Photo

Screenshot of the Week 61

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Pic? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:09 AM

Ccc:

Didn't think you'd win? Are you kidding? Codelinker and I were pretty sure you were gonna win; in fact, I was silly for thinking my shot could actually compete with it. Not that I would have withheld it until next week if I thought you'd win, of course. Those mountains almost make me jealous, but you earned whatever credit people give you.

Noel:

Hey, don't get angry at Happyman... he didn't want it to win. Although after this second joke-gone-awry I doubt he'll try it again. No one likes it when their honest joke is taken too seriously.

#47 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:09 AM

Congrats on your first victory, Ccc. icon_smile.gif I still have yet to win one. The last SoTW (or before that one?) was the closest I ever came to winning, LTM beat me by a few votes. icon_neutral.gif

#48 Mr.Descer

Mr.Descer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 02:57 AM

Hey if I remember correctly all other ccc's shots have been low quality and bland. But this time his shot is awesome. Congratulations Cccc. icon_smile.gif
Hehe. Classic shot is in the 2nd place. People are in a funny mood.

#49 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:52 AM

Random comments on some shots:

Radien: Your bridge tiles look good, but they lack shading. The solid brown doesn't work well with textured dirt and mountains. I'd get a little texture in there.

NoeL: Though I'm sure you know this, higher floors are generally lighter, and lower ones are darker. That would really help the depth perception, as well as tweaking the walls (they look a bit funky perception-wise). Overall, though, you have some very good tiles, especially with that shark and tank.

Ccc: The palette really makes this shot good, though I can't help but think I've seen this palette before...

I null voted, by the way.

#50 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE(StarFox @ Aug 1 2004, 12:52 AM)
Radien: Your bridge tiles look good, but they lack shading.  The solid brown doesn't work well with textured dirt and mountains.  I'd get a little texture in there.

Dangit. I put extra detail into some of my custom edits, and now I'm never going to get away with using untextured Pure tiles again. icon_wink.gif

#51 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Aug 1 2004, 01:09 AM)
Noel:

Hey, don't get angry at Happyman... he didn't want it to win. Although after this second joke-gone-awry I doubt he'll try it again. No one likes it when their honest joke is taken too seriously.

Eh, it's all in good humor. icon_razz.gif

#52 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the comments and the votes.
Thanks Aegis for telling me about that program, I've been needing a good word processor since time ran out on MSWord (I refuse to pay that much for a program).

#53 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:54 PM

Ccc wins. Could a Site Staff please update the main page. I won't be on much this morning.

#54 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:09 PM

Man...Who the heck gave there vote's to happyman's screen shot? NoeL's screenshot pwns all of them! Sorry Radien, but I think NoeL's shot is the best; though I don't dig the deep redish background of the submenu.
Thought I'm not much of NoeL's friend, I must pay respect where it is due...And NoeL pulled off a nice shot. I really love those tiles and the bluish sense. The texture of the ground is rendered nicely too.
Ccc and Radien's shot would have tied for a close 2nd.
Keep up the great work everyone.
-EDIT-
Durn it...I voted a few minutes too late! icon_mad.gif

Edited by rexlaninetales, 01 August 2004 - 01:10 PM.

#55 Aegis Runestone

Aegis Runestone

Cecil Harvey - Paladin

• Members

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Ccc @ Aug 1 2004, 12:40 PM)
Thanks for the comments and the votes.
Thanks Aegis for telling me about that program, I've been needing a good word processor since time ran out on MSWord (I refuse to pay that much for a program).

No problem man. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users