations and deal-making - not through public discussion and debates.  If you are interested in making a deal with me then PM me with your questions.  If not, then remember what I said - talk is cheap, talk is worthless, talk is nothing.

#13 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:43 PM

hHmuTrK.jpg

• Anthus, Twilight Knight, The Satellite and 4 others like this

#14 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 20 December 2021 - 11:49 PM

Citation is needed for this. When money and sponsorship are involved, full disclosure is sorely needed. For all we know, this could be a scam for free labor.

talk is cheap, talk is worthless, talk is nothing.

Well, there's your answer everyone. James thinks proof is worthless. Total scam.

• Magi_Hero, Anthus and Riflezen like this

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 December 2021 - 01:26 AM

unknown.png

• Nathaniel, The Satellite, Mani Kanina and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users