Whip item, and maaaybe tunics

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

I was thinking about having a whip as an item in my quest. Basically it would be like the hookshot in function. If you use it on certain tiles it would wrap around and pull you over gaps. It could also be used to attack enemies. It would have maybe four tiles of range too.

Would this be possible to make? I'm really hoping to have it in my quest. icon_smile.gif

I also wanted to ask about tunics. This is just an idea I had, not sure how practical it is. Could you have different tunics as items, that work like the ones in OoT? I was thinking about having the Red and Blue tunics available as items, but if it's really hard to do then forget about it.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:41 AM

The whip could be done by changing the graphics of the hookshot. If you want damage and the length to be different, you can change that yourself in the item editor. A script is not necessary.

#3 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:43 AM

Really? That's a lot easier than I imagined. Thanks!

EDIT: BTW, I think I've heard that to make an enemy that's more than 1 tile large, you have to script it. I want to make a simple Gerudo enemy and a Wolfos enemy that hurts you for one heart if you touch it. The sprite I found for the Gerudo is 2-tiles tall, so I'm not sure how you'd do that. If it's not too difficult I'd like to ask for that as well.

Edited by Rossk, 27 July 2009 - 02:00 AM.

#4 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE(Rossk @ Jul 27 2009, 07:35 AM) View Post
I also wanted to ask about tunics. This is just an idea I had, not sure how practical it is. Could you have different tunics as items, that work like the ones in OoT? I was thinking about having the Red and Blue tunics available as items, but if it's really hard to do then forget about it.

A bit like this?

#5 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, just like that.

#6 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

I can touch that up for you if you want.
Not for two weeks though; I'm on holiday.

#7 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

That'd be great. I was thinking about making the red tunic just make you be able to walk over lava, then the blue one would be like the mermaid suit in OoA, where you can swim in deep water (assuming that's possible, if not just make it like the flippers). Thanks!

#8 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Mermaid Suit is possible, but I wouldn't wanna write it.

#9 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

That's fine, just make it allow him to swim like the flippers do.

Edited by Rossk, 27 July 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#10 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

I've got a question. I'm pretty sure this would have to do with scripting. Could I make it so for small portions at a time you could play as Zelda, then go back to playing as Link? It seems to me like it would function similar to the tunics, except you'd have to disable the uses of items (I think you don't need scripting to do this, but not positive). If you have to script this, would it be too hard to do this as well? It would be much appreciated. icon_smile.gif

#11 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

You mean like in Paper Mario, during the Princess sequences?

#12 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Yes. It'd be exactly like that. After you beat a dungeon you then play as Zelda somewhere else, complete a small puzzle, mix in a cutscene, then it goes back to Link.

Edited by Rossk, 29 July 2009 - 04:15 PM.

#13 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

a custom item with link tile modifiers will suffice, really.

#14 Rossk

Rossk

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

I'm not sure how to do that. =/

Edited by Rossk, 29 July 2009 - 07:29 PM.

#15 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

Easy-ish. Copy all of Link's tiles into a set of rows directly beneath the original, make sure 'full/expanded Link tile modifiers' quest rule is checked, then change all of the second set of Link tiles to Zelda. Now, for removing the 'Zelda' item...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users