Photo

Screenshot of the Week 230

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 230 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite Screenshot!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

jimmyb
IPB Image

Lithium
IPB Image
Is that mountain ascending above the clouds? And how's it support a forest and interest in gardening larger than on the surface? You shot makes no sense, I voted for Migo.

Majora
IPB Image
Audi famam, Illius... Solus in hostes ruit, et patriam servavit...

Migokalle
IPB Image
Do as Lithium said, as it's good for your... some part of the body... As in, healthy...

Moonwhisper
IPB Image
Yarrrr, a pirate ship from the underground crashes through the desert? That be the most ridiculous thing I ever heard!

ZebraStallion
IPB Image
Where are all of the enemies? Link thought as he trekked through the Ingro Fields. Wait, Ingro Fields? This can't be the Pearl Of Shadows! Zeeb must be making a new quest along with it!

#2 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

Frist vote

I voted Majora beacsue it looks like that battle will be fun very fun if it is scripted right

#3 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

I lost... icon_razz.gif

JimmyB: 8/10
Lithium: 6/10
Majora: 4/10 (The graphics are cool, but that's not what I'm looking at...)
Migokalle: 8/10
Moonwhisper: 8/10

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

I'm voting for Majora this week.

jimmyb - Just add more grass detail.

Lithium - It doesn't look that special to me.

Migo - I've seen that shot so many times, go for something new.

MW - This would've been my second place vote.

ZS - Wait, why did MW submit again? Oh, this is ZS's shot. Your shot reminds me a lot of MW's style.

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 29 2008, 03:04 PM) View Post

I'm voting for Majora this week.

jimmyb - Just add more grass detail.

Lithium - It doesn't look that special to me.

MW - This would've been my second place vote.

ZS - Wait, why did MW submit again? Oh, this is ZS's shot. Your shot reminds me a lot of MW's style.

Yes, YOU have... the only way other people could have seen it, are if they've studied my map. icon_biggrin.gif
It's also got some new details in it... so... meh...
either way, it's a good screen, except fro the lock block too close to the side... but sometimes, you've gotta do hat you've gotta do. :/

#6 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

jimmyb - It's ok, nothing great. 7/10

Lithium - Is that mountain ascending above the clouds? And how's it support a forest and interest in gardening larger than on the surface? You shot makes no sense, I voted for Migo. 5/10

Majora - It's graphics and no screen design or skill! Amazing! 2/10

MW - My vote would go here. Excellent design, nice colors, etc. 8/10

ZS - It's an overall bad shot, and on top of that it's a jpg. There's nothing going on. Everything's too green and straight. Please don't use GB. 4/10

#7 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Lithium @ Sep 29 2008, 04:09 PM) View Post

jimmyb - It's ok, nothing great. 7/10

Lithium - Is that mountain ascending above the clouds? And how's it support a forest and interest in gardening larger than on the surface? You shot makes no sense, I voted for Migo. 5/10

Majora - It's graphics and no screen design or skill! Amazing! 2/10
MW - My vote would go here. Excellent design, nice colors, etc. 8/10

ZS - It's an overall bad shot, and on top of that it's a jpg. There's nothing going on. Everything's too green and straight. Please don't use GB. 4/10

Is my shot really that bad? *Sigh.* At least it's not over detailed like some shots I've seen...

#8 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

Migo, I have a suggestion, maybe you should add water effects to the seagull in the water. While I was beta testing your demo, I always think that the seagull was levitating in the air.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 29 2008, 03:12 PM) View Post

Migo, I have a suggestion, maybe you should add water effects to the seagull in the water. While I was beta testing your demo, I always think that the seagull was levitating in the air.

Hmm... I believe that would be classified as a bug... as I somehow didn't notice it before... Where are my beta testers?! xD
Thanks Tri, I'll fix it.

#10 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

jimmyb- nice screen design and love the village 8/10.

Lithium- sorry it doesnt look that that special to me but like i said love the grayscale palletes 6/10.

Majora- Nice battle screen but its really not that interesting to me 4/10.

Migo - love the shot , love the hatless link and absolutely the detail on it and the parrot in the lake 9/10

MoonWhisper My vote would go here of course i think it shows excellent use of the EGBZ tileset , love the detail, pirates under the sand, crabs , summer pallete , basically everything 10/10.

ZebraStallion ummm nice screen design but where are the enemies and ummm the screen looks kind of squared and if your going to use that blue tree or purple tree dont just put 1 put at least 2 or 3, it makes the screen look really and colorful =) 5/10.

I vote for MoonWhisper good job! icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:26 PM

I really fail to see how ZS is similar to my style... I'm pretty sure I know my own style. Flattery won't get you anywhere, Dawnlight. I'm not one to leave that much plain green on the screen, either... I really don't like the road tiles, and you need to edit the mountain tiles to make 'em better, honestly, as keeping them the way they are just puts too much green on the screen. And the JPGness kills it as well.

#12 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

Really tough choice, all of them are nice. But, seeing as how its Z3, going for Moonwhisper.

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Sep 29 2008, 04:26 PM) View Post

I really fail to see how ZS is similar to my style... I'm pretty sure I know my own style. Flattery won't get you anywhere, Dawnlight. I'm not one to leave that much plain green on the screen, either... I really don't like the road tiles, and you need to edit the mountain tiles to make 'em better, honestly, as keeping them the way they are just puts too much green on the screen. And the JPGness kills it as well.

Well if that comment insulted you then my apologies.

Yeah I can see what you mean. I see that you a lot more colors in your GB shots plus you add extra stuff so it doesn't look plain .

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

jimmyb:7/10
Good shot. I'd recommend some more skillful object placement on the southern edge, but it's a nice shot otherwise.
Lithium: 6/10
This isn't one of your better shots. icon_confused.gif It feels rather empty and monotonous, like you could have done something more the the cliffs or clouds...
Majora: 5/10
It's ripped graphics. Having ripped/recolored some higher resolution graphics myself, I know that it's not easy, but I can't vote on a screen that has no design factor. By the way, that subscreen is really, really distracting.
Migokalle: 8/10
Great screen, although the style is a little bit stale... make more areas! icon_razz.gif
Moonwhisper: 8/10
Good screen- the mountains are straight, but it flows well. Nicely done, but I've gotta question the placement of the stone structure. Having it just off the corner of the screen is not conducive to gameplay.
ZebraStallion: 7/10
Good shot, but nothing really screams out. Just a little above average GB screen.

All in all, I had to go with Moonwhisper, because I think his shot is less stale than Migokalle's entry. Nice week everyone.

#15 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

I'm amazed how there is a rough alternation on a per-3 week (or so, varies) basis between voting on a shot based on who made it and/or the pretty colors, and voting based on actual design... guess I must've picked a bad week to enter xD

Edited by Majora, 29 September 2008 - 04:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users