Photo

Kirby Mass Attack

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

I know there was a thread made about the new Kirby game for Wii, which I'm more excited about and can't wait for, but I figure this game deserves a mention as well:

There was a demo on the Nintendo Channel on Wii, so I downloaded and played it. I was already iffy on it because of the premise, and that it was yet another "Kirby game that isn't a Kirby game." Then, I groaned when I discovered the whole thing is played via touch screen. But as it progressed... I actually had fun with it. It probably won't have the deepest plot or the most difficult objectives, but it was neat, and fun, and had a few secrets and was just a good overall diversion. Colorful, pretty graphics too with a nice soundtrack.

If I didn't have a bigger list of high-priority games this year that I'd rather have, I would definitely pick this title up. If anyone has a Wii with internet access and any DS, at least go try the demo. And play it with the same expectations I had. You just might be surprised.

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

They have it on the Nintendo Channel?!
Damn Homebrew Channel, I might as well delete you for Skyward Sword and KWii...
Anyway, this game looks grand. I saw the minigames, they're extremely spectacular! I'm actually going to delete the Homebrew Channel soon, just to play the demo. Sorry, Animal Crossing! Have fun with zero grass. xD

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:49 AM

Why do you need to do that? You just download the demo from the Nintendo Channel using DS Download Play... icon_blah.gif

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

I'll try out the demo, but the trailer turned me off honestly, looks boring.
But hey, first impressions can always be wrong. I honestly am tired of
controlling multiple characters though, it started with DKC didn't it?
It was novel for a while.

*is a Kirby fan*

#5 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(Jared @ Sep 11 2011, 01:19 AM) View Post

They have it on the Nintendo Channel?!
Damn Homebrew Channel, I might as well delete you for Skyward Sword and KWii...
Anyway, this game looks grand. I saw the minigames, they're extremely spectacular! I'm actually going to delete the Homebrew Channel soon, just to play the demo. Sorry, Animal Crossing! Have fun with zero grass. xD

Wait- what does Skyward Sword and Kirby Wii have anything to do with the Homebrew Channel? I don't get it, you just need the Nintendo Channel ;x

Anyways, I just beat the demo, the controls are okay, it does feel like more of a Kirby game than Epic Yarn or Canvas Curse, but it's still a bit awkward. I probably won't end up buying it I don't think, but it seems like a decent Kirby game.

#6 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Sep 11 2011, 01:49 AM) View Post

Why do you need to do that? You just download the demo from the Nintendo Channel using DS Download Play... icon_blah.gif

I know, but you need your Wii Connected to the internet to do that ,and I can't connect with the Homebrew Channel on my Wii icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(Rover @ Sep 11 2011, 06:38 AM) View Post

Wait- what does Skyward Sword and Kirby Wii have anything to do with the Homebrew Channel? I don't get it, you just need the Nintendo Channel ;x

You need to update your Wii to play new Wii games, and if you do with the Homebrew Channel on your Wii, it could delete it, or brick the entire Wii D:

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

First off Jared, what did you do to your Wii? I have the Homebrew Channel, and it works fine with the internet. Furthermore, if you do update you Wii, the worst it will do it get rid of the Homebrew Channel, and you can easily reinstall it using Smash Stack (which, due to the way it works, is impossible for Nintendo to find a workaround for). So you're good, unless you really screwed something up big time.

#8 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

I just use it to restore my grass in Animal Crossing, nothing more. I keep it off the internet, because I'm afraid of automatic updates.
And I used SS, it was so easy icon_razz.gif

#9 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:43 AM

Just update to v4.1 (last version to allow region free support) and use a hack to disable the online/disc updates. You can then go and play your games online etc. without issue. been that way for months, if not years.

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

... So... anyone else play the demo? Or have thoughts on the game itself? Anyone? icon_unsettled.gif

#11 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Yesh, I played the demo, and I was the one that told you about it. icon_lol.gif I thought it was great fun. It's definitely going to be in my game collection at some point in time, maybe not right away, but eventually. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

You guys know how American Kirby covers give Kirby "the angry eyebrows" when in the Japanese version he's always smiling and cute? You'd've thought they'd grow out of that by now since it's been several years. I mean, check out the Japanese box art:

IPB Image

In its defense, there's an "Angreh Kirbeh" on this cover already, but the rest of the Kirbys have various cute expressions. Neat little cover right? We would be fine if they just translated the title then release it over here, right?

WRONG!!

IPB Image

This time, we see angry eyebrow Kirby yet again. And a couple others in the background have the eyebrows as well. Kirby might be smiling in this one, but it is clearly a sadistic grin as, over the years and as you can tell by his duplicates in the background, he has learned to enjoy pummeling the s*** out of creatures with gusto. And now he's got more of himself to spread the love around, but it's just not enough; you can clearly see one Kirby attacking another Kirby!

It is clear in my mind that Kirby's going down a dark and violent road. If there's blood in the next Kirby game, I wouldn't be surprised. the cute little pink puffball we knew and loved is no more, instead replaced with a brutal version that enjoys destroying other things, not just by eating them, but with his fists. Which is a bit more brutal than swallowing them, I say!

[/interpretation from the point of view of a conspiracy theorist which I'm not]

... that was fun. Now back to wanting to get this game and Kirby Wii at some point. icon_heh.gif

#13 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

I'm still debating on whether to get this on release or shortly after release.Working in the games department, it's hard not to get it on time when the product is staring at you most of the day <_>

#14 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

Little Bump

I bought the game tonight and have played through the first 4 levels. As a game that uses Touch Screen controls only, I can say it does this very well. Also, controlling an army of 10 Kirbys is awesome.

Definitely recommend this game. It is the best Touch Screen game I've played thus far.

#15 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

I had bought a copy of this on Wednesday, but I haven't played anything of it yet. I'm playing FFIIIDS, but I will make a post in here after I play it, and tell you my thoughts on it. I loved the demo downloaded off the Nintendo Channel on my Wii, and I truly think the touch screen controls for this are perfectly executed. icon_biggrin.gif Will post again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users