Zquest Ideas Concepts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#91 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

Problem with that (I assume) is if you want the separate triggers to turn into separate combos.

#92 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

You can kind of do that by making a burn trigger that's also Trigger > Self Only. Though I do like the sound of burn next.

It doesn't work though. If you just burn the secret burn combo, then all the others are burnt too because the screen state is set

Also a "No Leever" flag, so they don't burrow up through frozen lakes or hard floors, that other enemies should walk on

#93 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

It doesn't work though. If you just burn the secret burn combo, then all the others are burnt too because the screen state is set

You could use 'screen secrets are temporary', but I guess that does mean that the state isn't set for each trigger (if that's otherwise possible).

Also a "No Leever" flag, so they don't burrow up through frozen lakes or hard floors, that other enemies should walk on

Completely agree

#94 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

It'd be real nice if there was an option to set the flood tool to only flood in a line on the X or Y axis. Although I guess that'd make it more of a line tool then.

• Shane and Jared like this

#95 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

You could use 'screen secrets are temporary', but I guess that does mean that the state isn't set for each trigger (if that's otherwise possible).

Yup, that's what I do, so you have to retrigger the actual secret every time.

Which is why I made this request for the burn > next combo :P

#96 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

That's fair.

There are a few things that can be worked around but would be much nicer to just have.

One that isn't necessary, but would be nice, is to add flags to combos in combo aliases. I have a few big ones which set up a room for enemies, but every time I need to put flag 98 (no enemies) in the combos around the edges. Would be easier if one could put flags on each combo like with secret combos.

#97 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:13 PM

Here are my suggestions. I'm not talking about stuff to just make ZC "more complete" but these two are the stuffs that I imagine myself finding useful in a quest.

1. All classes of enemies can tribble to other kinds, and also, a checkmark that allows for when an enemy tribbles, to have the resulting enemy(s) to have the same remaining HP. This would not only be useful for "slime" type enemies, but also more importantly for bosses because you can simulate multiple attacks with it. A randomization feature on what to tribble into or how long to wait before tribbling would be appreciated but not essential for anything I have in mind.

2. The "automatically-placed" enemies are no longer beholden to spawn at one certain place. This means that when you place the combo for enemy #X, it spawns the boss in that position. A quest rule would be provided and default for all quests made before now that makes those sorts of enemies automatically spawn at the original places.

Also appreciated but not required for anything I had in mind would be to combine Walking and Leever (aka the burrowing), and combine the Keese, Peahat, and Phantom Ghini classes.

#98 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

Sorry if this has already been mentioned a lot, but it would be great if the way strings looked in zquest looked exactly the same in-game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but you think you've got a string centered and it's always a few spaces off when you're playing. Especially line 2. Am I the only one having a hard time getting strings to place correctly?

Edited by Flynn, 24 July 2018 - 12:54 AM.

#99 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

I wouldn't mind a more robust enemy editor, allowing for more specific weaknesses to certain items. More importantly though, ZC still does not have proper pit combos. Nothing in native ZC functions like a bottomless pit except for water, and only if Link cannot swim in it.

Also, for some reason, certain functions and items only work in either dungeons/interiors or overworlds. Screen State carryovers would be vital in more complex dungeons, and the ability to update the overworld map by purchasing a map or compass item would be rather useful

Edited by Old-Skool, 24 July 2018 - 11:54 AM.

#100 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Sorry if this has already been mentioned a lot, but it would be great if the way strings looked in zquest looked exactly the same in-game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but you think you've got a string centered and it's always a few spaces off when you're playing. Especially line 2. Am I the only one having a hard time getting strings to place correctly?

I am guessing the problem is that in ZQ you are not understanding how the background works.

What I would recommend is opening the Tile Editor and making a square that is two tiles high and two tiles wide, make it a solid color that's not black.

Now go into the String Editor, open a string and click on the Attributes tab. Click the tile and set it to the upper left tile in your 2x2 color square that you made.

Now you can distinguish between the actual background that appears behind the text versus the extra black space you see in ZQ that exists on the right and bottom sides. In ZC this extra space is just invisible transparency.

EDIT: Writing "\25" in a string acts like the Return key and makes a new line. Enabling text wrap automatically moves long words to the next line so they don't get broken up.

EDIT 2: Once I get a string format I like, I copy paste that string into <New String> and change the text so that I don't have to set up the background and formatting options every time.

Edited by Cukeman, 24 July 2018 - 07:26 PM.

• ShadowTiger and Flynn like this

#101 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 24 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

I wouldn't mind a more robust enemy editor, allowing for more specific weaknesses to certain items. More importantly though, ZC still does not have proper pit combos. Nothing in native ZC functions like a bottomless pit except for water, and only if Link cannot swim in it.

Also, for some reason, certain functions and items only work in either dungeons/interiors or overworlds. Screen State carryovers would be vital in more complex dungeons, and the ability to update the overworld map by purchasing a map or compass item would be rather useful

Zoria said on the ZC dev server that more weakness options are coming, such as double damage from a certain item

#102 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:16 AM

I am guessing the problem is that in ZQ you are not understanding how the background works.

What I would recommend is opening the Tile Editor and making a square that is two tiles high and two tiles wide, make it a solid color that's not black.

Now go into the String Editor, open a string and click on the Attributes tab. Click the tile and set it to the upper left tile in your 2x2 color square that you made.

Now you can distinguish between the actual background that appears behind the text versus the extra black space you see in ZQ that exists on the right and bottom sides. In ZC this extra space is just invisible transparency.

EDIT: Writing "\25" in a string acts like the Return key and makes a new line. Enabling text wrap automatically moves long words to the next line so they don't get broken up.

EDIT 2: Once I get a string format I like, I copy paste that string into <New String> and change the text so that I don't have to set up the background and formatting options every time.

That was a helpful tip about being able to make the string bounding box visible. However there's still an issue for me, as minor as it may seem: when trying to get line two of a string centered, you often have to remove a space because the game adds one.

https://i.imgur.com/fitOHRs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kAJicsC.jpg

Edited by Flynn, 25 July 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#103 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:04 AM

Hmm, instead of writing:

_____SOMETIMES IT JUST_______DOESN'T LINE UP RIGHT.

I would try writing a "\25" after the "just" and before the next spacing and see if that solves it:

_____SOMETIMES IT JUST\25_______DOESN'T LINE UP RIGHT.

My thought is the game may be guessing at where to make the line break since you didn't use "\25" and that may be why it's one space off.

See if using "\25" fixes it.

Edited by Cukeman, 25 July 2018 - 08:09 AM.

#104 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

Zoria said on the ZC dev server that more weakness options are coming, such as double damage from a certain item

Im more concerned about the others

#105 Flynn

Flynn

ZC Fan

• Members

Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:00 AM

Hmm, instead of writing:

_____SOMETIMES IT JUST_______DOESN'T LINE UP RIGHT.

I would try writing a "\25" after the "just" and before the next spacing and see if that solves it:

_____SOMETIMES IT JUST\25_______DOESN'T LINE UP RIGHT.

My thought is the game may be guessing at where to make the line break since you didn't use "\25" and that may be why it's one space off.

See if using "\25" fixes it.

Yes - thanks very much!

• Cukeman likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zquest, Ideas, Concepts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users