FireBird Tileset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

#31 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

I already fine my self checking forums every few hours because of this.
Got to realize its a month before release! 
GERR

Suggestion: Female link sprites!! (with hat n all)
N GO!

#32 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

8NjCzOC.png

The palette in this screen bothers me. The water is too light and the ground is too dark...It also doesn't help that the ground colors look similar to water colors used in other screens and the water colors look like grass colors used in other screens...

Other than that, this is looking really good.

#33 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

8NjCzOC.png

The palette in this screen bothers me. The water is too light and the ground is too dark...It also doesn't help that the ground colors look similar to water colors used in other screens and the water colors look like grass colors used in other screens...

Other than that, this is looking really good.

Actually, I'm glad you quoted that screen.  There's yet additional problems here.  The doors don't actually look like they fit within the...doors.  They're just kinda suspended in the air or something.  The pots and statues, and bushes also lack shadows, so they don't actually look like they're grounded.

Edited by Koh, 09 January 2014 - 06:16 AM.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder likes this

#34 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

This looks like it could be a pretty solid tileset. Lord knows we need something new. 

• Moosh and coolgamer012345 like this

#35 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

Actually, I'm glad you quoted that screen.  There's yet additional problems here.  The doors don't actually look like they fit within the...doors.  They're just kinda suspended in the air or something.  The pots and statues, and bushes also lack shadows, so they don't actually look like they're grounded.

Your point about the doors I can definitely see, but the other objects in the room looking floaty I'd attribute to the screen's design. When the ground is just one solid color, any object you place on it gets that floaty appearance to it. The particular blue used in the shot doesn't make it any better. And now you've let out the nitpick fairy in me again. Gosh darn it, Koh!

#36 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

Yeah, I thought that design choice really stuck out (badly). I sure hope it's fixed by the release...

It will, easy fix :)

As for the water temple, I'll get back to dungeons soon.

Edited by Supindahood, 09 January 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#37 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

This is a BEAUTIFUL new tileset! Congrats to everyone who participated in the making of this tileset; I'm sure it is going to be overused because it will be so amazing. :D

#38 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

Got any updates for us?

#39 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Definitely liking the style of this tileset. Its simplistic and detailed at the same time. The palettes are a bit odd, but I think it works quite well for this.

My few gripes are the edges of shallow water (as previously stated) looking as boxy as it does.

SpRh2D4.png

And on the subject of palettes, here is one of my issues. The colors of the shallow water and the deep water don't exactly match here, like the shallow water appears to be "cleaner" than the deep water, if that makes any sense.

However, this is a beautiful tileset, with what appears to be loads of design options. I'm loving the direction that this is heading. If I were to use this, I'd think that there would be little need for me to import a large amount of tiles for much of anything.

But on the subject of that, have you anything about enemies and Link sprites? I'd love to see how those fit into the tileset.

#40 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:53 AM

ymz4lIS.png

That bridge.. I made that, though it looks to be edited a bit. For the quest Hylian Phoenix, by Mikogalle, if memory (of both the work and the name) serves. Not that I mind, I'm just... shocked to see it!

Seems like I see a shot of this set every time I see the front page. It's a fantastic work, and a huge step away from the rest of the tilesets most seem to be using.

#41 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hey guys! Do you have any updates for this tileset? :)

#42 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

Still has 2 days :P

#43 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

LET ME KNOW WHEN THIS IS DONE! Seriously, I love the graphical style here. And I've been wanting to revamp z1 anyway. So, once this is released, I'll be grabbing this tileset for that purpose. Plus, z1 should give me enough time to work with it and learn the quirks of the tileset as well (as every tileset has its own "personality").

Just hope its released soon :D

EDIT: Also, are you planning on releasing a 2.5 build compatible version as well? Not saying it needs all the tiles to be updated for it, just that it would be functional for a 2.5 quest.

Edited by Master Maniac, 31 January 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#44 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Hello guys. Thank you for the feedback as always. You have been asking for an update, so I guess here I go! To be honest, though, I am not even in the best place to say what's going on right now: I haven't been active on anything PZC related since shortly after I posted this as my bachelor thesis has been demanding my attention (I aim to finish my degree this summer). Further, my mother has been diagnosed with a serious condition which futher demands my personal attention. I do not see myself getting really active on PZC until at least summer. So that's for me.

I do not know what Linkus has been up to, but I do know that Jonathan has been working on the tileset. I have talked to him and he says that it is not ready for release yet. I have been kind of trying to argue to just release an unfinished version of it, but at the same time I can see why he wouldn't want to do that. (So what does that mean? No release in January? I'm afraid so, yes.) We have been offered help with the missing sprites (mostly Link, NPC and enemy stuff as well as items), though, so I hope there is going to happen something soon in that department.

I hope nobody feels let down.

Edited by Sheik, 31 January 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#45 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

That bridge.. I made that, though it looks to be edited a bit. For the quest Hylian Phoenix, by Mikogalle, if memory (of both the work and the name) serves. Not that I mind, I'm just... shocked to see it!

Seems like I see a shot of this set every time I see the front page. It's a fantastic work, and a huge step away from the rest of the tilesets most seem to be using.

I did a full resprite of that bridge, changed it up a bit too, did not know you made the original one.

Edited by Supindahood, 31 January 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FireBird, Tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users