Photo

2 Week Discord Contest - QUESTS & POLL

poll quests discord contest 2 week

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: 2 Week Discord Contest Polls

Best overall?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most creative quest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Quest you'd most like to see developed further?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

A while back on discord, I asked if anyone would be interested in a 2 week contest just for fun. These quests are the result of that very contest happening.

---

Maniac

by Lunaria

Gs4kzsO.png

Short quest made over the course of the last day of the contest, don't expect something long or 2 week tier! Should be at least interesting in some regards though.

Download quest here

Zee Legend of Zeelda

by Avataro

sI5IDnv.png

Warning: only like 25% of the planned content got finished.

Download quest here

4 Fiends

by Dimentio

wNntta9.png

4 kids enter a mysterious temple in search of adventure. What could await them?

Download quest here

slimeboy

by Geoffrey

AtIsT3P.png

Download quest here

The polls will remain open for 10 days before determining a winner.

Edited by Eddy finish AR3, 01 December 2017 - 04:32 PM.

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 4 others like this

#2 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

The link to Avataro's quest is broken, there's a colon missing after "https".

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Not sure what happened there xD

https://www.dropbox....Zeelda.zip?dl=0

#4 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Also, first glitch report on that quest (which is very enjoyable so far): in the Levitated Palace, while I was standing on a narrow ledge, I got pushed into a hole by the wind, and then Link kept reappearing right there and I kept getting pushed back into the hole. I didn't have time or space to do anything about it, so it went on until I ran out of life.

• Avaro and Deedee like this

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

Also, first glitch report on that quest (which is very enjoyable so far): in the Levitated Palace, while I was standing on a narrow ledge, I got pushed into a hole by the wind, and then Link kept reappearing right there and I kept getting pushed back into the hole. I didn't have time or space to do anything about it, so it went on until I ran out of life.

Oh, i know exactly how I could reproduce that and know of a possible fix too. Thanks for reporting.

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

Pretty nice turnout for this, entries are definitely unique and interesting. Gonna quickly go through them all:

Maniac - This was a neat miniquest. The dungeon was quite fun to play through and definitely got me confused in some places (didn't realise I missed out a Blue Darknut somewhere for a key lol). The difficulty was quite spot on, no parts were too hard or too easy and the music choices were very nice. Nice Minecraft music at the beginning there :P I don't really have any major issues with the quest, though I noticed that the wind weapon seemed to be horribly underused for puzzles and stuff (only seemed to have used it once), and the triggers for that seemed to be kinda inconsistent with other places (I was able to use wind on a torch surrounded by water, but wasn't elsewhere with the same layout). I also wonder what you would do if you happen to run out of bombs early on, since that seemed to be the only thing to kill Darknuts with. I imagine you would be permastuck if you accidentally saved after running out of bombs. Maybe some way to refill on stuff early on would be nice (though it could break other things, so I don't really know what else you could do lol). But anyways, nice job with this one, I enjoyed it.

Zee Legend of Zeelda - I really loved this demo. You pulled off the ninja theme very well, and the quest is really well made so far. The Levitated Palace dungeon was really nice and the flying ability added so much to the quest. Felt really nice flying over all your enemies :P Puzzles were interesting and the difficulty was pretty spot on. The music was really nice, I dunno where you got the music from but they fit so well with the quest. I haven't got any complaints or critiques with this one, except finish quest pl0x.

4 Fiends - Definitely an interesting start with that dungeon. The design of this looks really nice, the custom tilework done so far is really good. I've seen images and stuff of the overworld elsewhere and that looks quite nice too. Looking forward to seeing what this quest will lead on to, the part where the 4 Fiends are introduced are quite interesting. The puzzles were definitely creative and nice, but they're probably too cryptic for me in some places. I honestly would have never figured out the torch puzzle if I didn't ask someone what to do, but when I found out, it made perfect sense to me lol. I think the bigger issue was with the Boss Key puzzle. That one seemed to be poorly designed IMO, since I found myself easily getting trapped on the left side when accidentally pushing blocks all over the place, and forced me to F6. There was also no way for me to tell that it was resembling the torch room either, until I asked someone again, so I think a more obvious hint would've helped there IMO. Anyways, nice demo, probably need to fix up that Boss Key puzzle a bit to make sure people don't trap themselves, but other than that good job.

slimeboy - Easily the most creative out of the bunch for me. Never thought I would end up seeing a Pacman remake of some sort in this lol, but yeah that was nicely done. The music brought me way back to my childhood when I used to be addicted to the Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move games, so that was very nice to hear. The custom sound effects are pretty hilarious, especially the death one. But yeah, this was very refreshing to play. Very nice job with this one!

