Photo

Making a Layer Transparent?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bstudios

Bstudios

• Members

Posted 14 November 2021 - 05:38 PM

Greetings. I am new here, greetings, but alongside that I want to bring up the fact that I am unsure how to make a Layer Transparent.

What I mean for this is that I'm utilizing the Classic XD Tileset. This tileset has a rain tile that I want to use on an Overhead layer. However- when using this tile on an overhead layer, it has a black background on it and completely obscures the screen. My question is how would I make this layer transparent, so to say, so that sprites are visible even in the rain?

Example:

thing.png

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 November 2021 - 06:57 PM

Greetings. I am new here, greetings, but alongside that I want to bring up the fact that I am unsure how to make a Layer Transparent.

What I mean for this is that I'm utilizing the Classic XD Tileset. This tileset has a rain tile that I want to use on an Overhead layer. However- when using this tile on an overhead layer, it has a black background on it and completely obscures the screen. My question is how would I make this layer transparent, so to say, so that sprites are visible even in the rain?

Example:

thing.png

what layer are the combos placed on? Anything transparent placed on layer 0 will show color 0 behind it (usually black). If you place the combos on layer 1, then layer 0 combos will show behind them. Nothing special needs to be done.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:56 PM

The core problem you're running into is that overhead combos aren't properly a layer. That is, they're still being drawn to layer 0. Here's a video tutorial on setting up layers, or, if you prefer text, a text tutorial with broken images. Essentially, in the layers dialogue, you define a separate screen which will be used as the layer, and anything that uses the transparent color will not have that color drawn.

• Bagu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users