Photo

Screenshot of the Week 336

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (55 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(trudatman @ Sep 5 2011, 09:30 AM) View Post

Lightwulf and I had our submissions mistakenly transferred over from Screenshot Of The Wack.

icon_lol.gif I love word plays!
I can sure see you're not afraid to state your opinions. Definitely braver than many people out there!
I haven't tried Stick Zelda yet, but I thought it was a unique idea ever since I saw it was announced.

I didn't think I'd win, but I at least wanted feedback on the style. I thought it sure beats plain ol' black floors on caves.

#17 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

it's really not bad, but it is a relatively square, single-room cave. you did plenty within those constraints, it is evident, but in a competition, it is clear we were not trying to win. Stick Zelda doesn't offer much in its current form, but I have been making progress, so another demo is in the future.

Edited by trudatman, 05 September 2011 - 03:41 PM.

#18 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

icon_smile.gif

Sheik91 got my vote i love that screen icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#19 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Sep 6 2011, 01:14 AM) View Post

Shane: I like the tiles you ripped and the Forest brush looks much better with the detail you have on it. But, there is barely any detail on this screen at all. I think there is tons of room for flowers and bushes and maybe some dirt. It's basically just green on this screen. Could use some more colors, you know? 7/10

Replying to colours, I, personally, think it has perfect amount of colours. Flowers have several colours, the house and mountains and tree trunks are brown, and the stairs, chimney, pots are grey.

Sheik: *eyegasms* 10/10.

I agree, it's perfect.

Avataro: The palette is kinda boring, and not a big fan of using GB trees in DoR. But I think the design is great and has an awesome feel to it. That is why my vote goes to you, my friend. 8/10

Wait a sec. You rated Sheik a higher score why did you vote for Avataro if he got a 8/10? icon_sweat.gif

Replies in bold.

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

Jared - A-
Very nice. It all fits together well.

Shane - B+
Looks pretty good too, just not as exciting as a few others.

Sheik91 - A
This is near perfection right here. Great graphics, all used very well.

Not an interesting screen, but not a bad one either. The empasis is mainly on the bridge, and the rest of the screen does support it, but the bridge itself is just okay. I'm not sure what that white scribble is, but I do find it distracting. Still, the design of the screen makes sense.

Lightwulf - B-
I have mixed opinions on this one. While it is certainly one of the better looking screens of its type that I have seen, it still doesn't seem to do all that much. I guess it's hard to stretch too much on a classic style shop screen, but it certainly tries to.

William - A-
Very nice. Some of my favorite ground details among those graphics. I also like the colors. Bright, but not too overwhelming on the eyes. The channel of see through water is an interesting addition too.

trudatman - C
Sorry, not really my cup of tea. It's certainly unique without a doubt, so I'll give you that. But you understand that while sticks and stones may break your bones, these words will never hurt you. I'd play it, but I wouldn't vote for it in SotW.

#21 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

It was a close match between Jared and Sheik91 for me, but I opted for the latter. The water and shadow detail is unmatched.

#22 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Sep 9 2011, 08:29 AM) View Post
...I'm not sure what that white scribble is, but I do find it distracting.

It's one of those wind lines like you see in Wind Waker.

#23 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(Shane @ Sep 9 2011, 01:49 AM) View Post

Replies in bold.

Because I Sheik's screen was perfect and deserved a 10/10, but I liked Avataro's better. You get what I mean bro?
Sheik's screen has great tiles and graphics that make it perfect. But I like the general feel and design of avataro's screen better yet it's not perfect and has flaws.

Now that I said that, I outah go eat some pizza...

#24 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

Jared - 4 votes = [8.51%]
Shane - 4 votes = [8.51%]
Sheik91 - 28 votes = [59.57%]
Lightwulf - 1 vote = [2.13%]
William - 3 votes = [6.38%]
trudatman - 4 votes = [8.51%]
Total Votes: 47