Photo

Which should NeoFirst become?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Which should NeoFirst become? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Which should NeoFirst become?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

Upon speaking with DN, we managed to narrow down the initial quest design to three things:

1) A NewFirst Replacement.
2) A DemoQuest Sequel.
3) An entirely new quest.

The first option has the most familiarity, in that the visibility of new features will be readily documented and available, since people are already familiar with the original NewFirst/2.10TestQuest, which exhibited the features new to that engine.

The second option is another DemoQuest, which will be almost as simplistic as the original, but can and may use most of the new features in 2.11. It will feature more flexibility than the first option.

The third option is to design an entirely new quest, much like the idea we've been developing as the original concept for NeoFirst, though mostly in standard quest format, with most of the exhibiting we do being a taggalong feature. (Being there just because we can build it that way now.)

So. Thoughts? Keep in mind, this may be included in every release of ZC until a new form of this quest can be made. It should be unpassworded, and everyone will have access to the tiles within, unless we happen to decide otherwise.

#2 bastian

bastian

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

I personally feel strongly that there should be a newfirst.qst replacement (a quest that is basially the first quest of TLoZ but with improved graphics and features. This should carry the name neofirst.qst due to what it implies (it being a NEW version of the FIRST quest).

But I also very much like the other idea mentioned. So I think there should be two separate things: a neodemo.qst done in the way you were describing on the other thread, showing off all the amazing things that 2.11 will allow questmakers to do that cannot be shown off in neofirst.qst due to its need to resemble the original first quest in gameplay and such.

Just my two rupees. icon_razz.gif

#3 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

I think that it should be a entirely new quest.

Also, I think it has to be unpassworded so people can see how the puzzles and tricks worked. icon_razz.gif

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 2 2006, 12:29 AM)

Also, I think it has to be unpassworded so people can see how the puzzles and tricks worked.  icon_razz.gif

View Post

Yeah, couldn't agree more.

#5 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Mar 1 2006, 03:10 PM)

View Post

Third'd.

Good luck with it all, Josh. I'd help with the construction, but there are too many projects in the next several years I want to complete, and I also don't want them taking longer than they should. D:

#6 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 1 2006, 02:29 PM)

Also, I think it has to be unpassworded so people can see how the puzzles and tricks worked.  icon_razz.gif

View Post

I thought they already agreed that it would unpassworded for that purpose icon_unsettled.gif

Well... I would say I would enjoy a custom quest the most... as most people proboly would, and it gives it even more "spice" than it normally would...

But yeah... I would love to help with this... but I cant really think of how...

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Exate @ Mar 1 2006, 07:55 PM)
Third'd.

Good luck with it all, Josh. I'd help with the construction, but there are too many projects in the next several years I want to complete, and I also don't want them taking longer than they should. D:

View Post

Fourth'd

New quest, no password. Sounds good.

#8 KHRiku

KHRiku

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

Yeah new quest. One that might display the new features and be unpassworded so you can figure out how they work if you don't know. That way anyone new to it can figure out how puzzles, traps, and so forth can be done.

Edited by KHRiku, 01 March 2006 - 08:06 PM.

#9 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Mar 1 2006, 08:22 PM)
Fourth'd

New quest, no password. Sounds good.

View Post

5th'd. icon_razz.gif

I voted a replacement to newfirst, but now that I think about it, maybe it should just be a new quest altogether. icon_confused.gif

#10 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

I voted for a New Demo Quest, but I meant to vote for the third choice. Making this quest based off of the original overworld might not be such a bad idea, but some areas could be redone, but some classic areas could stay intact. That way a mostly quest could be done, but it would still be a new demo quest icon_smile.gif

... Come to think of it, maybe my choice as explained falls under "Other"...

#11 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Mar 1 2006, 05:10 PM)

View Post

Same. That would rule, and show off EVERYTHING that'll happen in the new ZC.

#12 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

Rex - Poll Fixed.

#13 Dark Lord Magus

Dark Lord Magus

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:32 PM

Hunter P Brown Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM
  QUOTE(Peteo @ Mar 1 2006, 05:10 PM)

Same. That would rule, and show off EVERYTHING that'll happen in the new ZC.
I honestly dont think much more could be said about it icon_razz.gif

Well on second thought..An entirely new quest, unpassworded is definately what we need. it will solve alot of simple silly problems that new questmakers run into ( but arent in any unpassworded quests already around)
Im sure the admins get sick of telling people over and over about lockblock combos, shutter doors, pallet cycleing and custom bosses over and over again and whatnot ( no wonder why BH4 has so many posts! xD lol)

#14 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:36 PM

I don't know if this is the correct place to talk about it,
but I'd like to bring up the issue of which tileset to use for this quest.

Personally, I'd like to see it made in an updated New First tileset.
I know New First isn't the most popular tileset,
but it has a strange appeal to it.
Perhaps it's because previous demos where made with New First;
it's almost a tradition. Any thoughts?

#15 bastian

bastian

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Mar 2 2006, 02:36 PM)
I don't know if this is the correct place to talk about it,
but I'd like to bring up the issue of which tileset to use for this quest.

Personally, I'd like to see it made in an updated New First tileset.

Pst. It already exists: it's called Pure. icon_razz.gif

Seriously, I've only developed three games and they've all been made in newfirst because of my utter n00b-ness . . . and then I finally decided to give Pure a go . . . and realized that it was basically newfirst but more asthetically appealing.

I've created a purefirst.qst (basically newfirst.qst in Pure) but never released it because I thought no one would care. icon_razz.gif Maybe I should redesign it to include the new 2.11 features and release it?

I stick by my 2 Rupees: neofirst.qst should be a first quest in a spiffy new tileset. Why use the word "first" in there otherwise? A more apt name for a new demo quest would be neodemo.qst or some such. icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users