💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Download Link

395qsfl.png

Map 44, Screen 04

Notes:

• Updated the ice torch sprites a little.
  • Updated my cameo sprite from a small project I was working on.
  • Error post-upload: head statues are walkable. Oof. If someone wants to fix that, that'd be great.

• Anthus likes this

#542 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

[claim]

EDIT:

4sv56g8upge5asf4g.jpg

Was gonna do something more important, forgot what it was, and instead just made a level 4 screen.

Also, fixed the issue from Shane's screen by making the heads just unwalkable.

http://www.mediafire...16-s42.qst/file

EDIT: Also, forgot to say that I edited my lavafall screen (southmost part of Lit Landing) slightly so it fits slightly better with Binx's one underneath. I added a tree.

Edited by klop422, 17 August 2018 - 04:41 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#543 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:56 AM

Quest file.

I took an easy one here with screen 67. You can catch a glimpse of the carnival area from this screen.

0agDSq0.png

#544 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:59 AM

[CLAIM]

#545 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:12 AM

So here's an overworld all-up diagram showing the rough playable progression of the quest to this point:

1sm-ow-allup-v4-paths.png

What you see here are the primary paths between major locations, and the main items needed for progression.

The colors of the primary paths change every time you reach a new level, indicated by the "LEVEL-#" header, whereas secondary paths are always indicated by green.

Items are also color-outlined, and the colors reflect which items are accessible when you reach every new level. Actual items are listed by icon and name; icons by themselves are where those items are used. Items for sale are indicated by their price in rupees [###R] at the end of their name. Again, not every shop or secret item is listed - only the main items.

Observations / Suggestions:

* There's a lot of things available to the player before entering L1. The Underlit Landing, the two Ravaged Skyline dungeon (?) entrances, the Caverns, whatever's going to be behind the white-mountain lock block at the mid-right of the map, the Red Ring shop... it should be considered if we want these areas to be friendly to pre-L1 access, to be available but for skilled players only, or to block the player entirely. This includes placement of whichever Wallet allows the 666-Rupee price of the Red Ring to be met. My suggestion: Wallet allowing 666+ rupees doesn't become available until after or during L5 (Monstro Carnival).

* The Short-Shot will become useless during L3 when the player gains the Flippers, rendering the grab points on Screen 78 irrelevant. My suggestion: provide it in the Underlit Landing as an item that stuns but doesn't damage, and have the area rank around an L2 challenge level. The item can then be used on the way back to L1, between the grab points on Screen 3A.

* Sword (L2) area should be some kind of mini-cave trial zone, not just a single screen with a free item handout.

* The Blue Ring can be purchased before starting L3. Head left after entering Misery Ruins and follow the green path toward the Rainbow Islands area. Use the Hammer from L2 to access the southern bridges and reach the shop.

* Din's Fire is required to open the shutters of the green dungeon structure on Screen 47 by simultaneously lighting all 4 torches. This area becomes accessible after L2. There is a secret cave above Misery Ruins on Screen 3D. My suggestion: Din's Fire in the 3D cave. Early access to green area if desired.

* Fire items should be disabled in L4, the underwater dungeon. Partly in case anybody thinks L4 is too early to have Din's Fire, partly because it just makes sense. (Not that Din's Fire works on Wizzrobes anyway, but who knows what else might become a common enemy.)

* The green area - Discord discussion:

Lüt: Could just be something relatively simple. Magic & Heart container?

Level splits into 2 sides perhaps.
Anthus: or that, something simple
Maybe the green area could have some sort of dungeon area that you revisit with more and more items, and you can get.. stuff? Hearts, magic, bomb/ arrow expansions, etc?
Lüt: Yeah, could be.
Anthus: That would be interesting, and make it not just another cave/ side area
Lüt: Actually, no reason a lot of people with a lot of different shops couldn't be living there?
Anthus: exactly.
like some sort of refugee encampment in some castle ruins..,
Lüt: Makes sense they'd have an entry barrier.
Elite stuffage :MahBoi:
Anthus: This is the stuff that all true heroes strive for!

* L7 is accessible after L3.

* Raft price could probably be reduced from 200 to 100. In general, I don't think required items should be behind notably steep paywalls, especially since this one's singular purpose is allowing access to L2.

Anyway, this isn't a thing I'm going to be updating on any kind of regular basis. The next time there's significant progress on the overworld - that is, enough to warrant a new all-up map - I'll also update this. Until then, it outlines the current general progression clearly enough. Refer to the lists by Anthus for comprehensive entry/item details and routine updates.

