Photo

Screenshot of the Week 631

Sheik FireSeraphim Zaxaphone Joelmacool

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 631 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

FireSeraphim
FireSeraphim.png
"Our hero Link once again finds himself in a distant and unexplored portion of the Lost Woods, seeking to unravel it's ancient mysteries."

Sheik
Sheik.png

Zaxaphone
Zaxaphone.png
"And so, Link slayed the Leviathans, until nothing but their Item Drops remained."

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
e

Edited by Neptune, 15 October 2017 - 10:18 PM.
Original images restored, extras removed

• Cukeman and Joelmacool like this

#2 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Awesome round, I like all of these screens a lot.

FireSeraphim: I like what you are doing with those bigger trees, the small ones are certainly not as impressive. The whole atmosphere is pulled off very well and these graphics are very nice. However, I feel you are missing a chance by not doing more with the transparent foliage, you could have much more detail with it. I also think there is too few vegetation for a distant and unexplored part of the forest, you'd expect that part to be much harder to travel through because of the trees and bushes. Anyway, I like where you are going with this screen.

Zaxaphone: While you weren't very creative with the whole screen design, this was obviously intentional for the battle taking place there. In that sense, the screen is well designed, but think it kind off lacks the interesting look a SotW screen needs. I really like the flooring here and the BS walls are always sweet. Those blocks clash a little with their thick border, I think, but it's good overall.

Joel: I like how you bring the overworld into a dungeon with this screen, but I'm unsure about the classic trees in this context. The other graphics are much more detailed and thus they clash a lot. But this screen design is great and I like how all elements with together real nicely. This would've gotten my vote if not for the trees, I think.

But I've voted for Sheik. That's a really nice design and the graphical style is pleasing. This might be useless advice, but I feel you need to be more careful with the shading of some of the graphics. Some of the shading is far more detailed than the original BS graphics. But, things don't clash and it's still an awesome screen.

Edited by Twilight Knight, 09 October 2017 - 11:32 AM.

• Joelmacool likes this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

FireSeraphim - Pretty unique screen you have here, the large trees look very cool. The mix of FYS and custom tiles is also very interesting and works quite nicely.

Sheik - Wow this looks awesome. Definitely fits the desert theme very well and I really like those poles. I assume those were inspired by OoT. Really good effort here.

Zaxaphone - I like the mix of dungeon/overworld tiles here and the palette looks quite nice. I never actually noticed this at first but the walls at the top and bottom are actually done wrong. The middle parts are fine, but to the sides don't look quite right. Take a look here for a comparison. I probably would've told you earlier but I never noticed until now lol. Good effort anyway.

Joelmacool - e. I definitely like the overall structure of this screen, everything works very nicely. I really like the forest/swamp theme you're going for here, and that subscreen looks very nice and clean.

I voted for Sheik this week, but definitely a good contest.

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

Really nice stuff this week everyone!

Random notes: In Fire's screen, the tektite looks like one of the newer headcrabs in HL2. Great flavor/vibe Sheik. Zaxarone's moldorms look great, very alien and creepy. Nice Woodfall vibes Joel.

Layout-wise I'd have to vote for Fire or Sheik, but can't make the choice.

#5 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

Tough choice this week, but I voted for FireSeraphim.

#6 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:26 AM

RIP sotw screens right now. They're not showing.

Glad I already voted (for Sheik, though I can't explain why) :D

• Twilight Knight and Matthew like this

#7 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

RIP sotw screens right now. They're not showing.

Glad I already voted (for Sheik, though I can't explain why) :D

Added in some images so things can continue. :)

#8 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

With 44.90% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 631 is Sheik!

Sheik.png

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- FireSeraphim - 18 votes [36.73%]
- Sheik - 22 votes [44.90%]
- Zaxaphone - 1 vote [2.04%]
- Joelmacool - 8 votes [16.33%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sheik, FireSeraphim, Zaxaphone, Joelmacool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users