Photo

Announcement: Renouncement of my Map of the Month Win.

Failure Disgusting

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:16 PM

Dear Esteemed members of Purezc.net,

It is with somber emotions I approach you to announce that I must, in all good conscience, renounce one of my Map of the Month Wins.

In or around the month of December of the Year 2014, I, Hubydweyer, submitted a Map to Map of the Month 59, which, due to my immense stupidity and callousness towards the artistic process and good sportsmanship, contained a tile error. I, Hubydweyer, unaware of such a defect, brazenly submitted this Map without a thorough once-over, something it obviously needed. It would come to pass that I, Hubydweyer, would win the stated contest, Map of the Month 59, even with the Map's clear deficiency. I believe that I can no longer accept this win as legitimate. 

Herein I have attached the aforementioned Map, with its error circled.

Dps4Xbx.png

I hereby renounce my win and award it to MonopolyRubix, who entered a Map, which unlike my failure, does not have a tile error.

With Great Respect
--Hubydweyer

Edited by Hubydweyer, 19 February 2020 - 09:18 PM.

• Anthus, nicklegends, The Satellite and 10 others like this

#2 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:18 PM

Congratulations MonopolyRubix!

• coolgamer012345, Deedee and Aquamentus (Facing Right) like this

#3 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:25 PM

This is very brave of you Hubydweyer. Thank you for coming forward.

It is with great joy that I announce MonopolyRubix as the winner! Congratulations!

• coolgamer012345 and Deedee like this

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:33 PM

But, MonopolyRubix's map also has an error.

It was made in a GB tileset  :gonk:

• Russ and coolgamer012345 like this

#5 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:57 PM

I love you Huby.

Also love your map.

#6 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:17 AM

ShadowTiger has brought even more errors to my attention

Rqcl1u4.png

Edited by Hubydweyer, 23 February 2020 - 11:29 PM.

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:57 PM

#Hubydweyerisoverparty

Dps4Xbx.png

The committee has committed these errors to the Committed Errors in Maps Committee. Thanks for spinning and winning.

• ShadowTiger, coolgamer012345, Hari and 1 other like this

#8 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:33 PM

Update: Once again, I have failed, my second post in this topic was meant to include an image, which had a broken link. I apologize profusely, and this is now fixed.

• ShadowTiger, Anthus, coolgamer012345 and 1 other like this

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:21 AM

I ran this contest and I didn't even realize you had committed such a brazen transgression. I am at least partly to blame for this travesty.

(In other news, I miss you, Zack.)

• Anthus and coolgamer012345 like this

#10 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:33 PM

I ran this contest and I didn't even realize you had committed such a brazen transgression. I am at least partly to blame for this travesty.

(In other news, I miss you, Zack.)

well don't u worry cause Im aboutta submit a map

• nicklegends and coolgamer012345 like this

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 March 2020 - 07:22 AM

Thanks for submitting :P

#12 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 08 March 2020 - 12:33 PM

I'm unsure if this is supposed to be a joke a not..... :confused:

#13 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:55 PM

I'm unsure if this is supposed to be a joke a not..... :confused:

This is Hubydweyer we're talking about. He has never made a joke in his life.
  • Rambly, Hergiswi, The Satellite and 2 others like this

#14 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:29 PM

Although the apology was genuine and heartfelt, the crime was too great for the mercy of man and God to endure. I propose a motion that Hubydweyer be banned from submitting further entries to the Map of the Month competition.

Surely the committee will agree.

#15 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:22 PM

6TH MAP OF THE MONTH CONGRESS -- 1ST SESSION

P. ZC. H. RES. 111

Impeaching Zachary Dweyer for High Crimes and Misdemeanors Against Nature, & Against Zelda Classic Map Design.

IN THE PURE ZELDA CLASSIC HOUSE OF MEMBERS

Ms. RAMBLY has submitted the following resolution,

referred to committee by Mr. DWEYER on this date

in the year of our Lord two thousand and twenty on this thirteenth day of the month of March.

RESOLUTION:

Impeaching Zachary Dweyer for High Crimes and Misdemeanors Against Nature, & Against Zelda Classic Map Design.

Resolved, That Zachary Dweyer of Wales, map-maker and winner of the fifty-ninth contest of such Nature in a tradition heretofore called Map of the Month; and additionally former Host of said tradition, is impeached for High Crimes and Misdemeanors against Nature & Zelda Classic Map Design; that he is called upon the Dock to explain his transgressions; that he is to be held in contempt by this Pure Zelda Classic Legislature on this day and in accordance with the convictions of Phantom Menace, Dark Nation all those that came before us &c.

ARTICLE I: HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS AGAINST ZELDA CLASSIC MAP DESIGN

The Rules, Guidelines & other such Considerations here presented and contained within the Charter §53990 "Map of the Month: Rules and Guidelines" clearly provide, "Hide any unfinished screens."  In submitting a map with such an egregious error of assembly on it, all screens cannot be said to be "finished" in accordance with any Reasonable reading of said Rules & Guidelines.

Recognized by the legislature is additionally that Mr. Dweyer was Host of the tradition of Map of the Month; in such it is considered that his crimes are of a greater magnitude, as Blindness would be a disqualifying factor in effective function as a Judge in this or any jurisdiction; and considered that Blindness is the only possible explanation for such a dumb, stupid, stupid tile error.

Heretofore, it is considered that such actions may be considered a high crime against the aforementioned Charter; & that Mr. Dweyer is advised to not submit a Map unless he Quote "takes the shit out of his eyes and tries again" end Quote.

ARTICLE II: HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS AGAINST NATURE

We here at the Pure Zelda Classic legislature hereby recognize that Nature has immutable Laws above which is ruled the Divine; and hitherto recognize that such an egregiously sloppy show of failed craftsmanship could hence cause peoples' eyes to need some sort of eyeball bleach from seeing such a travesty or Quote "barf or throw up or some shit" end Quote.  We furthermore affirm the self-evident nature of these truths as truths held in the same esteem as Quote "remember to close your corners" end Quote.

AND NOW, let it be resolved should both or any of these Articles come to pass that we must contend with Mr. Dweyer's fate; and be it resolved in such case that if Mr. Dweyer should again be considered for Host to the aforementioned Contest that he should Quote "make sure that his screens weren't put together by a dumbass idiot with sausage fingers" end Quote; and furthermore in consideration of his Role at Map of the Month or lack thereof if he should once again submit a map for the consideration of the Contest & its Purveyors that any map he submits should be subject to being made fun of by Statler and/or Waldorf from The Muppets.

Signed by Rambly in witness of the House of Members, Pure Zelda Classic.

Edited by Rambly, 13 March 2020 - 10:25 PM.

• ShadowTiger, Russ, Evan20000 and 5 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users