Preview of the Intro for HF

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

Edited by FireSeraphim, 13 October 2017 - 08:48 AM.

• Mitsukara, Shane, Eddy and 8 others like this

#2 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

Looks pretty cool! The LTTP style looks great, and the scrolling effects are neat, too. I like the rising tower and the lightning zap, too XD

(Also, that must be tango text with those outlines, I suspect.)

Is this meant to be the same Link from LTTP/Oracles/LA? It's obviously sort of a Zelda 1-based deal (in the same sort of way that Super Castlevania IV was a retelling of the first Castlevania, as were some other games like Akumajou Dracula X68000, and I think maybe Castlevania was preceeded by the MSX version that was a lot different, Vampire Killer?), but I think that Link is usually meant to be a different character later in the timeline. Either way it's interesting, though.

Likewise, the inclusion of some kind of prince next to Redghanihm (that's his cannonical name, right?) is interesting. Reminds me a bit of the Zelda II manual backstory.

What happens if you go into Impa's cave while the monsters are still coming?

• FireSeraphim, Lightwulf and Deedee like this

#3 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

The Link that saves Impa is actually meant to be a descendant of the one from ALTTP and is from Calatia. Likewise the "Prince" is infact Ganondorf,
brought back from dead but he isn't at full power. Powerful enough to bring back some of his past minions but not powerful enough to be a god.
As for the sword in the intro it's a replica of the Seashell sword made by this Link's ancestor. Time has not been too kind to the replica
Seashell Sword.

Edited by FireSeraphim, 14 October 2017 - 08:25 PM.

• Mitsukara, Lightwulf and Epsalon ZX like this

#4 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

Ah, that all makes pretty good sense and is more consistent with the Zelda 1 timeline (and the seashell sword idea is interesting). The main reason I wasn't sure was that I don't think it explicitly clarified if a lot of time had passed since the last Link's departure (but I might've just zoned out on that detail), and the moblins seemed to personally recognize him.

Having tested this game a little bit (Dimentio invited me), I'm only up to level 3, but it's pretty fun so far (although really, really brutal on the amount of enemies and the damage they deal, I've already died over a hundred times. But then again, I'm really bad at most ZC quests). Although the beta is from a little earlier, of course. All in all, it's a promising project! It's putting a very big spin on all the Zelda 1 stuff (compared to more remake-y type Zelda 1 based quests), which is why something like Super Castlevania IV comes to mind- the sense of the thing and the iconic elements remain, but it's largely a new game with more complex ideas.

• FireSeraphim, WindRobe, Lightwulf and 1 other like this

#5 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

The Moblin recognizing link is an oversight on our parts and I'm personally flattered by the comparison to Super Castlevania IV.

#6 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

getting hyped up for this quest man looking really beautiful and really liked the intro preview vid,cant wait until either for the expo of it or released day :).

• FireSeraphim, Lightwulf and Deedee like this

#7 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:09 PM

The main reason I made the moblins recognize Link is because

A: They're not the smartest moblins in the Dark Army, and
B: Link's look is iconic: the green tunic + a legendary looking sword = Link. I would think some people would mistake the new Link for the old one, even if it's generations later.

I've since changed it from "It's Link!" to "It's a hero!". Mostly because it's funnier, because of "Only a hero can stop him now...".

• Mitsukara, Avaro, WindRobe and 2 others like this

#8 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:28 PM

Loved the demo, cannot wait for the full version!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users