• Anthus, Shane, David and 1 other like this

#546 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

Just dropping this here as well, but here is an imgur album with every screen made up until this point.

https://imgur.com/a/OWzPlwK

• Lüt and Formidable like this

#547 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:51 PM

Anthus, that is an amazing amount of work done so that we can all see this.  Thanks!

Just noticed that Lut had done the big write up as well.  Thanks extends to you as well!

Edited by jerome, 18 August 2018 - 09:19 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#548 Formidable

Formidable

• Members

Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

* Raft price could probably be reduced from 200 to 100. In general, I don't think required items should be behind notably steep paywalls, especially since this one's singular purpose is allowing access to L2.

Anybody working on the quest file hereby has my blessing to lower the price of the raft in that shop I made. I can't even remember why I priced it at 200 rupees in the first place besides maybe thinking it wouldn't be necessary to complete the quest.

Edit: Changed "completing" to "complete" because it read weirdly.

Edited by FormidableMathematics, 18 August 2018 - 10:27 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#549 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

zelda047.png

Quest File

Map 2 Screen 2C

Changelog:

• Reworked how the Gel and Zol transformations work

• Updated the maximum map number in the script file

• Added in a bunch of constants for the global array (not in use yet, but they should be once I work out what all of the ones that are in use are)

• Made the constant Traps all blue

• Added in a new FFC script: SetTFObstacles - An FFC script that changes combos of a specific Combo Type and Flag combo if you are in a particular transformation on a screen with said FFC. D0 is the transformation to check for, D1 is the combo type to look for, D2 is the combo flag to look for.

• Anthus and Lüt like this

#550 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:50 AM

[claim]

EDIT:

r20orvkdrd9803q4g.jpg

Did a little editing of old screens. My snow mountain screen has been minorly edited to work better with the other two beside, and the entrance to Gori's House of Horrors now has two npcs outside to make the screen feel less empty.

http://www.mediafire...lop422.qst/file

Edited by klop422, 19 August 2018 - 01:40 PM.

• Anthus and Lüt like this

#551 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

[CLAIM]

#552 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

Done:

1sm-lut-m16-s6b.png

Quest: https://drive.google...HcpFON2jBeANqDH

Going off the entry screen, the 1st-tier-up water line continues. At this point, I think it would be interesting if this idea of an overhead water channel carries throughout at least a small segment of the dungeon. The Miserable Water Pipe... or something. Flume? Aquaduct?

Also, L3 now has a map.

(And yes the warp return is placed, I just disabled squares for the screenshot.)

• Anthus likes this

#553 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

[CLAIM]

Going to make a level 2, or 3 screen. Also, I'll move the warp Zone screens on their map so they correspond with the OW screens. 

#554 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:31 PM

[Quest File]

JmTECTI.png

Screen 6F in Level 2. I imagine this being something like a shortcut room once you get the Hammer (which was added to init data for testing). This will allow you to open up two paths along the east part of the dungeon, but to where? Well that's up to you guys ;)

Minor Changes/ Fixes:

• Made D-Map (and palette, where applicable) names consistent. across all references in the quest. (Uhm, except Fosaken/ Forbidden, but whatever, we get it)
  • Moved the two existing Warp Zone screens so that they line up with the OW screens they link to.
  • Added a Leaftorock (Octorock (Leaf)). It uses c-Set 9 (green) and moves a bit faster than a slow L2 Octorock (Step speed 65 from 50). I has 5 HP instead of 4, and shoots three rocks instead of one boring ol' rock. Touching it also does 4 instead of 2, but its rocks still do only 2HP.
  • Fixed the Patra Map :P

NOTE: That one Baba Bud in the room to the right of the start still causes walkability issues. I cannot re-enter the first room, as I'm blocked by a solid combo in the location of the right-most Bud.

#555 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

[claim]

EDIT:

qjjxaizjiiiqoqg4g.jpg

We briefly discussed on Discord the idea of having the Triforce pieces form a larger whole, but for now I've added a treeforce instead.

Also, yes, this is in the middle of the dungeon, because I like to throw challenges into the mix >:D. I made the exit in from the left because having the boss room on the left is a little less restrictive.

http://www.mediafire...m2-s4D.qst/file

Edited by klop422, 20 August 2018 - 05:46 PM.

• Anthus likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users