Giving a bad name.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

Many forums, like ZFGC, consider ZC as a bad engine, that cannot create anything good, because many annoying newbies at the forum, give it a bad name. I decided, to reply to one of the topics, to a person who hates ZC so much. I really don't understand him, but you guys are free to give your opinion.

*Removed Link to topic*

Discuss.

icon_wink.gif

Edited by Nick, 04 January 2007 - 03:13 AM.

#2 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

Well, if all he's doing is replacing the Classic tileset with another tileset, there's really not much point in playing the quest. Take a look at Origin's First quest and Orion's Lightworld. Both are remakes of Zelda 1, but are not simply the same game replaced with different graphics. Both seem to be entirely new games, because although the basic look is the same, the design is definitely different. The experience is nostalgic, but not exactly the same.

#3 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:29 PM

I joined just to quote icon_razz.gif

#4 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:06 PM

I joined that vile place just to get resources. I think I'm gonna make my first post now...

#5 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

Yipes... The guy may not be that good but still, you dont have to attack him that badly. Sure 1st Quest remakes are unoriginal and rather boring, but thats still no reason to sick the guy.

Also Rev... I like how in replying to some guy telling you to make your own game you posted a bunch of pics... that arent from a game youve made. Misleading and crafty. Congrats.

Let the ZFGC be pricks if they dont understand the power of Zc. Doesent really hurt us at all, execpt maybe turning away more potentil newbs.

#6 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

Also Rev... I like how in replying to some guy telling you to make your own game you posted a bunch of pics... that arent from a game youve made. Misleading and crafty. Congrats.

Those are all from Revfan9 projects. What are you talking about?

#7 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Jan 3 2007, 10:11 PM) View Post

Those are all from Revfan9 projects. What are you talking about?

also, make your own zelda game, then talk =)

Exactly. Projects, and nothing more. By Zelda game Im pretty damn sure the guy meant an actual game, not (4-5?) side projects that are still bieng worked on or just abandonded.... So fa Rev has yet to release (at least to the database) an actual game, thus I think its rather misleading posting all those pics icon_razz.gif.

#8 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

Haha, well, at least let them think he made all those quests. That'll shut them up. icon_wink.gif

#9 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

He would have been flamed here... So he should be attacked for embarrassing ZC in the midst of a crowd that already hates us.

And all of those shots are screens that I made... But if you meant that none of them are from complete quests, then yes.

#10 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:25 PM

That Gonzo guy, steals sprites from various ZC users, without giving credit to them. For example, Some of the tiles Warlock made.

#11 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:30 PM

Of course. It was my holy duty to show him up.

#12 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

Ha, Don't be surprise if he steals your stuff now... Unless you didn't show any screenshots of the editor.

#13 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:40 PM

He can't steal my stuff because I don't have anything. Lolz. He also doesn't have my SKILLZ.

#14 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

Why dont you guys just link to some of the good quests that were made with Zc instead... just go to the main Zc site, and link the top 10. Those would be much more powerful than just supplying screenshots.

#15 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

I'll save Linking to a bunch of quests when someone there is dumb enough to say "ZC=TEH SUXZSCKXZSORZXS!!!!" icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users