Photo

ZC Creation Showcase #01: Fire Theme

Cukeman Orithan ywkls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: ZC Creation Showcase #01: Fire Theme (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Overall

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Useful

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most Creative

Most Entertaining

Vote

#1 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

Welcome to ZC Creation Showcase #01!

Today, we are featuring Fire Type Submissions! Featuring an enemy, a script, and a tileset. We have some pretty interesting submissions this month. Please look through the submissions and vote honestly and fairly. Submit your votes for the following categories to determine if if you believe they are:

• Best Overall
  • Most Useful
  • Most Creative
  • Most Entertaining

YouTube Video
To watch all these submissions in action without downloading any of them, click on the following video below:

All Submissions Download Link
If you wish to download all the submissions in one get go, click on the following link. This is done so that you don't have to download all the submissions individually: Download Here!

Featured Submissions
Here is all the information and download links for the submissions this month.

(Enemy) - Heartburn - Orithan

81JnaX6.png

• Themed: Yes

• Description: A new type of enemy! Heartburns are hulking creatures with a fiery heart! So fiery that it cloaks them in a veil of deadly fire! Protected by their flames; you must first remove them before start actually taking damage. There is zero scripting involved and the qst file is unpassworded; their stats and the arcane wizadry that makes them work are all found within the .qst file. Setting them up to act like they did in the demo quest is pretty complicated, so be prepared to follow it to the tee unless you know how each component works.

Details, like information about the four variants in the demo and where to place them as well as general combat tips, can be seen in the enclosed .txt file.
  • Version of ZQuest: 2.50.2

• Quest File: https://drive.google...u1wSRyNguoNsTDY

(Script) - Firebar - ywkls

vDVxkqr.png?1

Setup

(Tileset) - QLC Tileset Demo - Cukeman

g8xSvGX.png

Thank you to everyone who submitted! Now go and vote guys! Thank you and see you in the next showcase!     :)

• Anthus likes this

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for showing my work in the video  :) FYI there are a few features that weren't showcased, such as using the ember seed item, the deku nut item, the bombchu item, fighting the customized armos, and opening the grotto near the lost woods with the whistle you find west of the kokiri who warns you not to leave the forest. The grotto has some nice footprint combos I'm rather proud of.

#3 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for showing my work in the video  :) FYI there are a few features that weren't showcased, such as using the ember seed item, the deku nut item, the bombchu item, fighting the customized armos, and opening the grotto near the lost woods with the whistle you find west of the kokiri who warns you not to leave the forest. The grotto has some nice footprint combos I'm rather proud of.

^ I'd recommend everybody at least download and try out Cukeman's submission to try out the things I did not cover in my recording. Seems there are a lot of interesting details he's added that I missed.

#4 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

Didn't vote since I'm in this one.

Thoughts (yes, I have them)...

Heartburn- An interesting foe (especially considering the no scripts thing you mentioned). I'll have to open up the quest file and see how it was done.

QLC Tileset- It's nice to see another nod to OOT. I know it's been done before, but this looks a lot like a slightly less bland version of classic that will hopefully be expanded to something that can be readily used by all.

Pretty good all around. At least themes are optional, so next time I can come up with something earlier rather than wait until the last second.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

I'll post more later, but I -think- Orithan used tribbling enemies to pull off the different 'phases'. :P

#6 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:11 PM

All the information detailing what my enemies used is included in the text file enclosed with my entry. It documents the data for all of them in the Enemy Editor as well as giving general advice for combat against them. That final room in the video, which NJF gave up on and I will admit is borderline unfair if you don't know what to do, is manageable provided you come in with the right strategy - a strategy which you can develop through the earlier encounters.

Edited by Orithan, 21 April 2018 - 05:11 PM.

• NewJourneysFire likes this

#7 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

Burn the topic down! (Because it's fire themed). 

Best Overall: QLC Tileset Demo - Cukeman
Most Useful: Firebar - ywkls
Most Creative: Heartburn - Orithan
Most Entertaining:  QLC Tileset Demo - Cukeman

Special Shout-Outs go to:
  • QLC Tileset Demo - Cukeman (for getting the most votes overall)

• Cukeman and ywkls like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cukeman, Orithan, ywkls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users