Overall, here are my votes:

Best Overall - Zee Legend of Zeelda

Most Creative Quest - Slimeboy

Quest That I Want To See Developed Further - Zee Legend of Zeelda

Hopefully I will have the time to take part in any future ones next time, but this went well IMO :P

• Shane, Avaro and Matthew like this

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

Alrighty, well this was fun. The entries certainly weren't as expansive as in prior 2 week contests, but it was kinda nice having some bite-sized miniquests to work through.

Maniac: I really wanted this one to be my favorite. I love the premise and the atmosphere, and the execution isn't even particularly bad. However, a few rooms seem a bit all over the place with regards to the difficulty curve (a room with 4 bats and two stalfos in particular), but this might just be cuz I didn't explore properly. With a bit of polish and balance, this could be fantastic. I'd love to see the idea expanded in future quests. It's got my vote for most creative

Zee Legend of Zelda: Despite the scripted subscreen and blocks, I couldn't help but feel like I'd fallen through a portal back to 2.5. It was pretty fun in a retro sort of way, and I love the float item. It definitely suffers from "Not enough time" syndrome though. I'd love to see this one finished; it's got potential. Coolgamer is wrong about the trees.

Four Fiends: Speaking of not enough time... this was probably my favorite of the bunch, despite its short length. I liked the puzzles and the atmosphere, and I enjoyed the character banter, which did an excellent job fleshing out the characters in such a short space. Now you just need to finish it. Don't you dare Eternal Curse me here Dimentio! (Gets my vote for best overall and want to see developed further).

Slimeboy: This was about exactly what I've come to expect from Geoffrey two week entries. Simple, fun, quirky, and if nothing else, unique.

I hope we all learned a valuable lesson in budgeting time here folks. Shoutout to Lunaria for making a quest about as long as Avataro's and Dimentio's in 1/14 the time. :P
  • Eddy, Avaro, Deedee and 1 other like this

#8 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

Don't you dare Eternal Curse me here Dimentio! 

Oh don't worry, I'll Eternal Curse you big time!  :superevil: 

(Thanks for your thoughts!)

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

A lot of great entries here... Hard to decide which to vote for! Maniac has a brilliant concept and atmosphere but I have to agree with Russ on that one room with the bats (only screen that really "spiked" for me). Zee Legend of Zeelda was a really solid and polished experience despite being incomplete and I really liked the final area and item a lot! Four Fiends is a great introduction to a interesting idea for a quest, I enjoyed the puzzles and dialogue quite a bit. The torch room was a bit cryptic though. And Slimeboy is just loads of fun and full of creativity.

I think regarding best overall, I have to say that Zee Legend of Zeelda barely got my vote. I liked all the entries and this was a really tough choice.

Most creative is going to Slimeboy for obvious reasons. Not something I expected to see in ZC lol.

Four Fiends I'd like to see developed further. I felt Zee Legend of Zeelda had a more fulfilling experience but with Four Fiends, it ended on a note where I wanted to see what happens next. Not to say this was a bad thing, it definitely hooked me into wanting to see more so you did something right!

And shoutout to Maniac for the best use of time. If that was a category I would've voted for it in regards to that.

• Avaro likes this

#10 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:12 AM

A little bit late, but...

Congrats to our winners! 

Best overall:

Zee Legend of Zeelda (7 votes [70.00%])

4 Fiends (2 votes [20.00%])

Maniac (1 votes [10.00%])

slimeboy (0 votes [0.00%])

Most creative:

Maniac (4 votes [40.00%])
slimeboy (3 votes [30.00%])
4 Fiends (2 votes [20.00%])
Zee Legend of Zeelda (1 votes [10.00%])

Quest you'd most like to see developed further:

4 Fiends (6 votes [60.00%])
Zee Legend of Zeelda (4 votes [40.00%])
Maniac (0 votes [0.00%])
slimeboy (0 votes [0.00%])

Further votes will not be counted, but feel free to play and continue discussing the quests.

• Shane, Eddy and Bagu like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll, quests, discord, contest, 2 week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users