Hah! :D

zelda021_zps41ba692f.png

Amazing ;)

#34 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Is there a spin attack in this game? I'm unsure how to get around the 2nd fixed rule in what I believe is the final dungeon.

#35 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:38 AM

This is a pretty fun quest, imo. It is cruel, unfair, and short. There have been some improvements suggested in this thread that I think would really make this formula shine, if you ever go at it again. But what you have here is a very solid concept. I am currently in Level 3 with 15 rules. The rules are:

• Don't Release ghosts from graves.
  • Don't get hit by boomerangs.
  • Don't use the sword while facing right. I've died a lot cause of this.
  • Don't kill butterflies (reasonable, but tricky when they spawn randomely lol)
  • No map buttom. This is circumvented by a minor bug I found (see below)
  • No candle in graveyard dungeon. This was a doozy for me cause it was my main attack after no sword facing right, then it was followed by:
  • Don't use the sme B button itme twice.
  • Can't use health tiles. Didn't rely on them much anyway cause I thought a rule would soon take these away.
  • Don't step on flowers. Fair enough. Did die once though because of it lol.
  • Can't kill enemies on full health. This is one has killed me the most, actually.
  • Don't let wallmasters retreat. Haven't dealt with this yet., Will probably forget, and die several times. :D
  • No bombs in caves. Hasn't mattered yet.
  • Kill all octorocks. This one is another one that is easy to forget sometimes.
  • Don't touch your own flames. Thankfully, this is second nature to me anyway.
  • Use your sword every 20 seconds. This is just mean.

There are a few bugs, and exploits I found, which I posted in the comments. It is possible to view the map if you hold the map button while the quest loads, or while going from a cave or interior area to the overworld/ dungeon This wont work on screen transitions though, if that makes sense. The "no double use B item" rule can be gotten around by simply tapping L, then R really quick, or vice versa. Not sure if that was the intention, but it also ignores double uses if you go to another screen. Sometimes, the no killing enemies on full health rule won't work either. When I start in the 'meaning of life' area, I can kill the first enemy on full health and not die. It will also sometimes ignore the no double B item rule completely sometimes. Not sure why. This isn't a bug, but a controller thing, but it is possible to slash to the right if you slash in any other direction, the tap right one frame later. Link will safely finish the slash animation to the right.

#36 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:48 AM

This is a pretty fun quest, imo. It is cruel, unfair, and short. There have been some improvements suggested in this thread that I think would really make this formula shine, if you ever go at it again. But what you have here is a very solid concept.

I agree, I think it's a great concept that hasn't yet reached its full potential. You should make a sequel.

#37 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:05 PM

I'm gonna give this quest the update it deserves. Some rules are obnoxious and the randomization can screw you over hard.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Find better alternatives for the really bad rules like "Don't use the sword while facing left/right", "Don't get hit while using the sword", "Don't kill enemies on full health" and "No map".

A little more control to the randomness, for example by putting all the hardest rules in one group and making it so you get one of those as every 5th rule.

Replacing the extra minutes a little better. Their intention is to reward you for exploring optional caves.

Stopping the timer in the white sword dungeon.

I feel like updating old quests like this is kind of a waste of time that could be spend on newer quests instead and also most people already played it. But on the other hand this will make the quest somewhat better and I can't exactly keep this quest in it's current state. :) Lemme know what you think.

• Anthus, Shane, Moosh and 2 others like this

#38 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:04 PM

A little more control to the randomness, for example by putting all the hardest rules in one group and making it so you get one of those as every 5th rule.

That sounds like a really good idea, actually. I dunno how hard it would be, but you could have like a difficulty setting where the amount of hard rules either goes up, or down. This is not something I'm requesting personally, just a thought.

• Avaro likes this

#39 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:24 PM

Makes sense. I don't recall having that much trouble with the original version of the quest, but more accessibility is always a nice thing. 

• Avaro likes this

#40 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:41 PM

So, the boss after Ganon? How do I prevent them from teleporting ON me while I'm slashing with the "don't get hurt by slashing" rule?

• Avaro likes this

#41 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:10 PM

My main complaint about the game is that, while some of the rules are unfair by themselves, breaking any of them is always instant death. That is what makes this quest so mean and straight up unfair. This quest would be a lot more reasonable if the game didn't instagib you for breaking any of the rules.

Suggestions:

• Make the penalty something unpleasant, like getting jinxed for a few seconds or causing damage. Instant death as a punishment is insane and really lazy.
  • Maybe have a "Three strikes" system - you are warned twice for breaking rules and then finally you die if you break rules a third time. These strikes fade over time. This would make it far more lenient because now the player no longer gets instagibbed for breaking rules the first time.
  • Grouping the rules together into categories based on their effect and rotate them with each other. Maybe have a maximum of 10 rules active, with one real bad one and 9 others; which rotate with each other. This prevents the number of rules from being overwhelming.
  • Limiting the number of rules you get early on and keeping the bad rules out of the early game. This would give a new player more room to settle into the game before getting killed constantly because of the rules.

• Avaro likes this

#42 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

Finished the update and submitted!

The changes:

- The worst rules have been replaced with better ones.
- Now featuring controlled randomness, to give you rules based on a difficulty rotation.
- Added options at the beginning. You can now play without rules, or with more frequent rules or start with all rules active!
- Extra minutes are changed to give you 2 minutes, but are placed more carefully.
- Improved final boss.
- And minor changes here and there.

Edited by Avataro, 21 August 2018 - 10:37 PM.

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 1 other like this

#43 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:59 AM

I like what you did with the final boss. That rule was extremely misleading. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users