Photo

Screenshot of the Week 61

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Pic? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:13 PM

I mostly submitted that shot because I thought it was about time I made something that showed off my mountains. Perhaps people were already accustomed to them from my demo and loose tile submission. :\

My next submission will probably focus on water screens.

By the way, I noticed that I contradicted myself. When I said it would be awesome if Happyman won, I was not at all serious, in case you didn't figure that out. icon_razz.gif

#32 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:13 PM

Unless people are poor enough to actually vote for a joke shot just because they think it's funny (if you honestly think it was the best, well, that's your opinion...), the only way I can possibly justify the amount of votes I have is this:

I couldn't find it in the poll archives, but PureZC once had a poll about your preferred tileset. The Classic tileset got the most votes. Perhaps there were several of those people who came and voted for me. I'm fairly sure it was what I mentioned above though.

I am never submitting one of these jokes again. icon_sigh.gif

#33 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE(CrystalBlade @ Jul 29 2004, 01:57 AM)
NoeL: Pretty good. I like how the shark "reflects" in the water. icon_thumbsup.gif

Actually, thats called "refraction", the phenomenon of light bending when it moves through matter of different densitys (ie water/air). Light "bending" around matter is also called refraction.

eg. you're standing in a dark room and theres a light on outside.
. _
. | | <----doorframe
. / \ <----light "spreading" out on the floor

the light is refracted around the doorframe.

Just for anyone that didnt understand why it looked like there was 2 sharks, theres only 1. People with fish tanks will understand what i did a lot better.

Edited by NoeL, 29 July 2004 - 06:24 PM.

#34 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, I know what refraction is. I was just tired and I couldn't think of any other words. Good explanation, though.

Another reason why it looks like 2 sharks is the camera angle. When you look at the tank from the side you see the shark (the "real" one). When you look at the top (usually at an angle), and the light is shining down at an angle, it will appear as though there is more than one shark. Hard to explain in detail.

#35 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:35 PM

Raiden: Nothing to see here.
Ccc: Great shadows, nice LTTP mod. YOU'RE WINNER!
noEl: Good, but unappealing layout. And what's with this new Female character fad?
LtM: Nice.
Happyman: Concur'd!
Nick: Average
Hero Link: The bridge leaks in an odd fashion.
Ian: Probably third best.
CrystalBlade: *shrug*
Firestorm: Average

#36 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(System Error)

HEY!!!!!

At least tell me things I can improve on. icon_glare.gif

#37 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE(System Error @ Jul 29 2004, 06:35 PM)

Why did you bother posting? Your vote counts whether you post or not. Most of your comments don't even explain why you like/dislike them.

noEl: Good, but unappealing layout. And what's with this new Female character fad?

Funny, no one ever called having male lead characters a "fad." Try to be a little more open-minded. The female doesn't always have to be a helpless princess in pink with white silk gloves.

#38 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 30 July 2004 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(System Error @ Jul 29 2004, 10:35 PM)
Ccc: Great shadows, nice LTTP mod. YOU'RE WINNER!
LtM: Nice.
Happyman: Concur'd!
Nick: Average
Hero Link: The bridge leaks in an odd fashion.
Ian: Probably third best.
Firestorm: Average

I suggest that you read the SoTW note topic before you comment in the future, System_Error.

If you do not have constructive feedback, just don't say anything about those shots.

#39 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:22 AM

Well, CCC.. You've done great, man. I'm glad to see you win. I think this is my first time seeing you win. I don't recall.. Any others. Since I've been here, anyway. Great job! icon_thumbsup.gif

And to the rest of ya. Great job! icon_thumbsup.gif

#40 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 31 July 2004 - 11:03 AM

I made this big list on what I didn't like about each shot. I read it over and decided I had the most retarded reasons for hating the shots this week. So I'm not even going to vote. They are all great.

#41 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 31 July 2004 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(codelinker @ Jul 31 2004, 02:22 AM)
Well, CCC.. You've done great, man. I'm glad to see you win. I think this is my first time seeing you win. I don't recall.. Any others. Since I've been here, anyway. Great job! icon_thumbsup.gif

And to the rest of ya. Great job! icon_thumbsup.gif

Yeah this will be the first time I've won. I didn't acutely think I would win, I knew I had a chance of wining but I didn't think I'd acutely win.

#42 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(Ccc @ Jul 31 2004, 09:10 AM)
I didn't acutely think I would win

acutely? how do you acutely win? you mean actually, right? either way, congrats, though I can't help thinking I've seen that screenshot somwhere before, only with different tiles...

Edited by link3505, 31 July 2004 - 02:07 PM.

#43 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, actually. I used the AOL email spell check, it sucks but its the only spellchecker I got, still I should have paid more attention it *smacks himself*.

#44 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:53 PM

Well... i never thought i'd even get 2nd with this shot (go to hell Happyman, i'm not counting your votes icon_razz.gif) so i'm happy! Well done to Ccc, better luck next time for the rest... except Happyman! You've had too much luck this week icon_razz.gif

#45 Aegis Runestone

Aegis Runestone

Cecil Harvey - Paladin

• Members

Posted 31 July 2004 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(Ccc @ Jul 31 2004, 03:57 PM)
Yeah, actually. I used the AOL email spell check, it sucks but its the only spellchecker I got, still I should have paid more attention it *smacks himself*.

Get OpenOffice. It's a free word processor. I use it to write my fan fiction.

Anyway... good job to everyone out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users