• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

I have an idea for a custom dungeon entrance. It should be better than a cave at least. Can you place this inside the tileset with the same style as the other gameboy tiles?
Pipe Dungeon Entrance
I guess Photobucket doesn't like it when you imbed images into topics. icon_sigh.gif

Edited by Nolornbon, 28 February 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#32 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

I can't access it. It comes up with "x.gif" when I try to save it.

Repost it/fix it so I can download it.

#33 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

Pipe Dungeon Entrance
It should work now, Lightwulf. It would mean everything to me if something I inspired were to be used by creators in the future.

#34 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Got it this time.

Hmmm... Looks a bit thin to be a dungeon entrance by itself. Perhaps if I overlaid it over mountains/rock it would make sense.

Was that the intent, for it to be overlaid, or were you thinking of it standing alone by itself? If by itself, I'd just have to add some depth.

#35 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

I intended it to be overlaid onto mountain tiles, Lightwulf. That is what I had envisioned for it, though you could also overlay it onto castle walls and even make it so that it can be used on layers 1 and 2 to be overlaid onto other types of walls. The more flexable it is, the more use it will see. That is a universal principle for any sort of graphic, and if you choose to make any yourself, know that well. Some of those custom tiles you made for your quest might make for nice additions to this tileset, but they will have to look like gameboy graphics. icon_smile.gif

#36 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(Angeal @ Feb 12 2012, 01:35 AM) View Post

I do think it would be best if you at least sent him a message about it. I guess I am not sure about how the whole modifying tilesets, and releasing them are. icon_shrug.gif I guess, take Pure into consideration, that has been modified by multiple people and released, which is where I end up confused about it.

so that is why it is called what it is? the set is a community effort, and a mix and match of everything else? I wish I could ammend it and add stuff. but I'm new to this kind of thing. I hate being limited in colors and not understanding what this is.

and my pixal art skills are pretty sad. Maybe someone can fix my messes.

#37 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Lightwulf can fix your pixel graphics, and so can Koh and Cukeman. You could ask Noel and Migokalle, but they might not be willing to do it. I myself rely on the skills of Lightwulf to improve my pixel graphics. One thing you better learn real fast is that there are people on this site who are not afraid to call graphics that are not professional quality garbage. The world of fan games can be a very cruel one. If you don't have the time or the patience to improve an original pixel graphic you have, then you best get assistance from a person that can. Nobody wants to get a bad review from everybody icon_frown.gif. Nobody wants to have a creation of theirs ignored by every single person in all of time and space icon_frown.gif.

#38 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

I doubt they'd call it quality garbage, we're far more nicer then that.

#39 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

What I meant is that if the graphics are not professional quality, then there are certain individuals on this site that will call them garbage. One of the things people can be picky about here is shading, which is a difficult part of pixel graphics to get right. I am not good at shading and I am not the most patient of people, so I ask Lightwulf to handle the shading for me.

#40 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Update:
I have completed all the Link tile pages, making them just like the Link tile pages in the classic 2.5 tileset (that comes with 2.5).
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I also included all of Akkabus' expansion pack tiles. Some of them (like for Biggoron) required me to add a pallette; I have named the pallette accordingly and added tiles that tell you which pallette and CSet to use.

Still to come: double-checking to ensure all sprites are assigned; combo reorganizing, complete with new combos needed.

For the latter, here are the combos I know need to be created:
Bush->Next
Tall Grass->Next
Stairs (B), ©, (D), and (Random)

If you know of any more combo types I need to add, please post them here.

#41 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Update:
I wasn't as far along with the tiles as I thought, but I went ahead and moved things around and created headers for the new sprite pages (just like how, in the 2.5 classic tileset, they have different versions of bombs, swords, bracelets, etc. in their own tile pages).
I also fixed some inconsistencies in the Link sprite tile pages, as well as added shields to all the non-shieldless slashing Link tiles. I thought it was weird how some of the GB Link tiles didn't show Link's shield.

Here's how Nolornbon's pipe dungeon entrance looks in the tile pages now:
IPB Image

I'm trying to get this tileset up and running soon. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this!

#42 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

My dungeon entrance looks great, Lightwulf! Thank you!

There aren't very many thrones in the EZGBZ tileset, so I would like to know if you could make the throne graphic I made below into something more suitable for the tileset you are working on here. The basic coloration of my throne graphic below should remain intact, but shading will have to be added. The black outline with nothing in it shows the basic shape of the throne. One neat thing about the throne is that its cushion can open up and reveal a shaft that goes down into the ground. Think of it as a possible dungeon entrance.
Throne Graphic On Photobucket

Here is another graphic I made some time ago when I made an attempt at shading. It should only need to be recolored when added to your tileset. It is meant to be placed on stone walls and cliff sides.
Something Weird

Edited by Nolornbon, 18 March 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#43 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

(I just saw your edit, Nolornbon. I'll see what I can do.)

Update:
I almost have the basics in tiles and organization done. It sure has been interesting implementings the changes from 2.5 classic into this tileset!
For example, Akkabus already had tiles for making the basic rupee "shine" animation; I was able to create the same thing for the larger rupees and implement the animations in the item editor. I'm still using the colors for the 100- and 200-value rupees that were in Akkabus' tileset (green and red, respectively), but I made tiles that are colored so that you can change the 100-value to orange and 200-value (or greater) to silver.

I will have a "bare bones" version done soon, without having touched combo reorganization yet. I just have to clean up the extra tiles on tile page 2 (because they are now under the new category tile pages), some of which I don't know what they are. I unfortunately have not played any of the Oracle GB games, so if anyone has and can help me with this, please let me know. I'll end up moving any extra tiles left on that page on the "Miscellaneous" tile page.

If someone would like to help identify what tiles should be added to the tileset (some of the tiles in 2.5 classic looked a bit too "classic" so I wasn't sure if they'd go with a GB tileset), either post here or send me a PM and I will PM you a "bare bones" copy so you can look through.

#44 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

I've played through both Oracle games, and I'm fairly certain I can help identify what things are. Let me see a picture and I'll see if I recognize it.

#45 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

OK, I guess just a picture will do. If you want to see where I put all the other tiles, let me know so I can PM you the file.

Here are the remaining unidentified tiles (except the ones that I crossed off in blue because I know what they are):
2.5_Items_leftover.PNG

Now, knowing exactly what each item is would be nice, but if you want to save some time, just please tell me which of these tiles would fit in any of the following tile page categories:
1. Swords/Shields
2. Rings, Clocks
3. Hearts/Magic (i.e. containers/refill)
4. Boomerangs, Rupees
5. Bombs
6. Arrows/Bows
7. Candles, Whistles, Bait, Potions
8. Wands/Magic Books, Feathers, Hookshots
9. Lenses, Hammers
10. Ladders, Rafts, Flippers, Boots, Wallets, Bracelets, Amulets, Keys
11. Spells
12. Dungeon Items ***(The items with bright purple background: I thought they belonged in this category, but I'm not sure.)
13. Icons/Meters
(These do not include any categories other than item categories. Trees, mountains, ground, etc. are separate, but if you think there's another category they might go under, let me know.)

If any don't fit in the above categories, I will put them on tile page (14.) Miscellaneous.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users