A sad day indeed.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#16 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

I only have one thing to say to this negativity.

How many of you would take his place if you could?

I know I would, in a heartbeat. Believe me, if I knew even a little of C++, I would step right up to the plate.

It's not over. Just be a little patient for the pieces to be picked up.

Edited by rocksfan13, 19 January 2007 - 04:58 PM.

#17 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

Let's see, Takuya is MIA in terms of what he's doing for ZC. Dark Dragoon (is that is nick?) Is busy work on ports for various computer builds, so he's not really into the bug-fixing thing. Dark Nation has little time as it is and hasn't posted recently about his accomplishments about ZC. Koopa is infrequent with his dealings with ZC and I haven't heard from him recently about what's going on. L seems content on placing bug fixing at the bottom of his list and new features at the top. Are there any other devs I'm missing?

#18 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jan 19 2007, 11:22 PM) View Post

Let's see, Takuya is MIA in terms of what he's doing for ZC. Dark Dragoon (is that is nick?) Is busy work on ports for various computer builds, so he's not really into the bug-fixing thing. Dark Nation has little time as it is and hasn't posted recently about his accomplishments about ZC. Koopa is infrequent with his dealings with ZC and I haven't heard from him recently about what's going on. L seems content on placing bug fixing at the bottom of his list and new features at the top. Are there any other devs I'm missing?

yeah Saffith icon_wink.gif

#19 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

Yep- Saffith. He seems to be more into scripting, though. As for _L_... Just because "Bug Fixes" is at the bottom of that list he posted doesn't mean it's his lowest priority. You need to have a little more faith. I haven't lost any faith in _L_, or any of them. _L_ just wants to satisfy everyone, but he can't if all everyone expects is nothing but bugfixes and can't stand ideas that need to made to make other features complete. For example, drowning and falling have already been started, so they need to be finished. The Sideview Gravity flag isn't complete until sideview ladders are made, and according to _L_, that is included under "Ladder Combos". You may think I'm trying to put down your opinions and stuff, or trying to prove you wrong, but I am not. In fact, I'm trying to stay neutral in all this, as I fear this will soon turn into a flamefest with two sets of people flaming each other- Those who oppose all new features because of assumed bugs that could (and possibly most likely) arise and don't trust _L_ at all, and those who trust all the devs and back up _L_'s ideas. So.... I think we should let this die. That's only my opinion, though, and it's up to everyone else (But most likely the mods. icon_wink.gif). But you have to admit, there's got to be a strong feeling that this sort of discussion could soon turn into a flame-fest if it continues. icon_frown.gif

#20 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:48 PM

If you're so upset because jman put bug-fixing at top priority, then go over the the AGN forums and continue to make it known that you want bug fixes first and foremost.

All of these devs are working on the same project. They have to have at least SOME unified vision or they wouldn't be able to work with one another. icon_razz.gif And they aren't deaf, either. If everybody clamors for bug fixes rather than new features, they will probably get the idea. After all, nobody is really happy with a buggy ZC.

#21 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hmm...

Ah well. It doesn't seem you all have gotten the message quite yet.

#22 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jan 19 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post

Hmm...

Ah well. It doesn't seem you all have gotten the message quite yet.

That's also your cue to relay that message for all to hear, understand, and acknowledge.

But it would be nice to see all of the remaining developers to say something about their statuses. koopa and DN hardly ever post, but I hope that doesn't mean that they're not that involved with ZC developement anymore.
Attend chat. You'll get the chance to see them work on it.

#23 Jon

Jon

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:30 PM

It's been said that the less a developer posts, the harder he or she is working at it. When I'm quiet for example, my team knows I'm up to something. icon_smile.gif

#24 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jan 19 2007, 06:22 PM) View Post

That's also your cue to relay that message for all to hear, understand, and acknowledge.
Attend chat. You'll get the chance to see them work on it.

The message is that the devs know that bugfixing is the top priority, and the community just can't see it as they can't look at how the source code is updated and fixed up constantly. Well, unless they attend chat and talk with the developers a lot. The message is: Shut up and let the devs spend their time fixing bugs instead of harassing us.

#25 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(Eliwood @ Jan 19 2007, 06:30 PM) View Post

It's been said that the less a developer posts, the harder he or she is working at it. When I'm quiet for example, my team knows I'm up to something. icon_smile.gif

That's not the case with me icon_razz.gif

#26 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(jman2050 @ Jan 19 2007, 03:36 PM) View Post

That's not the case with me icon_razz.gif

Yeah, when jman works, he sews the seeds of chaos with vague topics about undisclosed features. I'm certainly going to miss that

#27 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

Jman is master of Chaos Emeralds. icon_lol.gif Again, I couldn't resist. Hope you have a nice time in life, jman. You seemed to want to fulfill what everyone wanted, even if it was bugfixes or little features. We shall miss you always. icon_smile.gif

#28 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:41 PM

I was around before all of the new revolutionary things, (bugginess is irrelevant here) Roc's feather, the enemy/item editors, etc. and the fact people said it was impossible blah blah blah, but bah! The impossible IS possible, for that, Jman is a heavy loss (he's not disappearing completely, but still...icon_frown.gif )

Somebody get me a C++ Programming guide!

#29 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jan 19 2007, 03:33 PM) View Post

The message is that the devs know that bugfixing is the top priority, and the community just can't see it as they can't look at how the source code is updated and fixed up constantly. Well, unless they attend chat and talk with the developers a lot. The message is: Shut up and let the devs spend their time fixing bugs instead of harassing us.

You speak as if these comments effected you. Last I checked, you were not a developer.

#30 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jan 19 2007, 06:08 PM) View Post

You speak as if these comments effected you. Last I checked, you were not a developer.

That's revfan for you...
He thinks it's his duty to tell us
* how hard we can push for a stable release
* what we need and don't need to build our quests
* who we should vote for (him) in SSOTW, and then trys to make us feel guilty if we don't vote for him, and tells us how superior his shot is to the other entries....
and the list goes on.

But then this thread is about Jman leaving isn't it.
And judging by the posts here and at AGN it looks like everyone agrees, the chance of a stable release now is about as good as a snowball chance in .....

I pushed so hard for the release because The Advetures of Robinhood is up to level 7 and it's possible I could have had it completed and released before I put my house on the market no later than April 1st.
Now it's doubtful it will ever be released, since after I move and get set up, I'll have little time for Zelda Classic.
I had hoped it to be my real SwanSong, and contribution to the community.

Some of you newbs, like REVFAN don't know what it's like to spend years and in excess of a 1000 hours on something just to have it left setting on a computer as waste.
NOR do they know what it's like to go year after year expecting a solid stable release only to reach the end without it having ever happened.

At this point I truely don't know if all the time and effort in the ZC community has been worth it or not, because I leave it very disappointed in the way it has all turned out.

A stable release, bug free, would have been so little added effort on the parts of the developers, yet the most important thing didn't seem to make a tinkers damn to them.
The 2.11b10b was almost there, and then from that point it went downhill and is now to the point that the program is totally worthless to try and actually build and release a completed quest in.
Sure, it's a fun play toy, you can build subscreens between crashes, and edit enemies between crashes, but you can't produce a bug free completed quest in it.

Jman tried, but he didn't get the support he needed, that's plain to see.
As for me, like I said, it doesn't really matter anymore because my time has run out.
I don't blame anyone, but I don't look for it to change either.
It will be the same a year from now, as it is today.
Serious quest makers beware, that's all I can say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users