Fire torch candle puzzle

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:36 AM

The point is that I do not have internet beside on my handy most of the time and to handle sites with a handy can be difficult sometimes. Because of that I really don't want to do things like signing in in sites where I could miss something significant and get in real trouble.

The upload here is still "pending" so either staff has no time for it (what I think is the case) or they really am discussing if it is OK for me to upload it as demo.

http://tempsend.com/0A9E1589FEthank you for the link, Jared.

[Edit] The Example 1 demo was still pending so I just deleted it and won't try again to upload something this way again. The Demo 1 has nothing to do with it btw.

Edited by Naru, 16 April 2016 - 02:50 AM.

#17 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:03 PM

Okay, so I have it partially working. The only problem now is that if a torch burns out before I finish lighting the rest, then I light another torch, the re-light the torch that burns out, the secret is triggered and suddenly, all the torches are lit. Any idea why this can be happening?

#18 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:11 PM

Have you flag 95 on the secret combo (Burn) for the lit torch (the one that cycles?) You can put a flag there with clicking it while ctrl is pushed.
  • Phosphor likes this

#19 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:24 PM

I do have flag 95 set placed on each torch. This is the setup I have:

Unlit torch 1 (Inherent flag 16; present in the room upon entry; cycles immediately to unlit torch 2)

Unlit torch 2 (Inherent flag 4)

16 lit torch tiles that cycle through each other before cycling back to unlit torch 2.

Burn secret combo is set to the first lit torch in the cycle.

Secret combo 1 (flag 16) is set to the perma-lit torch.

Flag 95 as a manually placed flag on each unlit torch.

Screen data: Hit all triggers -> Perma-secret ✓, hit all triggers -> 16-31

Edited by Phosphor, 15 April 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#20 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

You have to set the flag 95 manually also onto the burn secret combo, click the combo (burn → blue candle) like you want to change it but press ctrl while doing so. This way the flag type window pops up.

Press f if the secret combos for Layer 0 is open and you can also see there the flags, the burn secret combo should have 2 flags (95 manually and 16 from the lit torch).
  • Lightwulf and Phosphor like this

#21 Phosphor

Phosphor

Pixelating

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

Ah, it finally works! Thank you very much!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fire, torch, candle, puzzle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users