Showcase #1 - Theme Discussion: Fire [***Need Entries***]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

Welcome to the first ZC Creation Showcase! To start off our first theme, we're going to go back and revisit a classic theme:

Theme: Fire!
Deadline: Wednesday, April 4th

Yes! Fire for NewJourneysFire! Because I wouldn't have it any other way! Please give me the fuel to light the fire of my narcissism and lets begin our first month in a fiery inferno. [Insert Fire Puns Here!]

Either way! It's been ages since we did a fire theme, so we might as well revisit it. So please share your fire based submissions and lets get the first month started in a bright red glow!

-

Here is a list of submission types since I'm sure people are still kind of pretty new to this:

Submission Types

• Jared likes this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Contributors

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

I might try to do something for this. It would be cool to participate in the first contest and all. :D

I won't be able to really set any time aside to work on anything for another week or so, but I'll see what I can do.

#3 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:23 AM

Got around two weeks to submit. If you got any questions about this contest or are confused on what to or how to submit, please discuss your thoughts here.

#4 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:59 AM

1 More Week!

Get your entries in! ;p 

#5 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

The Subconscious Manifestation of your Deceased Archnemesis

• Members

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

It wouldn't be much, but I may be able to showcase one of my simple enemies in Prometheus or one of my items.
  • NewJourneysFire likes this

#6 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:13 AM

1 More Day! :P

But that's fine, we only have 0 submissions so far. 

• Shoshon the Elegant likes this

#7 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

The Subconscious Manifestation of your Deceased Archnemesis

• Members

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Wow. That's a lot.

0 contains infinite possibilities.

#8 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

I wonder if I should take some people's suggestion to push the contest ahead regardless how many submissions I got in favor of this idealistic approach of never delaying the contest under any circumstance. ;p

"This Month's Contest: Nothing! Nobody Wins because we don't believe in contest delays". 

#9 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

I have something that I am working on for this month. Hopefully I will be able to get it in by the time it goes up.

#10 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

When I suggested going forward, I was referring to if you've already delayed the contest once and it has < 2 entries (just include the entries as part of the next Showcase).

Mostly though I derped and forgot this was a thing because IRL. Will submit soon-ish!

#11 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

it has < 2 entries

< 2

As in less than 2?

So 1 or even 0 entries? ;p

#12 Dimentio

Dimentio

Procrastinator at heart

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

< 2

As in less than 2?

So 1 or even 0 entries? ;p

As in if you have 2 or more entries, you just submit the showcase with them, and if not you just add what you do have to next showcase.

#13 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Members

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

working on something, but might take a few more weeks, lol

#14 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

Two Days Late! 

We have 0 submissions and need 2 to continue. 

and if not you just add what you do have to next showcase.

Won't be happening, since there is absolutely no positive reason or benefit to cancel Showcase #1 and start Showcase #2 (and so on and so on) due to lack of submissions (other than a means to abuse the sidebar to try and bug people who's already decided they don't want to participate right now).

Not only will that create an environment where nobody's even confident if the showcase they submitted to will be supported or skipped, it'll also create an environment where people create something and are excited to be part of (a fire theme for example), and then have their fire enemy (or puzzle or whatever) pushed ahead to go against water type submissions. It's unfair for the people who actually did submit on time, in favor of pandering to people who feel they just don't want to bother with it at the time. Themes are optional so the argument "You've chosen a theme that nobody wants to participate in" cannot be made anymore.

When it comes to contest delays, I'll still be using the same strategy I used before (except now I'll be expecting at least 2 entries instead of 3.)

#15 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

I think I might have been among those confused. I must have missed the part where "themes are optional."

In that case, I have a ton of different things I could submit so the hard part will be selecting which one and getting it ready.

Expect something in the next couple of days.

(For future reference; maybe indicate in a topic like this that this is the "suggested" theme.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users