Block puzzles in correlation to shutter doors

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:58 PM

They trigger the room's secrets, but don't set the room secret's flag as true. 

I imagine it wouldn't be a big deal to let the designer change this in future versions of ZQuest.

#17 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:31 PM

They trigger the room's secrets, but don't set the room secret's flag as true. 

I imagine it wouldn't be a big deal to let the designer change this in future versions of ZQuest.

Oh, you just want the SECRET FLAG to be permanent? Not the block movement itself?
...Is it... not permanent already? I thought it was, presuming you aren't on a dungeon dmap...

#18 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:30 AM

Oh, you just want the SECRET FLAG to be permanent? Not the block movement itself?
...Is it... not permanent already? I thought it was, presuming you aren't on a dungeon dmap...

Correct, just the secret flag. And according to the comments here, blocks don't trigger it for any dmap type so secrets are always temporary. Worth looking into.

Hey dumbos it's geoffrey here ready to blow ur mindz

Put the top two combos of the door on layer 3 or 4. Then put two step triggers underneath on layer 0. When Link walks back into the room, he'll immediately trigger the secrets, the door will open, and it will function as if it were a proper NES shutter. No scripts needed.

Or use the script. It's up to you. You kids have it sooooo easy these days.

Well yeah, but having the shutters close again is a bit more complicated.

#19 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:34 PM

As people said, block puzzle secrets are temporary, and lots of quests out there suffer from this.

#20 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:11 PM

Well yeah, but having the shutters close again is a bit more complicated.

A little, I suppose. To have the shutters close again, just put a Reset Screen combo on the floor next to the door.

#21 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:06 AM

A little, I suppose. To have the shutters close again, just put a Reset Screen combo on the floor next to the door.

But then the doors would close as you're trying to walk through them after doing the block puzzle. You can't secret flag them either because then they'd go away after coming back though the door and stepping on the triggers too, so it'd be pointless.

#22 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:06 AM

But then the doors would close as you're trying to walk through them after doing the block puzzle. You can't secret flag them either because then they'd go away after coming back though the door and stepping on the triggers too, so it'd be pointless.

...Step->Next (Copycat) under the open shutter, making the reset combo appear where you are about to walk?

• ShadowTiger likes this

#23 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

That could work. Just hope no-one walks into the doorway then back out.

Another way would be, when re-entering the screen, side warp to an identical dummy screen with an open shutter and direct warps just beyond the doorway to warp back to the original screen.

#24 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:45 PM

I thought of this immediately after I shut down my computer. Major Doofus, reporting for doody.

Your solution is the one that I'd likely have used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users